Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Wei Yan!

I had ended up selling the chef paintings as they didn't quite fit my kitchen interior. I have ordered more paintings of the fruits & vege as they look more attractive in my kitchen :D

Anw, here's the link for the paintings - http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=21992919286&sku_properties=34375:95890612;10142888:21968

Also....

Link for drawer-drop handles - http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=35159041248

Link for rose knobs - http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=21094731343

Actually, scandi and country are a good mix! Both themes have a good amount of wood and earthy tones, and if you do them right, it will be very cosy (less all the fabric and floral accessories for the clean scandi look)! Maybe slightly towards Zakka? Geez...I'm definitely looking forward to see your t-blog, if you are creating one. Would love to see how your scandi country will look like!

:seeya:

Hi CountryGlow,

I love your pictures for the kitchen! Can share the TB links to the chefs pictures?

I would also like the TB links for your handles (white) and knobs (eyeing white too)

I saw them in Ikea but they are selling $5.90 for a set of 2 knobs (not as nice as yours) so I am hoping to get nice ones from TB for less.

Overall, I like country but it's a big NO -NO from hubs :( So, going scandi cum country (hehehehe)

Regards,

Weiyan

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi there!

Have PM-ed you my contractor's details!

freeder - Cool! Victorian concept is also another challenging theme and not easily come by. Hope you a good ID/contractor to make your Victorian dream come true :good:

Hi CG,

Thank you for the contact.

Really Appreciated your kind advice.

Will update u if things go through.

Thanks.

B.R.

Mike

Hi, really like your design. Wish I could redo my whole house. I'm currently redoing my kitchen and happened to used the Fujioh slm 900 hood too. Possible to share how you have designed the cabinet above the hood? Where did you place the opening for the hood vent? Thanks much.

Hi, really like your design. Wish I could redo my whole house. I'm currently redoing my kitchen and happened to used the Fujioh slm 900 hood too. Possible to share how you have designed the cabinet above the hood? Where did you place the opening for the hood vent? Thanks much.

Hope you don't mind that I jump in.

The slim hood don't need a vent above the cabinet. The front portion of the hood will extend out of the cabinet and the vents are located above the jut out portion.

You will need to have a funnel designed inside the cabinet above the hood if you are using a telescopic hood.

The slim hood don't need a vent above the cabinet. The front portion of the hood will extend out of the cabinet and the vents are located above the jut out portion.

You will need to have a funnel designed inside the cabinet above the hood if you are using a telescopic hood.

Not at all. Thanks for replying. Now I understand the installation diagram :)

Thanks for replying on my behalf, Khng!

Think you have done a better explanation than I would :thumbs up:

Not at all. Thanks for replying. Now I understand the installation diagram :)

Hi Wei Yan!

I had ended up selling the chef paintings as they didn't quite fit my kitchen interior. I have ordered more paintings of the fruits & vege as they look more attractive in my kitchen :D

Anw, here's the link for the paintings - http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=21992919286&sku_properties=34375:95890612;10142888:21968

Also....

Link for drawer-drop handles - http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=35159041248

Link for rose knobs - http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=21094731343

Actually, scandi and country are a good mix! Both themes have a good amount of wood and earthy tones, and if you do them right, it will be very cosy (less all the fabric and floral accessories for the clean scandi look)! Maybe slightly towards Zakka? Geez...I'm definitely looking forward to see your t-blog, if you are creating one. Would love to see how your scandi country will look like!

:seeya:

Hi CountryGlow,

Thank you so much for the links. Yep, Zakka style is quite close to what I am looking for.

Not sure if I am starting a T-Blog. I did think about it as I wish to return the help I received in RT.

We shall see!

