Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Zierra

Our New Home - 4Rm Bto @ Costa Ris

Hey, that's good! At least the minor probs could b solved in the end.

hahah for my side, We just can't resist shopping for furniture. Now my ID has a slightly hard time in thinking how to corporate those furniture that we have bought into the proposed theme and design.

Heard that the 3D designs going to be out soon.. Hehe can't wait to see the end results.

Sure, once the Reno commences, I will upload the pics.

Oops! hahahha...what we did was to decide on the furniture and then interior design is based on the furniture which we have purchased. :)

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Oops! hahahha...what we did was to decide on the furniture and then interior design is based on the furniture which we have purchased. :)

Hahah diva79, actually u haf done the right thing. Shd decide on furniture 1st then decide on the design of the house. like that it will be easier.

Hehe, the theme for my house design is more towards to a cozy and modern home. When I haf gone shopping with my hubby, we chanced upon a set of marble dinning table and chairs and a marble coffee table. I just can't resist the temptation... 😍😍😍 so, we just made the deposit before consulting our ID if these furniture do match our theme. 😛

These furniture is also a bit mismatch with my leather sofa and most probably the flooring as well (I suspect) At a weak moment, my hubby has been convinced by me to also buy a Ogawa massage chair. 😁😁😁 I have totally forgotten about the issue if there is any available space to put this chair in the living room. hehe, my ID now trying to see how to 'salvage' the situation.. 😜😜😜

well, I guess can take this incident to test test his capability a bit... 😜 Suspect he is stressed now... 😝 Hahah

Edited by Zierra

Hello neighbor Rilkeanheart

You can appeal for free cement screeding at HDB Pasir Ris branch office if it is necessary for your flooring type.

That was what I did as I also collected my keys only on 09 Oct 2014 and am doing vinyl flooring.

Now waiting for HDB to cement screed in 3 weeks' time.

As we will need to start the renovation works before the commencement of the lunar September 2014, my fil has picked 23 October for BH to start the reno works ("kai gong yi shi") as a form of symbolism.

One more good news is that the cement screeding will also be carried out on the same day! :good:

Hehe, my hubby and I are actually quite worried over the possibility that the HDB contractor may delay another 1 to 2 more weeks to carry out the cement screeding for us.

I will update more after 23 October 2014. :D

Sighz, the cement screeding job has not been carried out yesterday, 23 Oct 2014...

On 22nd, my ID has called to remind him of the appointment on 23rd. This HDB contractor has actually said that he has FORGOTTEN about it!!!:angry2:

This is really very irresponsible of him! :curse: He has then fixed the appointment on the coming Monday. This is the last straw... If the cement screeding has not been carried out on Monday, I will sure make noise to HDB. This is already the 3rd week since we have submitted our application and nothing has been done! :angry::angry:

So, only some minor masonry works in the Kitchen were been carried out yesterday.

Hihi,

Apologies for the late update...

Well, the last I have updated this blog is that my renovation work is unable to commence as we are waiting for the floor screeding to be done by the HDB contractor.

This floor screeding job has finally been done and carried out. However, the quality of the job is not really up to my expectation...

Screeding done   passageway

Screeding done   master bedroom passage

Screeding done   Living room

Screeding done   Common bedroom 3

As you can see in the above pictures, the screeding job takes place in the living room does not look really even... My ID, BH, has assured me that the quality is okay and there will be no problem to lay the HERF flooring over it. My hubby has not commented anything about it... so I guess this type of quality should be okay. :dunno: Really "cross fingers"...

In my last update, I have mentioned that BH has arranged for the tilers to do some minor masonry work as a symbolism of starting work before the Lunar September arrives.

Minor Masonary work At Service Yard

The neat kerb done in the service yard for washing machine base...

Minor Masonary work At Kitchen 2

Minor Masonary work At Kitchen 1

Minor Masonary work At Kitchen 3

The kerbs done for the kitchen cabinets and fridge base...

Minor Masonary work At Master toilet

The kerb done up for master toilet...

The workmanship of these tilers is really good. :thumbs up: They have won my hubby over with their exquisite workmanship. BH has also helped to apply for the city gas.
Last weekend, the city gas workers have come and installed the required piping. Thus, now, our gas piping is up and ready. We also have our air-con contractor to come to our house and install the various piping needed.

Air Con piping 1

Air Con piping 2

The electrician and carpentary controcators will be meeting me and my hubby on this coming Saturday when he does the measurement in our home... My hubby will also be informing him of the number and locations of the data points needed.

On this coming Saturday, we will also be discussing about the paint work (looking at Nippon Momento).

Can't wait for Saturday to arrive... Finally, our renovation process is in full bloom... :dancingqueen:

Edited by Zierra

Hi zierra,whats the theme of your house? Can show us pics of the furniture u've bought? ☺️

Hi Septh,

My theme is more towards to modernization. Hehe, I have been too eager shopping for furniture and have forgotten to take down most of the pics...

Will have to wait for the furniture to be delivered to my house before I am able to take a pic and upload the pic here.

To come and think about it, I have not bought much furniture... Only a set of marble dinning tables and chairs, a marble coffee table, sofa, massage chair,a pedestal and a display cabinet. The mattress is from sealy... The rest are all built in.

I have requested Violet from *** to watsapp me a few pics of the items (toilet accessories and lights) that I have bought...

basin   Tap

I love this basin and tap... I have just asked Violet to add it to the buying list the moment I saw it.. :wub: it will go into the master toilet...

animal motif hooks

This is another item i go "gaga' over it the moment I saw it.. Hahah, I find it quite unique and thus, it is also on the buying list.

metal rack

The normal metal rack to be instilled in the toilets.

Light At dining area

This is the light chosen for the dinning area. This is also the only light that is not led. :yamseng:

What's that metal looking (2nd pic) thing? Do u have any 3d?

I imagine that in order for your nice marble grains to stand out, you will be going for a simpler laminate and colour palette? :)

What's that metal looking (2nd pic) thing? Do u have any 3d?

I imagine that in order for your nice marble grains to stand out, you will be going for a simpler laminate and colour palette? :)

Hi Septh,

The 2nd pic is actually a pair of deer like hooks. This will be installed in the master toilet.

Hehe, no 3d... Cos we haf only signed up after we collected our keys. So it is a bit rushed. Thus, we opt out from 3d. So all discussion based on sketches... Hahah, hopefully everything turns out fine

Yup, will b going for a simple laminate and the color will most likely b brown... the earthy color. Will b having the final confirmation of the materials n color with BH this week.

Just another update...

We have just finished installing the HERF flooring. However, the worker has made an error in the colors!

We have originally opted grey for living room and brownish orange for the rest of the rooms. The worker has installed the whole of living room and the two common bedrooms the brownish orange color instead!

Our master bedroom is grey!!! the combi really looks very weird!

BH has quickly contacted the tiling worker and notified him of the error. As the worker has used quite a lot of the brownish orange HERF flooring tiles, we compromise and request for the master bedroom to be changed to the same color instead.

The whole house looks orangey now... and the color for the sofa and the furniture will now need to be in a darker shade... Have to repeat the whole color selection cycle again... Hahah