Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey babe! Yes, we did white solid surface counter top for our kitchen! As our intentions is not to splurge on our kitchen which we very much spend less time in..

Are you exploring alternatives for yours? :notti:

Hey babe, yes!

I love cooking but I did find a solid top that looked exactly like real marble.

How are you liking your solid top so far? :)

I guess you will like mine as it looks almost like real marble :notti: Maybe it doesn't have such a polished look or when you knock, it doesn't have the solid marble sound and feel - that's the main difference IMO. Solid tops these days look so good unlike what I perceived of those in the older days (I'm referring to my parents' solid top which they installed 15 years ago). I also did a test before deciding on the solid top and white in colour - poured some coffee and soya sauce on a small piece and left it aside for half a day. The white solid top is not stained! Of course you cannot compare it to the higher grades like granite, quartz or marble since they are more heat / scratch resistant! In sum, we settled for our white solid top since it serves its functional purpose without blowing an unwanted hole in our pockets! :)

Hey babe, yes!
I love cooking but I did find a solid top that looked exactly like real marble.

How are you liking your solid top so far? :)

I guess you will like mine as it looks almost like real marble :notti: Maybe it doesn't have such a polished look or when you knock, it doesn't have the solid marble sound and feel - that's the main difference IMO. Solid tops these days look so good unlike what I perceived of those in the older days (I'm referring to my parents' solid top which they installed 15 years ago). I also did a test before deciding on the solid top and white in colour - poured some coffee and soya sauce on a small piece and left it aside for half a day. The white solid top is not stained! Of course you cannot compare it to the higher grades like granite, quartz or marble since they are more heat / scratch resistant! In sum, we settled for our white solid top since it serves its functional purpose without blowing an unwanted hole in our pockets! :)

Yours doesn't have the grey streaks like in marble though? Does it? Since its solid white? Haha!

That sounds nice. I am about to go ahead and get solid top anyway, getting my contractor to nego a better price for me.

Yep, I did a heat, stain and scratch test. Turmeric does stun it and it takes more effort to remove, and have to be careful when placing items on it, but overall it survived fine.

I think the higher grade of solid tops perform even better though!

Have PM-ed you folks! :)

And babe, if you have the acrylic panel contact + price for me that'd be great! My contractor says his contact too ex dowan introduce to me. :P haha!

Hi Country glow your house is gorgeous. May I ask if you could share the contact for your contractor as well as the shelfs for your bomb shelter. Thanks

Hi,

can i check with you on the trousers rack? How is it so far and do you have a link for it? :)

TIA

Hi, wonder if anyone can help to provide me the contact for the bomb shelter rack that countryglow has shared in this forum, please?

pls pm me bguat72@gmail.com.

TIA!

Hey there CountryGlow!!

Your house looks really good!! I would be really afraid to try this style but somehow it really works here!!

I'm looking to renovate soon as well, and I was hoping if you could share the contact details of Mr B and Mr J?

Thank you!!

We are all SETTLED in, in our Maison De Style Champêtre ~

Greetings!

IMG_20151113_151136_zps60ll1ca1.jpg

Until we get a pup on our own, here are our substitutes to greet everyone at our little front pouch :)

Have been 3 months since we shifted in to our new crib and things are getting on perfectly well! Since my last update at end August, we have been hosting families and friends over almost every weekend. Finally. On this bright and sunny Saturday, we can have a break and I can finally tuck my butt cosily on my plushy chair to update on things here.

We are already 80% packed in when we shifted into our nest. The remaining 15% were the nitty gritties which we believe in adding and building (piece by piece) as the days go by. YES...! If you can agree with me, our new home journey doesn't just stop after renovations and furnishing are completed and shifting in! It continues and we added more and more (practical stuff of course) as we settle in! In this post, I would like to present to you our 95% completed Maison De Style Champêtre :D

*We are leaving the last 5% for FURTHER WIPs :P

The Nitty And The Gritty...

They are unnecessarily NECESSARY** - Spamming of Pink!

**Why nitty-gritties are crucial for our Country theme. The next few pictures will tell you why...

20151021_182753_zpsnce61k71.jpg

IMG_20151025_182809_zpseu0iz9rl.jpg

IMG_20151025_183713_zpsrxwtvuzx.jpg