Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jessi

Our Home In The West

u know some food packing, inside there is an absorber?

u dun throw that away...put it in the tool box, to absorb the moisture lor...

then ur screw drivers wont rust... :( of cos u can put charcoal first and try the effect.

try daiso for the absorber too.. maybe it helps. :)

ID told me the hinge of the cabinets u put LPG will be the 1st one to rust or change color. Thats bcos of the LPG gas enviroment in the cabinet.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
u know some food packing, inside there is an absorber?

u dun throw that away...put it in the tool box, to absorb the moisture lor...

then ur screw drivers wont rust... :( of cos u can put charcoal first and try the effect.

try daiso for the absorber too.. maybe it helps. :)

Thanks thanks... but i tried ... they doesn't able to handle it ..

1) I put charcoal on top a small stove(traditional type) and Hippo from HomeFix shop

2) next day the reusable Hippo turn color already ..

Will try out the absorber/container.

ID told me the hinge of the cabinets u put LPG will be the 1st one to rust or change color. Thats bcos of the LPG gas enviroment in the cabinet.

sorry. . wat is LPG ?

Thanks thanks... but i tried ... they doesn't able to handle it ..

1) I put charcoal on top a small stove(traditional type) and Hippo from HomeFix shop

2) next day the reusable Hippo turn color already ..

Will try out the absorber/container.

sorry. . wat is LPG ?

LPG = liquefied petroleum gas

the cylinder gas :(

Are u using LPG?

oh i din know LPG gas will cos such corrosion.

Wah your Id very good leh... share everything with you. :(:)

oh i din know LPG gas will cos such corrosion.

Wah your Id very good leh... share everything with you. :(:)

:sport-smiley-004: Yes, he is nice. No major complain about him.

Dunno does that means corrode, its more of change color... to dark tone.

Or maybe he wanto inform us in advance so as to avoid misunderstandings in future... that we blame and curse him when those hinges start to darkened in color. He said he will give me spare hinges if I wish to keep a few in stock.

LPG = liquefied petroleum gas

the cylinder gas :(

Are u using LPG?

yes.. but just a small bottle and some more is not near to the drawer that had corrison

yes.. but just a small bottle and some more is not near to the drawer that had corrison

Then perhaps it has only weather to blame?

Btw, I think applying a thin layer of oil to those metal hinges will help to prevent corrosion too? Baby oil can do the trick le... better dun put cooking oil... kitchen is hazard area.

Then perhaps it has only weather to blame?

Btw, I think applying a thin layer of oil to those metal hinges will help to prevent corrosion too? Baby oil can do the trick le... better dun put cooking oil... kitchen is hazard area.

after asking the ID to repalce the metal hinges ... my wife scare scare and apply a layer of machine oil already ..

those machine oil that use to apply on weapon... confirm can use ..

:( Yes, he is nice. No major complain about him.

Dunno does that means corrode, its more of change color... to dark tone.

Or maybe he wanto inform us in advance so as to avoid misunderstandings in future... that we blame and curse him when those hinges start to darkened in color. He said he will give me spare hinges if I wish to keep a few in stock.

he really nice. still offers...

u dun intend to use city gas??

u will be using cylinder one ah?

saw ur siggy, ur reno will complete by end of this mth...

gd gd huh... so one mth of cleaning and by Jul can shift liao lor... :)

after asking the ID to repalce the metal hinges ... my wife scare scare and apply a layer of machine oil already ..

those machine oil that use to apply on weapon... confirm can use ..

Oh, thats great. The hinges are already 'protected'

So far, has the problem came back again?

Oh, thats great. The hinges are already 'protected'

So far, has the problem came back again?

nope, it cannot come back but... the drawer that had rusty spanner / screwdriver is next to it ....

he really nice. still offers...

u dun intend to use city gas??

u will be using cylinder one ah?

saw ur siggy, ur reno will complete by end of this mth...

gd gd huh... so one mth of cleaning and by Jul can shift liao lor... :(

We feel its a 'extra-mile' service. Somemore the hinges we using is Blum hinges. Hinges are cheap, not the whole Blum system lah... I guess I will jus ask for extra 2 pcs to keep. Won't bear to chop him for too many hinges. kekez..

Will be using LPG, i feel its cheaper. Or rather we still old fashion, din use city gas so din wanna try?! haha... Im using LPG, and ID will install pull out tray to make the removal/changing of cylinders easier.

Ya, we are ahead of schedule, but its not a rush job. Can slowly check defects and rectify... since we can only move by July.

Edited by Allo

U can get more information here: http://www.blum.com/sg/en/01/index.php

They have many systems.

Latte, have u sign up with Contractor?

Jessi, congrats to ur completion of renovation (soon!) :)

thanks.. finally it's completing. :)

your reno also progressing very fast ya.. tats good!

Hmm my blum definition is, even if u slam the drawer close, it will slow down at the last few mm and close slowly and quietly. Thus blum = silent. Very good.

But i didn't know its sooo ex. My ex colleague was telling me blum hinge $3+ each only leh... and tho each cabinet door got 2 hinges, just fix 1 blum hinge is good enuf for the effect. Isit cos of markup by ID or wrong info from her??

oh.. i didn't know blum hinges so cheap?

but too late for me to change already.. :P

We feel its a 'extra-mile' service. Somemore the hinges we using is Blum hinges. Hinges are cheap, not the whole Blum system lah... I guess I will jus ask for extra 2 pcs to keep. Won't bear to chop him for too many hinges. kekez..

Will be using LPG, i feel its cheaper. Or rather we still old fashion, din use city gas so din wanna try?! haha... Im using LPG, and ID will install pull out tray to make the removal/changing of cylinders easier.

Ya, we are ahead of schedule, but its not a rush job. Can slowly check defects and rectify... since we can only move by July.

but will using LPG gas more troublesome? like have to keep extra cylinder else cook halfway then run out of gas :P i very paranoid about using cylinder gas.. hehehe..

thanks.. finally it's completing. :)

your reno also progressing very fast ya.. tats good!

oh.. i didn't know blum hinges so cheap?

but too late for me to change already.. :P

but will using LPG gas more troublesome? like have to keep extra cylinder else cook halfway then run out of gas :P i very paranoid about using cylinder gas.. hehehe..

Thanks jessi.

I think LPG is more troublesome and take up space, but its cheaper. As this moment, I won't have 2 cylinders. I wil only have 1 small one... think 1 cylinders can last me very very long le! :)

Thanks jessi.

I think LPG is more troublesome and take up space, but its cheaper. As this moment, I won't have 2 cylinders. I wil only have 1 small one... think 1 cylinders can last me very very long le! :bangwall:

good can slowly check and rectify...

I'm like Jessi. Paranoid on using cylinder.

Been using citygas for the past 13 yrs and like it...

wont have to worry abt cooking halfway then wait for the man to come.

hehehehe....

u seldom cook then ok lor... :P

i like to cook so think citygas more convenient for me... :(