Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jessi

Our Home In The West

called them already. the TO ask us to go down and fill up the form.

so troublesome! :sport-smiley-018:

haiya actually no need to call them also ... jus tell the contractor in charge of ur unit... let him settle the rest... after all it's him who will be doing the work..(and claiming) hehe

u tell TO, TO still need to tell contractor ione big loop...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
but if dun inform the TO, think the contractor may not be able to claim for work done leh...

dunno leh tat time my TO told me to contact my contractor directly... she said even if i inform her, she still gotta pass down to her contractor...double work

i had already went down to submit the form at pioneer mall since going down to the house. anyway now the contractor in charge of the area had changed so i guess also have to go thru TO first.

i had already went down to submit the form at pioneer mall since going down to the house. anyway now the contractor in charge of the area had changed so i guess also have to go thru TO first.

hi jessi (and also allo)

how are ur reno progressing? i heard some reno noise from allo's unit !! Hmm din hv time to pop by jessi's cos was busy w the workers at my unit...

FH applied to do cement screeding and H*D said will get the contractor to call him b4 screeding

but when we went today for the 'dong gong' praying and stuffs, they completed 80% of it!

so upset cos that wasn't what we wanted. we needed to tell the contractor the sand level we want

i noe y bedroom screeding are low liao. they measuring from the balcony sliding door track. but i dun want the balcony door so they shld not hv used tt as starting point! c lah, nv call us b4 doing the screeding. !!

then stupid h*d build hse w many uneven concrete patches on the floor. bcos they finished the bedrooms alrdy, when we wanted the screeding outside the bedrooms to b lower the concrete 'humps' made it impossible to do. in the end the workers dug up everything throw away. but nothing can b done abt the bedrooms screeding cos alrdy put cement liao. We wanted it higher leh, why didn't h*b do what they agreed, call b4 screeding?? sigh!!

i will also end up w gap under the main door like u jessi. hv to build kerb... arrghh!! :dancingqueen:

in the end we couldn't proceed w the dong gong. hv to ask FSM for another date. dunno superstitious or what, isit we hv not dong gong yet, so much problem. even ah soon's worker also swapped the MBR and common toilet doors, installed wrongly. sigh!

hi jessi (and also allo)

how are ur reno progressing? i heard some reno noise from allo's unit !! Hmm din hv time to pop by jessi's cos was busy w the workers at my unit...

FH applied to do cement screeding and H*D said will get the contractor to call him b4 screeding

but when we went today for the 'dong gong' praying and stuffs, they completed 80% of it!

so upset cos that wasn't what we wanted. we needed to tell the contractor the sand level we want

i noe y bedroom screeding are low liao. they measuring from the balcony sliding door track. but i dun want the balcony door so they shld not hv used tt as starting point! c lah, nv call us b4 doing the screeding. !!

then stupid h*d build hse w many uneven concrete patches on the floor. bcos they finished the bedrooms alrdy, when we wanted the screeding outside the bedrooms to b lower the concrete 'humps' made it impossible to do. in the end the workers dug up everything throw away. but nothing can b done abt the bedrooms screeding cos alrdy put cement liao. We wanted it higher leh, why didn't h*b do what they agreed, call b4 screeding?? sigh!!

i will also end up w gap under the main door like u jessi. hv to build kerb... arrghh!! :dancingqueen:

in the end we couldn't proceed w the dong gong. hv to ask FSM for another date. dunno superstitious or what, isit we hv not dong gong yet, so much problem. even ah soon's worker also swapped the MBR and common toilet doors, installed wrongly. sigh!

Hi latte, i also heard noise coming from ur unit! saw from my service balcony into ur MBR and saw ppl doing cement screeding. I went back to jaga ppl install toilet bowl for me. Was not done smoothly, end up we have to go out buy the spoilt spare part, rush back and make them install back the part... (waste time waste effort). Electrical works are 60% done, should need another day then can proceed to ceiling work le.

H*B do things dun call in advance wan lah... i oso have hard time dealing with them sia.... the door issue oso haven't rectified. ID's tiler spotted the hollow at the balcony, managed to get approval from T.O to rectified for me, but will be done by the new sub-con... the new sub-con got attitude wan... just learn to appreciate ah soon, his workers' attitude r better thou still inefficient lah. !!

latte, u better ask for a date at least 2 weeks from now... only dong gong when the defects are rectified, or a day u wan ID to dong gong start reno. for my case, i told ID to accomodate to my timing/date... start work on friday, hacking can only start strictly after 11am.

hi ladies,

the tiling works in my house was completed. my ID managed to tile it higher so that the gap at the door is not wide so no need to put a kerb. latte, maybe you will have to inform your ID about it when doing your floor tiling. The contractor who did my cement screeding also never inform us when he will be doing it then the next thing we knew the cement screeding already done.

AccessoriesArrive01.jpg

PJ delivered all the sanitary and kitchen stuffs yesterday.

AccessoriesArrive02.jpg

we had to sort them up so that they can start installing all the stuffs tmr.

BalconyTilesUp.jpg

tiling done for balcony, the last part in the house.

DoorFrameUp.jpg

both my door frames are up.

we also went to do our lights shopping yesterday, bought 13 pieces of lights and a wireless door bell from chelsea. we got 5 milo tin lights in different sizes for our kitchen, toilets and svc balcony, 1 hamburger light for HHS, 4 ceiling lights for all the rooms, 1 hanging dining light, 1 hanging balcony light and a floor lamp. they got a wider range of lights and the uncle attended to us is nice, had tried to accomodate to our requests. :dancingqueen:

next to get is paints for our house. any comments about using nippon, ICI or jotun?

hi ladies,

the tiling works in my house was completed. my ID managed to tile it higher so that the gap at the door is not wide so no need to put a kerb. latte, maybe you will have to inform your ID about it when doing your floor tiling. The contractor who did my cement screeding also never inform us when he will be doing it then the next thing we knew the cement screeding already done.

AccessoriesArrive01.jpg

PJ delivered all the sanitary and kitchen stuffs yesterday.

AccessoriesArrive02.jpg

we had to sort them up so that they can start installing all the stuffs tmr.

BalconyTilesUp.jpg

tiling done for balcony, the last part in the house.

DoorFrameUp.jpg

both my door frames are up.

we also went to do our lights shopping yesterday, bought 13 pieces of lights and a wireless door bell from chelsea. we got 5 milo tin lights in different sizes for our kitchen, toilets and svc balcony, 1 hamburger light for HHS, 4 ceiling lights for all the rooms, 1 hanging dining light, 1 hanging balcony light and a floor lamp. they got a wider range of lights and the uncle attended to us is nice, had tried to accomodate to our requests. :bath:

next to get is paints for our house. any comments about using nippon, ICI or jotun?

Hi Jessi,

gd for u... :dancingqueen: managed to get all the lights from chelsea??? got big discount??? :yamseng:

And hello all ladies,

we went to our hse yesterday. kitchen's wall half completed. not nice... square tiles i dun like... :bangwall:

toilets' walls all done, except floors... think they will start today.

Bf and me think that they are taking their own sweet time to do stuff...

hopefully they can quickly rectified. notice that, when they hack, my wall ard the toilet there also got hacked a bit leh... next time sure have crack one... :(

so far, only find common toilet nice... bedroom still ok lah...

got my quotation... lucky leh... excluding electricial, $27K.... so i can still decide if i wan a feature wall to cover my HHS. :notti:

Jessi, u repositioned the entrance of BR3? Noticed its at the end of the corridor. Like that more spacious hor? :notti: Smart!!

did FSM say anything abt having a door entrance at the end of the corridor? Need to do anything to avert the unfavourable FS of this arrangement (if any)?

