Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fmlgg

Is Cement Screed Advisable To Use On Wall?

Hi,

Am thinking to cement screed my wall. Is cement screed advisable to use on wall? Will it have a lot crack line after years?

Anyway, is cement screed & concrete screed is the same thing? Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Initially I thought cement screed on the wall was the way to go. But the contractor told me, for walls, they use this easy plaster or ezi plaster, anyway something along that line. Take a look at my t-blog. I'm using those for my kitchen walls.

Initially I thought cement screed on the wall was the way to go. But the contractor told me, for walls, they use this easy plaster or ezi plaster, anyway something along that line. Take a look at my t-blog. I'm using those for my kitchen walls.

@mrbytez is it this http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/68948-sand-castle-in-the-air-part-i/page-2 ? #55 ?

Plastered up using easy plaster and then done? Can get the cement screed effect ?

IMHO if in kitchen should avoid just normal cement screed... Either paint over or use cement looking tiles better. Because kitchen considered high risk, high traffic, always wet/greasy etc

If use epoxy also not so bad..

For my bathroom wall, I initially wanted cement screed also but... after talking to contractors and my tiler, I will be painting with oil-based sealer and probably PU over it instead.

IMHO if in kitchen should avoid just normal cement screed... Either paint over or use cement looking tiles better. Because kitchen considered high risk, high traffic, always wet/greasy etc

If use epoxy also not so bad..

For my bathroom wall, I initially wanted cement screed also but... after talking to contractors and my tiler, I will be painting with oil-based sealer and probably PU over it instead.

Any photo?

I will be painting. Haven't yet.

But this is how my cement wall looks so far, if that's what you are asking...

OJw52KA.jpg

I will be painting. Haven't yet.

But this is how my cement wall looks so far, if that's what you are asking...

OJw52KA.jpg

I honestly think it's really quite nice and would leave it like that but... It still feels kinda crumbly and stuff. So definitely will not withstand the moisture of the bathroom without painting it.

I honestly think it's really quite nice and would leave it like that but... It still feels kinda crumbly and stuff. So definitely will not withstand the moisture of the bathroom without painting it.

@XG6T Yeap :dribble: Looking for this kind of feeling.. Is it started to crack already? So after paint wouldn't have any problem with moisture in bathroom?

Ya without paint actually can see it's got fine cracks here and there, but that may just be the quality of workmanship... I don't know.

But anyway I have painted it with sealer and if you want to see how it looks, can see my T blog.

It totally loses the cement screed feel la.. but definitely more practical. Cement screed alone, I think won't even last you 6 months lol

I have cement plaster in my kitchen surrounding my hob/hood as well as in the non-shower are of bathroom.

Bathroom no issues. Dries up quickly.

Was worried about oil splatter for kitchen. So far it is minimal.

Aesthetically, it does have cracks but I really like that look.

I would not recommend it if your expectation it will retain the look at day one.

I have cement plaster in my kitchen surrounding my hob/hood as well as in the non-shower are of bathroom.

Bathroom no issues. Dries up quickly.

Was worried about oil splatter for kitchen. So far it is minimal.

Aesthetically, it does have cracks but I really like that look.

I would not recommend it if your expectation it will retain the look at day one.

Hi,
Did you paint over it? How is the condition now?
Have just screeded my walls and am worried the condition may not last. What would you recommend to help preserve it?
Thanks!