Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi!

Great achievement on your Reno!

Can feel your joy and excitement..

Could you share with me your contractor's contact and Estimated quotation for your home if you don't mind? =)

Hi countryglow, thanks for sharing the wood knowledge & pictures. Can share too on contractor contact details & estimated quotation for ur kitchen, wardrobe & shoe cabinet size & per ft pricing pls? How long ur carpenter takes to complete the project? Thank u so much again...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

PM-ed you both! :)

Hi!

Great achievement on your Reno!
Can feel your joy and excitement..

Could you share with me your contractor's contact and Estimated quotation for your home if you don't mind? =)

Hi countryglow, thanks for sharing the wood knowledge & pictures. Can share too on contractor contact details & estimated quotation for ur kitchen, wardrobe & shoe cabinet size & per ft pricing pls? How long ur carpenter takes to complete the project? Thank u so much again...

Our Maison De Style Champêtre ~ A Place where we call HoMe.

IMG_20150824_185212_zpsm43yzncu.jpg

A place where we call HOME. We have shifted into our Maison for slightly more than TWO weeks and everything has been great! The hubby is so sweet to whip up for us simple anniversary dinners after each week to commemorate the 'occasion' :lol: A simple fare for our first few meals here in our lovely nest. There will definitely be more special occasions and memories install ahead for us :wub:

Dinner for our "1 week anniversary" after shift'in :thumbs up:

20150817_205626_zpsthtsocg6.jpg

Week 2 anniversary dinner **yummy**

IMG_20150824_203546_zps4thtlfb7.jpg

And you can tell by now who is the cook of our household :sport-smiley-004:

Moving on, we have been kept very busy doing up our house (apart from the constant cleaning); and if you still remember our Home-Fix Adventure in the last few posts, our zeal has never ceased. :jammin:Shall share a quick update on the additional DIYs we have done - for our bathrooms!

Opposite our "Gallery of Memories" which I mentioned in my last post, this is our common/guest bathroom. Lace curtain and a 'Toilet' sign drape at its entrance......

20150820_123121_zpsk8x6golu.jpg

20150820_123000_zps9qjqtlcn.jpg

Bought this Toilet hanging decor after I fell in love with it at first sight in Seoul :P

Edited by CountryGlow

Our Maison De Style Champêtre ~ A Place where we call HoMe (Cont')

Take one step in...

Over here is a DIY and decorative corner on the left. It is a purple and green theme for the common bathroom and as I am a firm believer that all bathrooms should have 2 essential items - Clock (to note the time in case we are in a rush) and a Painting (to liven up the confined space), we managed to find a 2-in-1 Painting with clock from TB! Chose this design to match our decorative flowers above the grand white throne. :bath:

20150820_122414_zps9xdbi7j9.jpg

One of the DIYs in this corner is none other than the holder of our toilet diffuser and spray (guests to use at their own discretion :rolleyes:)

The holder comprises of 3 Daiso items a) White tray with floral prints at the sides b) Velcro and c) Adhesive 2-pin hooks (burn kind for better holding power)

20150820_104550_zpsg57brk0w.jpg

20150820_105534_zpsx3i2udq6.jpg

20150820_112757_zpszfljpxzl.jpg

20150820_122332_zpscbjm9vdv.jpg

20150820_122612_zpss4vt6ks9.jpg

Like my DIY? Some of my friends claimed that I'm too free to come up with such idea :lol:

Edited by CountryGlow

Here comes the second part of my DIY in our common bathroom :notti:

1437536534154_zpsx6jdctgu.jpg

20150718_130946_zps4ffnazof.jpg

*TA-DA* Self-arranged baby breath stalks in my miniature bathtubs :lol: (Items bought from TB)

And I have placed these 2 tub arrangements above the mirror at the other corner of our bathroom. Hope these little DIY decors can add some furnishing touches and complement the original HDB bathroom design :huh:

1440137294288_zpssja3ojoa.jpg

Edited by CountryGlow

Shall move on to the bathroom in our master bedroom :bath:

A peek into our humbly-designed bathroom... The colour theme here is definitely p.i.n.k to match our master bedroom and WIW :)

20150813_150434_zpsrpb8gqtr.jpg

A closer look at this corner.

• Clock and Painting - checked!
  • Decorative flowers - checked :notti:
  • DIY toilet diffuser holder - checked! (I'm finding this idea so useful now as we can throw a spare roll of toilet paper, a book or even our Hp* with the extra holding space :P) *You will know how useful this holder is when a big nature call hits and you need to place your book or Hp somewhere after finishing your business! Please pardon the disgusting explicit description here LOL!)