Weiyan

Our Maison De Style Champêtre ~ Featuring those of a "T" and a "B"

ELLOoooo! :dancingqueen: It's been another month since you last heard from us and I am back with more updates on the progress of our Maison :wub:

The last month has flown by so quickly with every weekend burnt to clean, unpack and pack. But the jaded, fatigue and sacrifices are all so so worth it! Till now, my eyes will lit up whenever the weekend arrives for us to head to our cosy love-nest which was self-designed with lotsa hard work and LOVE! My mood always gets better at our new home! So much so that I've stopped going for my regular manicure because my pretty-do-up nails will be ruined by all the cleaning and intensive packing involved. ;) Oh well, this is just temporary :P Placing our new house as priority and seeing what we are putting together is definitely worth the sacrifice :dancingqueen:

Our Maison is still unoccupied during the weekdays as we want to complete all packing (and I really mean ALL packing) before the official move (aka the BIG Move). The common questions we have been receiving from our families and friends these days are - "When are you shifting?" "When can we come?" "I'm dying to see your house! When When When???" Hehe...to us, or rather to me, there is NO rush as I don't fancy living in a house of mess and rampaging through boxes for my stuff. :D Hence, we are trying our VERY BEST to pack as much as we can every weekend now so we can give a final YES to those who kept bombing us with the above questions. Our plan is to shift in by August. Hopefully. So. :lol:

Geez...before we can clear all our messy stuff, we had a whole lot of new items which arrived last week...YES! My 2nd shipment of Taobao loots! This time round, I got 19 parcels weighing 110kg - all 80 items in those parcels :sport-smiley-004: We had a 'shiok' time un-boxing those parcels and in the next few posts, I shall share some of the items that I bought which are the Essentials for a country home :lol:

First up, here are our 19 parcels which had arrived from Peeka! Although there is extra agent fees incurred, we are very satisfied with their services and absolutely comfortable with the convenience Peeka provides that enhances our shopping experience on a foreign website. We are also really impressed with how Peeka bubble-wraps and packs our items (check out the 2nd picture) as all our fragile items reached us intact and in perfect condition. Additionally, as Peeka provides the extra service to check our items for us before shipping them to Singapore, we have no issues of receiving our items in the wrong design, colour or size. And the list goes on...all in all, Peeka is worth the extra agent fees! :thumbs up:

:jammin:

20150707_110520_zpshkjujvdu.jpg

20150707_115331_zpsyljyoclp.jpg

Every item is bubble-wrapped in these good quality wraps. So much so that we have recycled some of these bubble-wraps to keep our breakable stuff in the household shelter :P

:dancingqueen: :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen:

Since we are on the topic of breakable items, let me introduce the 'new "T" & "B" members' who have joined our kitchen recently! They are none other than those pretty kitchen accessories which I always wanted!

A 3-tier dessert / high tea stand adorned with intricate patterns on the porcelain or ceramic plates...Coupled with a set of Tiffany & Co-inspired cups! An afternoon tea made perfect! :wub:

20150712_112348_zpsjj4kwiln.jpg

20150712_112135_zpsixmkqtji.jpg

A peek into our kitchen cabinet, and you will see new dining plates and bowls! Same series as my 3-tier dessert stand, these pieces make me go awwww....so dainty..... :wub:

20150717_105505_zpsxzybppad.jpg

Check out their intricate designs :lol: A must-have in our country kitchen and Maison!

2015-07-17%2023.22.52_zpsofw7le32.jpg

Edited by CountryGlow

Our Maison De Style Champêtre ~ Featuring those of a "T" and a "B" in our KITCHEN!

20150712_114422_zpsid8xf7t1.jpg

20150712_124221_zpsqe3wyngm.jpg

20150712_111911_zps85uktev1.jpg

20150712_124441_zpsrcbn6yjm.jpg

Like what you are seeing above? :lol: These are the perfect accessories and decorative items deemed for our kitchen! (Lots of effort invested to search for them too :rolleyes: *phew* ) And since we have not shifted into our Maison yet, our kitchen is still WIP which we will complete it by throwing in all the other cooking/kitchen appliances. For now, these new "T" & "B" items will take their warm seats here in our kitchen first :yamseng:

Can't help it but to highlight on our kitchen clock. Fell totally in love with it when I saw it online and I told the Hubbz, WE GOT TO GET IT! ! ! Suits the entire kitchen theme to the "T" right? :)

20150712_120136_zpsnx0xybhc.jpg

Our Maison De Style Champêtre ~ Featuring those of a "T" and a "B" in our KITCHEN! (Cont')

One of the best things I have purchased for our country kitchen, and I am going to dedicate this post just for it...

