Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
krisietong

Kande Love Nest

one piece of advise, make sure that the furniture co allows u to hold your furniture for at least 3-4 months upon ordering. just in case they threatened no space in their store and wants u to receive the goods before the reno is complete.

have called Best and they are agreeable to keep my TV till end of april.. I wish to shift in on my birthday.. hehehehe.

Latest Update:

Your appointment to sign the Agreement for Lease and Take Possession of the new flat is on 05 Mar 2007 at 4:30 PM.

So exciting... finally going to see the keys!! HoHoHoHo :dancingqueen::lol::D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

frankly speaking i dun think it's a bit rush even to shift in by end of april..

cos after geting the keys, u still check for defects and ask the HDB contractors to do defects rectification...and OMG they will sure take their own sweet time to do... for me i got my keys at end of Nov, but they only finish the rectification on Jan... even after i keep 'chasing' them.. the actual rectifications take only 2-3days lor... but the waiting time... grrr...

of cos it's possible for ur contractors and HDB contractors to be in ur place doing renos and rectifications at the same time(to speed up the process) but might be abit messy...

What's more the whole schedule might be delayed by some 'unexpected' incidents.. rushing the reno workers might make them produce lower quality stuffs... then need to waste time and $$ to redo...

IMHO i think shift in by end of april is gg to be quite rush... unless u are not gg to let HDB contractors do the defects rectifications... the main prob is them lah...tell u one date but nv fufill one...

Anyway good luck for ur renos...hope u will be able to move in at ur expected date...

Edited by sunboi80

frankly speaking i dun think it's a bit rush even to shift in by end of april..

cos after geting the keys, u still check for defects and ask the HDB contractors to do defects rectification...and OMG they will sure take their own sweet time to do... for me i got my keys at end of Nov, but they only finish the rectification on Jan... even after i keep 'chasing' them.. the actual rectifications take only 2-3days lor... but the waiting time... grrr...

of cos it's possible for ur contractors and HDB contractors to be in ur place doing renos and rectifications at the same time(to speed up the process) but might be abit messy...

What's more the whole schedule might be delayed by some 'unexpected' incidents.. rushing the reno workers might make them produce lower quality stuffs... then need to waste time and $$ to redo...

IMHO i think shift in by end of april is gg to be quite rush... unless u are not gg to let HDB contractors do the defects rectifications... the main prob is them lah...tell u one date but nv fufill one...

Anyway good luck for ur renos...hope u will be able to move in at ur expected date...

wa.. how come they sooo slow one!! I am in hurry to shift leh.. cos sofa set and TV will come in Apr.. :dancingqueen:

wa.. how come they sooo slow one!! I am in hurry to shift leh.. cos sofa set and TV will come in Apr.. :dancingqueen:

Ya they are **** slow... and their work sucks. after they are gone, i still have to touch up here and there myself... grrh... think ur HDB contractor and mine shld be the same 1 lah...

After u submit the defects list, u still gotta wait for the contractor to contact u, then he will go thru' everything u wrote down on the list (go to ur unit to walk the gnd) , they wan u to show them the actual defects... then they will say when and when they will start to fix... but hor usu. not accurate one... they got alot of excuses...

I've been thru' all these before... must keep chasing them...call them, bug them... somemore there are more than 1 contractor, 1 electrical stuffs, 1 for general works, one for metal, and 1 for sanitary... wah... chase them 1 by 1... sianz...

Ya they are **** slow... and their work sucks. after they are gone, i still have to touch up here and there myself... grrh... think ur HDB contractor and mine shld be the same 1 lah...

After u submit the defects list, u still gotta wait for the contractor to contact u, then he will go thru' everything u wrote down on the list (go to ur unit to walk the gnd) , they wan u to show them the actual defects... then they will say when and when they will start to fix... but hor usu. not accurate one... they got alot of excuses...

I've been thru' all these before... must keep chasing them...call them, bug them... somemore there are more than 1 contractor, 1 electrical stuffs, 1 for general works, one for metal, and 1 for sanitary... wah... chase them 1 by 1... sianz...

wa liew.. I am really very lazy when it comes to calling.. but when I get impatient.. I will get MAD!! haha.. had scolded the Citibank officers for many times for making me wait at the hotline.. keke

Ur place got alot of defects to retify?? Heard some pple has alot of cracks on the tiles.. den the officers have to change wall tiles and retile for them!

wa liew.. I am really very lazy when it comes to calling.. but when I get impatient.. I will get MAD!! haha.. had scolded the Citibank officers for many times for making me wait at the hotline.. keke

Ur place got alot of defects to retify?? Heard some pple has alot of cracks on the tiles.. den the officers have to change wall tiles and retile for them!

my unit still alright... I didn't notice any cracks on the kitchen wall tiles or the toilet floor tiles... actually i also didn't go check hehe.. tat's why my defects recitification is quite simple not many big big works involved and i gotta wait for more than 3 weeks for them to complete (frm start to finish) .. not including the waiting involved...

i think u and ur hubby gotta call them everyday on the pretext of checking their progress after the day they said they will start work(like me) then they will buck up..else i think they will just take their own sweet time...

thanks for ur advice :)

actually, I kinda hope that my walls have alot of cracks so that I can have new tiles :P

but when thinking of the time constraints.. i have 2nd thoughts~ :good:

went to the new novena square today..

saw the shop named Front.. they r selling this Wall Art Clock.. my hubby and I were drooling over it!!

wallclockPebbles.jpg

was deciding between the large size or the medium size :good:

Front Wall Art Clock

go to this link for more details!:P

Edited by krisietong

Had received an envelope from HDB to brief us on the TO-DOs on next monday when we r signing the lease agreement..