2015-08-17%2018.47.22_zpsunudsbay.jpg

20150813_151900_zpslev7xtvh.jpg

As this toilet roll holder comes with a flat top, I'm able to place my pink Daiso tray on it, acting as the base. Have sticked velcro strips at the base of the tray to ensure better support for the holder. Somehow, I love this DIY-diffuser/book/Hp holder more than the one in our common bathroom....for obvious reasons :D

A glance at our humbly-designed bathroom in the master bedroom with pops of pink in our private space :rolleyes:

2015-08-21%2013.45.24_zpstjee6ax0.jpg

Edited by CountryGlow

(Let the DIYs continue......)

The next area /item to DIY is something which has always been on our minds. We bought over this piece from a nice neighbour to try out ourselves before jumping straight to engage the professionals. True enough - when there is a will, there is A WAY! We managed to install the magnetic insect screen at our 3rd bedroom window! Followed the online tutorial video and we are done in a few hours! It was not all easy since there were precise measurements and trimming involved, inserting the magnetic strips and the most tedious part - installing the screen in between the window grilles and sliding panels! We sweat buckets in such hot weather these days but we felt SOooo satisfied when we finally completed that one window!

20150810_165942_zpsvw9fa42q.jpg

A close-up at the insect screen. It should keep the mozzies, flies, lizards :jawdrop: and cockroaches away, albeit blocking wind flow to a certain degree. The hubby said to install the screens at the living room too and I cannot imagine the amount of effort and sweat we have to put in since the windows at the living room are twice bigger. Geez, we will get that accomplished no matter what. Beats having the insects I fear most crawling/flying into our flat! ;)

2015-08-21%2013.32.41_zpsmlzrte7h.jpg

From a distance, the insect screen looks really invisible! :good:

20150810_170537_zpsntbgnh5a.jpg

Edited by CountryGlow

(Let the DIYs continue......)

To end off this round of updates of our DIY efforts, I shall share on the transformation of our bookshelf (also in our 3rd bedroom - Hubby's toy collection + my gym corner). We own this IKEA shelf (with pigeon holes) for the longest time and it remains sturdy up to today. Since the shelf is still functional and we should not be spending unnecessary money after our renovation, we decided to keep the shelf but to transform it to match the house!

Original IKEA bookshelf (Pardon the mess. We haven't had time to sort out our books and documents yet :sport-smiley-018:)

20150820_144800_zps5vd87opw.jpg

If you remember, the ceiling of our 3rd bedroom was painted the same colour as the wall above the wainscotting in our living room. Throwback to one of my much earlier posts, here is the ceiling colour of our 3rd bedroom.....Can the the red-coloured shelf door match the room theme......definitely :no: :no::no:

20150413_104736_zpsoemr4qij.jpg

And we got a solution that is cost effective and transformative!

That is to use Washi Tape! ! :dancingqueen: I managed to get washi tape that is similar to our duckegg/ Tiff & Co colour! ! :jammin:

20150820_144701_zpsq4tx0lns.jpg

20150820_145047_zpsybn01smq.jpg

After 30 minutes of DIY, *TA-DA*, (half of) our bookshelf has been transformed! :dancingqueen:

20150820_173011_zpsuws6c9g3.jpg

We still have the other red shelf door to paste washi tape over and our bookshelf will be magically transformed to (almost like) a brand new item in our room! #Love these washi tapes! They can do so much wonders and definitely makes DIY more fun and effortless! Yeah! :dancingqueen:

Edited by CountryGlow

Hi CountryGlow, nice cosy home! Pls send me your contractor details. My email lynn_cheng3112@yahoo.com.sg

How do you find the carpentry work?

Hi CountryGlow,

Mind sharing the contact for acrylic panels & cost? TIA..

Hi Both! I've PM-ed you rgd the info for acrylic panels!

Hi CountryGlow,

Can share with me on where you bought and the cost of your acrylic panel for the toilets?

Thank you.

Hi Vanlene & Lazyfatcat007, I've PM-ed you both!

zen_zen - I'm unable to PM you as there is an error. Not sure why.

Hello! Can share too on contractor contact details & estimated quotation for ur kitchen, wardrobe & shoe cabinet size & psf.

Hi CountryGlow, nice cosy home! Pls send me your contractor details. My email lynn_cheng3112@yahoo.com.sg

How do you find the carpentry work?

Hi CountryGlow, can you share your contractor details pls? and the specs of your wooden tiles... Thanks much!