Hi Allo

I agree tt the new contractor is unfriendly. His workers were nicer than him! Even ah soon's asst spent qt some time to help us check the screeding and talked to the workers b4 the new contractor arrive. I'm just glad tt my tiles were rectified by ah soon. Hope i dun hv to deal w this contractor again!

Hi Jessi,

gd for u... :bath: managed to get all the lights from chelsea??? got big discount??? :bangwall:

And hello all ladies,

we went to our hse yesterday. kitchen's wall half completed. not nice... square tiles i dun like... :dancingqueen:

hopefully they can quickly rectified. notice that, when they hack, my wall ard the toilet there also got hacked a bit leh... next time sure have crack one... :(

got my quotation... lucky leh... excluding electricial, $27K.... so i can still decide if i wan a feature wall to cover my HHS. :yamseng:

koikoi, dun fret over the kitchen tiles since most of it will b covered by cabinets & appliances :( R u able to ask the contractor to patch up what they "overhacked"?

good for u to keep ur reno cost below $30K!! i'm still confirming quotes and chopping my wish list.

feature wall for HHS like not cheap, more than $2K. But i heard to do veneer or paint job is cheaper than laminate, so i'm considering those options :)

Jessi, u repositioned the entrance of BR3? Noticed its at the end of the corridor. Like that more spacious hor? :~ Smart!!

did FSM say anything abt having a door entrance at the end of the corridor? Need to do anything to avert the unfavourable FS of this arrangement (if any)?

Hi Allo

I agree tt the new contractor is unfriendly. His workers were nicer than him! Even ah soon's asst spent qt some time to help us check the screeding and talked to the workers b4 the new contractor arrive. I'm just glad tt my tiles were rectified by ah soon. Hope i dun hv to deal w this contractor again!

koikoi, dun fret over the kitchen tiles since most of it will b covered by cabinets & appliances :~ R u able to ask the contractor to patch up what they "overhacked"?

good for u to keep ur reno cost below $30K!! i'm still confirming quotes and chopping my wish list.

feature wall for HHS like not cheap, more than $2K. But i heard to do veneer or paint job is cheaper than laminate, so i'm considering those options :P

ya i know HHS not cheap.

veneer i tot more ex???

i ald told my relative that i dun want one that will leave finger print....

hehehehe....

and good news....

I got new WC.... can change colour... hahahaha

I'm taking white colour... bf is over there now choosing my vanity top colour... 8|

Hi Jessi,

gd for u... 8| managed to get all the lights from chelsea??? got big discount??? :~

And hello all ladies,

we went to our hse yesterday. kitchen's wall half completed. not nice... square tiles i dun like... :~

got my quotation... lucky leh... excluding electricial, $27K.... so i can still decide if i wan a feature wall to cover my HHS. :P

yup i got all my lights frm chelsea, total is slightly abv 1K. :D went to Pan***h, some similar items there are more expensive.

my wall around the kitchen entrance also kanna hacked abit when they do the kitchen tiling, now the wall there abit uneven. dunno if can make it even or not, else also look ugly.

oh not bad ah.. if now is 27K, plus abit here and there should be still less than 30K ba. :P

Jessi, u repositioned the entrance of BR3? Noticed its at the end of the corridor. Like that more spacious hor? :P Smart!!

Hi Allo

koikoi, dun fret over the kitchen tiles since most of it will b covered by cabinets & appliances :P R u able to ask the contractor to patch up what they "overhacked"?

feature wall for HHS like not cheap, more than $2K. But i heard to do veneer or paint job is cheaper than laminate, so i'm considering those options :)

hehehe.. ya i reposition the entrance of BR3 so that the room will have more space (make it more square) :P ermm.. i never see FS for my house. i think FS dun encourage door facing corridor ba.. not sure leh..

