Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jessi

Our Home In The West

finally signed the contract with my ID, reno loan approved, cement screeding done. ID told us that target to start reno on the 21st. i'm starting to feel the excitment already.. heh.. :sport-smiley-004:

but also quite sad that we have to take out so many "decorative purpose" things from the reno due to budget.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
finally signed the contract with my ID, reno loan approved, cement screeding done. ID told us that target to start reno on the 21st. i'm starting to feel the excitment already.. heh.. :dancingqueen:

but also quite sad that we have to take out so many "decorative purpose" things from the reno due to budget.

good good must post many nice nice pics here for us to admire leh... hehe

yup sunboi, will post pics here :deal:

my dad will be helping me to do painting and electrical works for me. does anyone know at which point of time during the renovations to start on the painting or electrical wiring?

yup sunboi, will post pics here :D

my dad will be helping me to do painting and electrical works for me. does anyone know at which point of time during the renovations to start on the painting or electrical wiring?

Hi jessi, long time nvr hear from you. Your dad is so nice to do painting for u. Regarding when to do pain work, u better check with your ID so that they can plan lighter reno work to do on the few days that your dad is doing the painting.

Your reno starting on 21st? Chosen all material, lightings and accessories already?

Hi jessi, long time nvr hear from you. Your dad is so nice to do painting for u. Regarding when to do pain work, u better check with your ID so that they can plan lighter reno work to do on the few days that your dad is doing the painting.

Your reno starting on 21st? Chosen all material, lightings and accessories already?

wow.. that so wonderful of your dad!:D

Yea better to check with ID so that he can co-ordinate for ya. Usually painting comes in after wetworks.. electrical almost the last unless u have false ceilings and stuff.. or u need it to be incorporated in your carpentry or something..

Hi Allo! hehe.. my dad is trying to help us to save money :yamseng: ya will check with my ID when to do the painting and wiring.

ID told us that the target start date is 21st, but we havent choose our materials yet. don't know if can still make it to start on that date or not.

wow.. that so wonderful of your dad!:lol:

Yea better to check with ID so that he can co-ordinate for ya. Usually painting comes in after wetworks.. electrical almost the last unless u have false ceilings and stuff.. or u need it to be incorporated in your carpentry or something..

yah.. we will be having false ceilings, so really have to co-ordinate with the ID about the wiring and stuffs like that. :P

Hi Allo! hehe.. my dad is trying to help us to save money :P ya will check with my ID when to do the painting and wiring.

ID told us that the target start date is 21st, but we havent choose our materials yet. don't know if can still make it to start on that date or not.

yah.. we will be having false ceilings, so really have to co-ordinate with the ID about the wiring and stuffs like that. :P

Err... for my case, there will be a drawing on the layout of the wire of where u wan ur lights to be up and some extra power pts added or scv pts etc. This will help ur dad and ID to coordinate with each other, once decide the no. of lighting pts, the wiring shld lay first b4 the false ceiling up and check with ur hubby, does he need to install HTS, this shld also consider into the factors.

Hope my advise is useful (Too lor soh) :lol: . Happy Reno. :yamseng:

Err... for my case, there will be a drawing on the layout of the wire of where u wan ur lights to be up and some extra power pts added or scv pts etc. This will help ur dad and ID to coordinate with each other, once decide the no. of lighting pts, the wiring shld lay first b4 the false ceiling up and check with ur hubby, does he need to install HTS, this shld also consider into the factors.

Hope my advise is useful (Too lor soh) :D . Happy Reno. :sport-smiley-004:

cantona, thanks for the info!! we had seen the layout that my ID had planned for the lightings. ya there are still quite a number of things to take into consideration.. :D

we are deciding between these 2 lcd tv, any good/bad comments about either one??

17499400.jpg

KLV-40S200A

BRAVIA S-Series LCD TV

HD Ready

1366 x 768 WXGA resolution

BRAVIA Engine; Full Digital Image Processor

1300:1 Contrast Ratio

8ms Response Time

Wide Viewing Angle 178

Brightness 500cd/m2

Picture Mode (Vivid / Standard / Zoom)

Power Saving Mode

Light Sensor

Clock Function

On/Sleep Function

main_la_40r71.jpg

LA40R71B

1) 40" LCD TV

2) 16:9 Aspect Ratio

3) 500 cd/m2 Brightness

4) 5000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio

5) Wide Viewing Angle 178o/178o

6) 10-Bit Signal Processing

7) Digital Natural Image engine, DNIETM

we are deciding between these 2 lcd tv, any good/bad comments about either one??

