Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xiaoheng

Am I Being Con By Plumber?

Hi guys new here need some advice help, recently i live in a 3 room HDB flat the water pipe (more than 25 yrs old) running from outside to living room started leaking out water, so i look up for plumber from HDB getting help site and found one was charged $150 for replacing the portion and i agreed, so after the job done a few hrs later i found new area leaking (probably due to the vibrations made during cutting of pipes) and informed by the plumber better to change the entire water pipe from living rm to kitchen and bath room, was quoted $1.3k for whole thing and he say $150 he refund me in this quote so total is $1150 itz really worth it? i have call a few plumber since he told me avg a 3 rm flat cost about $1.5k but there is one who quote me avg $750 thats without site servey so now dunno wat to do... pls assist tyvm for ur time

Edited by xiaoheng

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Call the plumber that quote $750 to go to your place for site survey, ask what pipe material he using (PVC, copper, stainless steel pipe) , any hacking involve and will he make good the places if he need to hack a little, got include painting, etc....

Then see how much the total quote and compare with the $1150 plumber. Compare apple to apple.