To Bring:

1. Our ICs!

2. Marriage certificate

3. Original Option Fee Receipt

4. Original Bank Book

5. Sufficient CASH (need to pay 3mths conservancy charges and Fire Insurance fee upfront)

Have to ensure sufficient CPF monies to pay: 10% downpayment + Lease Stamp Fee, Conveyancing Fee, Lease In-Escrow Stamp/ Regn Fee, Mortgage Stamp Fee, Mortagage In-Escrow Stamp/Regn Fee, Survey Fee and the first mth of installment -----------> :dancingqueen: $32K! :dancingqueen:

Btw, how much is the annual fire insurance ah?? Dunnoe need to prepare how much$$..

Had received an envelope from HDB to brief us on the TO-DOs on next monday when we r signing the lease agreement..

To Bring:

1. Our ICs!

2. Marriage certificate

3. Original Option Fee Receipt

4. Original Bank Book

5. Sufficient CASH (need to pay 3mths conservancy charges and Fire Insurance fee upfront)

Have to ensure sufficient CPF monies to pay: 10% downpayment + Lease Stamp Fee, Conveyancing Fee, Lease In-Escrow Stamp/ Regn Fee, Mortgage Stamp Fee, Mortagage In-Escrow Stamp/Regn Fee, Survey Fee and the first mth of installment -----------> :) $32K! :sport-smiley-004:

Btw, how much is the annual fire insurance ah?? Dunnoe need to prepare how much$$..

i think the 3 mths conservancy fee can be paid by NETS lah... i can't remember though it has only been a few mths back...

fire insurance there's 2, one covers just the house , the other covers the house and the furnishing inside of cos this is more ex...

if i rem correctly the cheaper one is $9.60... the more comprehensive one i think is $60++

oh ya still got the HPS to factor in..but the HPS is a annual fee payable by CPF monies...

and if u are applying SP services (water and electricity), another $100/150 security deposit...

on that day is really PAP Pay and Pay... haha

i think the 3 mths conservancy fee can be paid by NETS lah... i can't remember though it has only been a few mths back...

fire insurance there's 2, one covers just the house , the other covers the house and the furnishing inside of cos this is more ex...

if i rem correctly the cheaper one is $9.60... the more comprehensive one i think is $60++

oh ya still got the HPS to factor in..but the HPS is a annual fee payable by CPF monies...

and if u are applying SP services (water and electricity), another $100/150 security deposit...

on that day is really PAP Pay and Pay... haha

wa liew.. den better prepare lotsa cash!! havent get the flat oreadi gg to have a big hole in the pocket.

Singapore is really govern by PAP aka Pay and Pay! !! :):seeya:

2 more hrs to keys collection!:sport-smiley-004:!!

Just gotten hold of the Nippon Catalogue

Had chosen the colours that I liked.. awaiting for approval from Hubby:

Living Room Feature Wall ----> Light Cocoa (3-in-1Soft Matt)

Dining Area ----> Latte (Odourless)

Corridor leading to the rooms ----> Celery Green (Odourless)

Study ROom ----> Latte (Odourless)

MBR Feature Wall ----> Hibiscus (Vinilex 5000)

MBR walls ----> Rosy Fresh ( 3-in-1 Soft Matt)

Guest Room 2 ----> Plum Rose ( 3-in-1 Soft Matt)

Guest Room 1 ----> For Hubby to decide

Ceilings ----> Barley White (Odourless)

Doors ----> Mahogany (Bodelac 9000)

2 more hrs to keys collection!:sport-smiley-004:!!

Just gotten hold of the Nippon Catalogue

Had chosen the colours that I liked.. awaiting for approval from Hubby:

Living Room Feature Wall ----> Light Cocoa (3-in-1Soft Matt)

Dining Area ----> Latte (Odourless)

Corridor leading to the rooms ----> Celery Green (Odourless)

Study ROom ----> Latte (Odourless)

MBR Feature Wall ----> Hibiscus (Vinilex 5000)

MBR walls ----> Rosy Fresh ( 3-in-1 Soft Matt)

Guest Room 2 ----> Plum Rose ( 3-in-1 Soft Matt)

Guest Room 1 ----> For Hubby to decide

Ceilings ----> Barley White (Odourless)

Doors ----> Mahogany (Bodelac 9000)

u are planning to use 'barley white' for ceilings? i suggest u dun... cos it's rather 'pinkish' and hard to match with wall colors... use normal white better (matex) and cheaper as well... i initially painted my ceilings wif barley white but then after i painted my walls alamak...those look funny so i painted matex over my ceiling..waste time,effort and $$ (my barley white)... imho if u dun like flat white, use lily white will be better...easier to match with various wall colors...

barley white will look nice on our toilet ceilings though hehe

Congratulations on collecting your keys. :)

Buy property of course must pay and pay 'cos in your name...even communist countries now also must pay and pay. :) FOC - parents' place! :)