17499400.jpg

KLV-40S200A

BRAVIA S-Series LCD TV

HD Ready

1366 x 768 WXGA resolution

BRAVIA Engine; Full Digital Image Processor

1300:1 Contrast Ratio

8ms Response Time

Wide Viewing Angle 178

Brightness 500cd/m2

Picture Mode (Vivid / Standard / Zoom)

Power Saving Mode

Light Sensor

Clock Function

On/Sleep Function

main_la_40r71.jpg

LA40R71B

1) 40" LCD TV

2) 16:9 Aspect Ratio

3) 500 cd/m2 Brightness

4) 5000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio

5) Wide Viewing Angle 178o/178o

6) 10-Bit Signal Processing

7) Digital Natural Image engine, DNIETM

Sorry har i kapo abit, although I bought Plasma for my hse but looking at the forum most of them bought Samsung LCD. :D

Do u knw the price for both LCD? :bow: Cos nt wrong Sony might be slightly more ex than Samsung.

Do consider hw many HDMI input each have (2 will be better).

Most Impt go down personally, and look at the model urself cos our opinion may nt suit ur eye.

Who knw end up u buy other model. :paint:

well, it is true. i went to see alot of models at the IT show tat day. quite tempted to buy the akira one. but sunboi say his friend say cmi lor. initially we wanted to get samsung. cos rather gd. but price wise is abit too high for us. well. to me, as long can watch can liao. i can even watch a CRT but sunboi wanted a LCD...hmmmmm.....

then we settle for a 1499 32" Sharp Aqous one tat day.

FYI. i noe nuts about LCD ha...juz see pic nice can liao...

Sorry har i kapo abit, although I bought Plasma for my hse but looking at the forum most of them bought Samsung LCD. :notti:

Do u knw the price for both LCD? :yamseng: Cos nt wrong Sony might be slightly more ex than Samsung.

Do consider hw many HDMI input each have (2 will be better).

Most Impt go down personally, and look at the model urself cos our opinion may nt suit ur eye.

Who knw end up u buy other model. :dunno:

we only check the price for 40" sony is $3399 and 37" samsung is $3188. yeah, we saw alot of people got samsung tv and initially we also want to get a samsung but during the IT show we saw this sony one also not bad. so now quite undecisive. heh.. hmm.. regarding HDMI input not to sure leh.. never ask about it.

well, it is true. i went to see alot of models at the IT show tat day. quite tempted to buy the akira one. but sunboi say his friend say cmi lor. initially we wanted to get samsung. cos rather gd. but price wise is abit too high for us. well. to me, as long can watch can liao. i can even watch a CRT but sunboi wanted a LCD...hmmmmm.....

then we settle for a 1499 32" Sharp Aqous one tat day.

FYI. i noe nuts about LCD ha...juz see pic nice can liao...

oh.. we went the IT show too but never really get to see the different brands of tv there except sony. is the pricing is cheaper during the IT show as compared to electronic stores? i also know nothing about LCD.. :notti:

we only check the price for 40" sony is $3399 and 37" samsung is $3188. yeah, we saw alot of people got samsung tv and initially we also want to get a samsung but during the IT show we saw this sony one also not bad. so now quite undecisive. heh.. hmm.. regarding HDMI input not to sure leh.. never ask about it.

oh.. we went the IT show too but never really get to see the different brands of tv there except sony. is the pricing is cheaper during the IT show as compared to electronic stores? i also know nothing about LCD.. :yamseng:

Fyi these two LCD are HD Ready, I believe they will have HDMI input but it will be better if they have 2. (Optional it jus for ur HD Setup Box in future only.) :notti:

Seem u already miss the IT show no pts thinking back, but sometime electronic stories may offer lower.

By the way when are u moving in? Electronic stuff keep dropping every month see wheather u can tahan wait. :dunno:

Fyi these two LCD are HD Ready, I believe they will have HDMI input but it will be better if they have 2. (Optional it jus for ur HD Setup Box in future only.) 8|

Seem u already miss the IT show no pts thinking back, but sometime electronic stories may offer lower.

By the way when are u moving in? Electronic stuff keep dropping every month see wheather u can tahan wait. :notti:

hahaha!! ya true.. no point thinking about IT show pricing since it was over. we planning to move in by mid-May, so now need to start looking out. there are still so many stuffs to check out. so headache..

hahaha!! ya true.. no point thinking about IT show pricing since it was over. we planning to move in by mid-May, so now need to start looking out. there are still so many stuffs to check out. so headache..

But u can use the IT price as guideline, u wont be surprise some shop offer lower than IT show, but less freebee. 8|

Try Hong Tai Electronic (Jalan Bukit Merah) or Kong Tai (JW) but they do nt offer installment. :notti: