Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Homeowner

Rubbish Chute

Pmed you. Admin says there'll be a local bulk purchase section soon... maybe we can organise something there.

hi all, just happen to saw this old post and sorry to dig it up again

have spoken to the boss himself, the discount thingy still stand for renotalk member here.

for more enquiry, you can contact us at 6278-3552

or email at enquiry@maxden.com.sg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
HDB flats' fire insurance doesn't require the chute hoppers to be fire-rated. But a definite must for private property.

I'm using Riben for both my EM and Windermere. Initially I had problems with the one at Windermere, so I called up Andy/Randy of Riben, he arranged someone to replaced a new one for me FOC.

There are a few grades of Riben chute hoppers, from $80 - $200 w/o installation.

Mace,

If you stay on 2nd floor, I strong advise you to go for something like what Maxden does.

I am a user of Maxden, and I honestly do not advise it, unless you can afford the every six months $90 per session maintenance fee, then I'd recommend it.

Maxden requires heavy maintainence, as there is a design flaw where truckloads of dead cockroaches and dirt accumulate and get stuck on the below part of it, which will block your door from closing. This is when it stops being air tight when the door cannot be closed.

Within the 3 yrs warranty, the chute works as it promised. Completely air tight, no smell, no cockroaches. All my problems with it, and it's constant cleaning and maintainence came after the 3 yr warranty was up. And take note that cockroaches being stuck in your chute which prevent your chute from closing is not covered under the warranty, as it is considered to due to owner's negligence of not cleaning the chute often enough. And also take note that you can't spray insecticide on it OR the whole magnetic strip will drop off, and then your chute will be unable to close again.

I am terrified of roaches and I do not think I can carry on affording their maintenence fees. Am seriously considering riben. They seem to have guarantee on air tightness and cockroach proof as well.

So I'm quite surprise to hear that it's not cockroach proof. Then why did you choose Riben instead of Maxden?

Edited by sarah555

mine is stainless steel rubbish chute which costs me $180.

after two years, the rubbish chute cannot close probably cos no lock to it.

i called the company but already no more.

i have to use one metal rod to push tight the chute or crawling insects would love to drop by.

Hi. I managed to get some useful info from this forum. Spoken to Ricky from riben contractor. He is frank and friendly. The cost quoted to me is quite reasonable. So, I trust his word and try my luck to engage him 3 days later. Hope he deliver what he promise......looking forward to give fair comment after couple of months later. Cheers

29.apr 12

Installed the riben chute. May not be very thick material, but, should serve the purposes well. Hope it will help to seal the smell, smokes, cockroaches, ants, etc.....The installer reach on time and did good workmanship. I took his advice to place some pesticides stick around the bin at additional charge. Total cost less than $300.Now, I have to see how long it will last. Ha ha

Edited by Virteye

Hi can anybody testify if Riben a good choice?

We're moving and I have been insisting on getting the rubbish chute in our new home replaced.

Because I can see that it's the same kind as our current one. Which lets cockroaches and fumigation smoke come in.

My contractor hasn't given me any choices yet despite my asking a few times, so I'm researching myself.

After searching online I realized that Riben is a common brand, and seems to be considered good.

I'm both confused and appalled that there doesn't seem to be many choices, and the supposedly good choice is what we are using.

Or does Riben have poor quality ones that let roaches get in, as well as good quality ones that don't?

On 10/23/2008 at 3:05 PM, sarah555 said:

I am a user of Maxden, and I honestly do not advise it, unless you can afford the every six months $90 per session maintenance fee, then I'd recommend it.  Maxden requires heavy maintainence, as there is a design flaw where truckloads of dead cockroaches and dirt accumulate and get stuck on the below part of it, which will block your door from closing. This is when it stops being air tight when the door cannot be closed.

Dear sarah555 -

This seems seems like a strange post to me.  I got a MAXDEN Cockroach Proof Hopper during my remodel.  Since then, the seal has been perfect.  This is quite an old post, but I was very surprised to find it online after I made a referral to a friend who sent me this article, telling me they were having second thoughts because your words contradicted my recommendation. 

MAXDEN offers a premium product and is the only patented rubbish chute hopper in Singapore that seals out cockroaches during fumigation.  Most premium products require maintenance -  don't BMWs and Apple computers need regular maintenance to perform at their best? 

Meanwhile, MAXDEN offers an Unlimited Cleaning & Maintenance Package of $99 per year.  Was this fee too costly for you?  Honestly, I just clean it every month or two myself and the magnetic gasket never accumulates enough debris.  I bet after 3 years of not cleaning or maintaining it, your seal did get clogged up though.

Which rubbish chute did you switch to, since you're so unsatisfied?