It's none other than my yellow BREAD tin to keep my favourite stable everyday! :dancingqueen:

20150717_110046_zpsdmmdbf4u.jpg

(Captured from true image below)

20150717_110027_zpsgcqpkv8j.jpg

Saw one of such similar bread tins at the Jamie Oliver section at Robinsons. I'm SOOOO thrilled to get one for my kitchen counter too! Yeah! Easy and convenient bread storage in such an old-fashioned case :dancingqueen: Who says eating bread is miserable? I would hug this tin of bread to stay happy and full all day long!

Oh ya! Did I mention that the colour of my favourite BREAD tin complements our service yard that is painted yellow too? :jammin:

And and and...my Bread-maker is on its way where I can bake my own bread and of course again, the BREAD tin will be of awesome use!

How not to love it? :wub: :wub:

20150712_121647_zps5mkscs09.jpg

20150712_121701_zpskm5sqcp7.jpg

Edited by CountryGlow

Our Maison De Style Champêtre ~ Featuring those of a "T" and a "B" in our KITCHEN! (Cont')

For the last few "T" & "B" items which I'm featuring in our kitchen.... *TA-DA* We bought the all-time famous Elephant Drainer for its very sole purpose - contain our wet utensils after washing and drain extra water out into the sink! I had initially smirked at the idea of the Elephant Drainer as I find it rather cheesy. LOL. Geez and I changed my mind after having one as the Elephant added some element of fun and quirk amongst the country ambiance! *Happy* :good:

20150717_152502_zpsewzgrfyl.jpg

If you think those below that are hanging to dry are baby dresses, think again. They are NOT what you think they are. :P

2015-07-17%2023.27.21_zpscqabcnpx.jpg

20150717_145452_zpsi7ccu7gn.jpg

Gave these dresses a good thorough wash before (wearing) using them as we need them to DRY OUR WET HANDS! :jawdrop:

:bleah: YES, they are hand towels to be hung in our kitchen and bathrooms! Hehe! Super duper absorbent and soft to the touch...Aren't they interesting decor pieces and towels for use? I hope my guests know how to use them to dry clean their hands instead of puzzling over them. :notti:

Edited by CountryGlow

Our Maison De Style Champêtre ~ Featuring those of a "T" and a "B" in our KITCHEN!

20150712_114422_zpsid8xf7t1.jpg

20150712_124221_zpsqe3wyngm.jpg

20150712_111911_zps85uktev1.jpg

20150712_124441_zpsrcbn6yjm.jpg

Like what you are seeing above? :lol: These are the perfect accessories and decorative items deemed for our kitchen! (Lots of effort invested to search for them too :rolleyes: *phew* ) And since we have not shifted into our Maison yet, our kitchen is still WIP which we will complete it by throwing in all the other cooking/kitchen appliances. For now, these new "T" & "B" items will take their warm seats here in our kitchen first :yamseng:

Can't help it but to highlight on our kitchen clock. Fell totally in love with it when I saw it online and I told the Hubbz, WE GOT TO GET IT! ! ! Suits the entire kitchen theme to the "T" right? :)

20150712_120136_zpsnx0xybhc.jpg

Love your kitchen, nice & cosy!!

HELLO! :)

very lovely kitchen accessories! the intricate design of ur plates and cake holder… they all fit your theme very well! :good: and i LOL-ed at the "mini dresses" so cute and funny!

-clownprince's wife

Edited by clownprince

Thanks chiffon and clownprince's wife! All these took me awhile to put together. Phew...hard work :sport-smiley-003: but SO SO worth it!

Guess my inspirations got rubbed off from both your houses' decor/ accessories as well! :D

Love your kitchen, nice & cosy!!

HELLO! :)

very lovely kitchen accessories! the intricate design of ur plates and cake holder… they all fit your theme very well! :good: and i LOL-ed at the "mini dresses" so cute and funny!

-clownprince's wife