Edited by jessi

koikoi, veneer laminates is more expensive than normal laminates but CHEMICAL veneer is not. as for ur 'overhacked' wall, u can ask few more tiles to standby just in case u need to replace them in future. or ur ID can do u the favour to change that few pcs. for ur HHS, its ok to take glossy laminates as chances of touching that area is not as regular.

latte, hard time dealing with the h*b contractors right?? esp those new sub-con... their plumber messed up a simple task last week.

there is always cheaper method to conceal the HHS wall. ours is a super long one sia... 10ft long right?? mine will be a feature wall there with a shallow display glass shelf, linking to shoe cabinet then the sette. it looks good but of cos its expensive too. y cant our HHS face the kitchen!?8|? stupid h*b designer...

jessi, it will be my turn to go lightings search in the next 2 weeks! ur BR3 will be facing the kitchen entrance then... hmmmh, i oso doubt its allowed for FS.

yup i got all my lights frm chelsea, total is slightly abv 1K. :( went to Pan***h, some similar items there are more expensive.

my wall around the kitchen entrance also kanna hacked abit when they do the kitchen tiling, now the wall there abit uneven. dunno if can make it even or not, else also look ugly.

oh not bad ah.. if now is 27K, plus abit here and there should be still less than 30K ba. :notti:

hehehe.. ya i reposition the entrance of BR3 so that the room will have more space (make it more square) :P ermm.. i never see FS for my house. i think FS dun encourage door facing corridor ba.. not sure leh..

so many lights for abv 1k??

got huge discount huh...

so confirmed liao lah...

go chelsea... hehehehhe

next week meeting my relative to talk abt electrical point since now I have to do false ceiling...

hehehee.... :(

koikoi, veneer laminates is more expensive than normal laminates but CHEMICAL veneer is not. as for ur 'overhacked' wall, u can ask few more tiles to standby just in case u need to replace them in future. or ur ID can do u the favour to change that few pcs. for ur HHS, its ok to take glossy laminates as chances of touching that area is not as regular.

latte, hard time dealing with the h*b contractors right?? esp those new sub-con... their plumber messed up a simple task last week.

there is always cheaper method to conceal the HHS wall. ours is a super long one sia... 10ft long right?? mine will be a feature wall there with a shallow display glass shelf, linking to shoe cabinet then the sette. it looks good but of cos its expensive too. y cant our HHS face the kitchen!?:sport-smiley-003:? stupid h*b designer...

jessi, it will be my turn to go lightings search in the next 2 weeks! ur BR3 will be facing the kitchen entrance then... hmmmh, i oso doubt its allowed for FS.

wah allo,

u very knowledgeable...

i know nothing abt it...

will need to talk to relative first.

first of all, will talk to my bf tonight...

need to consider the number of lights too... :)

got huge discount huh...

so confirmed liao lah...

go chelsea... hehehehhe

next week meeting my relative to talk abt electrical point since now I have to do false ceiling...

hehehee.... :sport-smiley-003:

wah allo,

u very knowledgeable...

i know nothing abt it...

need to consider the number of lights too... :(

koikoi, im just sharing what i noe only. :( have u chose ur floor tiles?

jessi, when do u need to install those toilets acessories? towards the end of the reno?

got huge discount huh...

so confirmed liao lah...

go chelsea... hehehehhe

hehehee.... :sport-smiley-003:

wah allo,

u very knowledgeable...

i know nothing abt it...

need to consider the number of lights too... :(

hehe.. ya u can go there see lor.. their shop bigger so got more selection there as compare to the other shops along the stretch. that day i choose lights till headache, not because cannot decide which to choose but see so many lights all lighted up then giddy already :(

koikoi, im just sharing what i noe only. :notti: have u chose ur floor tiles?

jessi, when do u need to install those toilets acessories? towards the end of the reno?

they will be installing the toiletbowl, basin and showerscreen today and tmr, so the other accessories should also be installed at the same time. have you bought your toilet accessories?