Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kaisharon

Can I Lodge A Complaint Of The Agent For Being Irresponsible?

I had being renting a unit with lots of problems. At first the agent still helpful to solve the problems for us. On the 3rd or 4th months onwards, he seem to be irresponsible msg him seldom reply or hours later then reply. Eg my pipe leak again, I msg him he never reply me at all. And alway said he will becoming at certain timing but alway never turn up and come without informing. With all this problems can I lodge a complaint?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

How can you expect an housing agent to be a plumber! He sure turns to become 'irresponsible'.

To what extent of effect of complaint you expect - cause him to 'break one arm', 'break 2 legs', or 'scratch his back'? No need complaint, simply just ACT.

To make him responsive - hold the monthly payments- he sure 'responses' to you for landlord will press him...U.then press him to press landlord for rectification by HOLDING the PAYMENT!

Draft him a black & white and sign to be binding - you get contractor to rectify the 'music' that 'everyday you face' then back charge to landlord by deducting from rental payments.....Tell you one thing: landlord scares tenant who doesn't pay on time.

Make sure you comprehend TA clauses first. Know your rights meanwhile responsibilities.

Edited by bepgof

I'm implying you 'expect', as a tenant, that yr agent to 'walk the extra mile' in this regard. Not what become plumber....

And, I deemed your wish to 'complain' against his failing to your 'irresponsible' demand - to walk extra mile, would land nowhere.

You move forward 2 inch, he steps backward 2 feets, i'm sure. His 'goal' already reached - tenant/landlord closed the deal!

I ask u to read TA clauses for reasons - tenant is responsible for minor repairs! Otherwise, hold payment - very very effective strategy!

Edited by bepgof

read your TA,

If you hold the payment, landlord has the right to take back the unit or implement late payment interest.

Read your TA

Some clauses like these:

The Tenant hereby agrees with the Landlord as follows:

(a) To pay the said rent and hiring charges at the times and in the manner aforesaid without any deduction whatsoever.

(b) To pay all charges due in respect of any telephone, supply of water, electricity, gas and any water borne sewerage system and/or other equipment installed at the said premises, including any tax payable thereon.

© Not to do or suffer or permit to be done anything whereby the policy or policies of insurance in respect of the said premises or any part thereof against loss or damage by fire may become void or voidable or whereby the rate of premium thereon may be increased and to pay the Landlord all sums paid by way of increased premiums and all expenses incurred by them in or about the renewal of such policy or policies rendered necessary by a breach of this Agreement.

(d) At the Tenant's own cost and expense to keep the interior of the premises including the sanitary and water apparatus, doors and windows in good and tenantable repair and oondition, fair wear and tear excepted, throughout the term and to replace the same with new ones if damaged, lost or broken and to yield up the same in good order and oondilion at the termination of the tenancy.

(e) To provide and replace electric bulbs and tubes at the Tenant's own expense.

(f)To replace any other items at the Tenant's own expense up to S$ xxx per item. In the event the item is more than S$xxx per item, the initial S$ xxx is to be borne by the Tenant and the excess to be borne by the Landlord.

(g) To permit persons with authority from the Landlord at all reasonable times by prior appointment to enter and view the Premises for the purpose of taking a new tenant during two (2) calendar months immediately preceding the termination of the tenancy.

(n) Tenant to take up a service contract with a competent air-conditioner maintenance contractor once every 4 months. The Landlord shall pay for all necessary repairs and/or replacement of the air-conditioning units or parts. However, the Landlord shall not be responsible for repairs and/or replacement of the air-conditioning units or parts if the Tenants failed to show proof of regular maintenance contract as stipulated. Under such circumstances, the Tenant shall be fully responsible for the repair and/or replacement of the air-conditioning unit or parts.

(0) Tenant to be responsible for all minor repairs and routine maintenance of the premises not exceeding S$150 per job/repair, per item throughout the term of the said lease. In the event any repair and/or maintenance exceeds S$150 per job/repair, per item, then the initial S$150 shall be borne by the Tenant and any excess to be borne by the Landlord.

5 C. In the event of the rent, hire charge, management fee and or service charge remaining unpaid for SEVEN (7) calendar days after becoming payable (whether formally demanded or not) it shall be lawful for the Landlord to claim an interest at ten percent (10%) per annum. Amount unpaid calculated as from the date payable.

Edited by bepgof

From the first day I moved in till now every month pipe having leakage problems.

First day? Clearly it's landlord's responsibility to make good.

Get it repaired and reimburse back from rental - get evidence, black & white.....no need ask agent to 'see'.

You are the one facing the 'music' everyday, not them. One more day 'music' is more more day torture.

Every month music. This is what I did reimburse in the rental as the unit almost 30 yrs and all the pipes have a lot of joining elbow. It shows that I'm not the only one who face this problem, previous tenants have the same problem too.