Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eyeletskirt

The Love For Shoes & Swords In Our Crib @ Anchorvale

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Amazon purchases

Free shipping above USD125.

Only catch was that only certain items qualify and they had the weight restriction as well. Do chat with the amazon help desk people as they are quite friendly!

Bought quite abit of house organising items and bins for our kitchen & service yards.

IMG_0212_zpstum5n4xk.jpg

719ZP737ixL._SL1500__zpsoa972jj4.jpg

519lq1pSIsL._SL1000__zpsbpffa9ka.jpg

71r4dd96d-L._SL1500__zpsioca8szh.jpg

Edited by eyeletskirt

After months of liaising with our ID, buying trips around Singapore and endless trips to monitor the progress, we are finally done with our renovation process!

The best feeling was finally having our love nest to call our own which ended 2014 on a perfect note.

It's been about three months since we have shifted in and we have slowly got used to our own space as well as the daily chores that came together with it. Instead of heading out to town, our weekends were mostly spent chilling in our nest and enjoying our staycations.

Credits of pictures go to I-Chapter, our friend, MW and my trusty iphone6/sony cam.

---

ENTRANCE

We painted our front door white (originally brown) to match the Scandivanian theme. As you can tell, the hubs is a total LOTR fan from the brown signage on our main door.

IMG_0853_zpspgkhtuuz.jpg

IMG_0928_zpsqbrddj42.jpg

LIVING ROOM

The platform area was a "suggested study-room area" which we didn't enclose nor do anything to it so that the living room will remain spacious.

IMG_0272_zpsdweznd5r.jpg

IMG_0299_zps0jxjkmh7.jpg

One of my main concerns was having a huge shoe wardrobe to contain at least 100 pairs of shoes. And thanks to my ID for making it possible! The laminates on the shoe wardrobe were the same as the kitchen laminates and meter-compartment.

IMG_0329_zpsiempnp0e.jpg

IMG_0328_zpsf2wnhjd7.jpg

IMG_1380_zpsa1wekpkh.jpg

IMG_1386_zps8suafykl.jpg

IMG_1384_zpsoci8pzbi.jpg

The hubby was a huge fan of swords and thus, this was another main criteria conveyed to our ID. It's even bigger than my shoe wardrobe and he is already thinking of extending it to the other end of the wall.

IMG_8891_zps90563cbe.jpg

There's some storage space for more of his toys behind the sofa.

IMG_0324_zpsnbyiu5ep.jpg

IMG_8868_zps6e14b207.jpg

IMG_8885_zps3b18f4f3.jpg

10801582_10154938052560455_6440735097922

One of our fav features that we like was the 360 rotating television in between our cosy area and our sofa area. It allows us to watch television from the bar counter and dining area. Our ID has cleverly concealed all the television wires within the wall as well.

IMG_8882_zps15cf4dd0.jpg

IMG_1093_zps92qb7sj5.jpg

My favourite part of the house was the cosy area where we littered with cushions and bean bags.

IMG_1169_zpsx7uss2rg.jpg

IMG_0697_zps0kx9k3al.jpg

IMG_1094_zpsk1udmd16.jpg

Edited by eyeletskirt

KITCHEN

Our ID suggested a wet & dry kitchen which we were fully supportive of. The "wet area" was enclosed with an aluminium black framed door for our cooking while the counter-top area at the "dry area" was our chilling/drinking area.minimal

Also, the width was extended by hacking some parts of the walls to enlarge the space. We were both not a kitchen person but weirdly we have spent hours here trying to whip out something decent. Very fun!

IMG_0281_zpskaja66hl.jpg
IMG_8883_zps128306c1.jpg
IMG_3989_zpsjbjoaojr.jpg

View from the wet kitchen

IMG_0285_zpspsdwmzwd.jpg

Service Yard

Most items were supplied by HDB so we just had to add our own barangs and window grilles.

IMG_3982_zpsttormnrn.jpg
IMG_0212_zpstum5n4xk.jpg
Walk-way

For our walk-way leading to the rooms, we had the brickwall connecting to our bomb shelter for a form of continuity, As for the bomb shelter, it was concealed using laminates (same one as the tv area) with a tic-tac door.

The door frames for the rooms were painted in black to complement the white doors that our IDs have selected as we didn't opt for HDB doors. Jazzed the area with some our favourite quotes, picture frames and lightings and that's it!

IMG_8397_zps1qstvasd.jpg

IMG_0695_zpsjvpm0qhc.jpg

IMG_0303_zpsea1xuwyc.jpg

We love how it looks like at night with the warm lightings especially.

10001322_10154938053050455_8144290213995

IMG_4220_zpseivesdsx.jpg

ROOM ONE

This room was kept bare with just a splash of mint paint to complement the living room's colours. It is currently our sports room before our kids come onboard hehe.

IMG_0870_zpso0eozh09.jpg

IMG_1088_zps740y87wj.jpg

Edited by eyeletskirt

MBR

One of our best decisions made was listening to our ID to hack the second room due to the original small space. It didn't help that the original walk-way to the MBR was at a 90 degrees angle which made it look ultra tiny. That enlarged the room visually by at least 40% which made alot of difference.

As such, they had to conceal the original door opening of the second room and create a 45 degrees door opening (made with false gypsum board). The main bedroom door had to be shifted forward before the new door opening as well. Result: our bedroom now look so much bigger!

The colour themes were kept the same as the living room area, with the same laminates chosen for the side bed tables, tv and study area. For both the rooms, we overlay the flooring with matching vinyl flooring and chose a light champaign gradient Nippon paint to match it. Other walls were kept simple with pure white.

We really liked how our ID concealed the air-con trunkings (on the left) with a false triangle feature wall (that we could display pics and toys).

IMG_0308_zpseoaab9l6.jpg

IMG_0690_zpsvbzzfu5k.jpg

IMG_1090_zps1ltxwj6d.jpg

IMG_0923_zpss9w3v1h8.jpg

IMG_3901_zpszqedxyil.jpg

MBR TOILET

This was the only toilet that we spent our bucks renovating fully since it will be the most utilized. We overlay the floorings and walls while adding lightings and acrylic panels to make the toilet looks brighter.

We are glad we listened to our ID of choosing dark colours so the toilets won't look so dirty and at the same time, it had a cosy feel which we like. For the ceiling, it was painted in a light grey shade (same as the other toilet).

IMG_0318_zpsg5p1ynba.jpg

IMG_1310_zpshlnotdre.jpg

IMG_1365_zps3f5zxf1w.jpg

WALK-IN WARDROBE

My second favourite place apart from the platform for obvious reasons. It's a very happy feeling to enter my fashion space every morning to dress up!

The false gypsum board was in a white tone with gold handles to match the inner interior. I'm glad I insisted on a white & gold theme instead of a monochrome theme to make the original cramp space look so much wider.

Entrance

IMG_8889_zps0f0c4280.jpg

IMG_0902_zpsinug0qdy.jpg

IMG_0315_zpsksixzchd.jpg

10009909_10154938052905455_3859650276123

IMG_4944_zpshmguw1zb.jpg

Edited by eyeletskirt

Picture taken before shifting in to show the storage area. The many shelves behind the huge mirror to hide our folded clothes, shorts and barangs.

IMG_0193_zpsz3epej0o.jpg

dressing table in white & gold

IMG_0891_zpsufn7cvet.jpg

IMG_9307_zps0jm8um5p.jpg

IMG_0900_zpsfoz44d79.jpg

The adjustable shelves with black tinted mirror to store my bags

IMG_0886_zps6xjmjlhs.jpg

Edited by eyeletskirt