Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi BunniBoi,

Yes, did not take up any of the optional components. Anyway, it's only the door and floor tile. As a 2 roomer, we only have one choice on the door. As for the floor tiles, I will say forget it lah. You can have many options if you spend a bit more.

Noted and point taken. Think I will left the floor tiles and door alone for now. thanks for the advise.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I went for the optional component mainly cos I can use my CPF-OA. Not too crazy with the samples on shown at the HDB Hub either. I intend to use "snap-on" laminate or "paste-on" vinyl flooring for the living room and bedroom if I wind up detesting the ceramaic titles installed in my flat.

Having a digital lock and grill-door combo will make trips to the common refuse & recycling chutes more convenient. Personally, I will allocate my limited budget to the flat interiors and change the door & grill at a later date.

Found a studio apartment kitchen in renotalk that I really liked although it seems wider than the 45sqm 2-room kitchen. 22798e7350b1a26290410b788da28e95.jpg

I am having a wish list for a thumb print door lock

maxresdefault.jpg

was wondering if it is safe? i saw this in my fan's condo which they only have 1 wooden door installed on it, was pretty fansinated to do one for my bto. After some thoughts, i have some set back...

1) Metal Gate how to install?

2)Meaning i need 2 digital door units(one at gate, the other at wooden door) if i totally want a keyless access to get home.

1337942530.png

11075236_10200215875195221_6646739495525

Just some thinking....

Very nice and tempting to change the front door and gate and even install a biometric security lock for that added cool factor.

However, i will not be doing it and will just leave the front door and gate as default.

My reasoning is that if you do many changes to your front gate and door,

it will look TOO outstanding as compared to your neighbour's door,

and instead of being a deterrant to potential intruders, all these modifications

may instead attract unwanted attention to your unit instead, because the intruder

might think: (Wah...this guy alot of money hor? Willing to spend money for his front gate,

he/she must have more valuables in his/her house)

Alternatively, the intruder may not wanna break into your house, but may

just VANDALIZE your door just for the fun of it, if its too outstanding.

Just my thought on this.

Waddya'll think? Change the front gate/door? Add fancy gadgets?

That said, I personally would love to add a visible camera outside the frontdoor to act as a deterrant.

Personally I think most people would think twice and not loiter near your front door if they see a visible camera infront of it.

Edited by ryanyth

ryanyth - It’s never too early to start preparing and saving money for your new home. If you intend to remove the sliding door, you should also consider filling up the ugly floor tracks.

Hi 2Roomer, yea i've been to the HDB showflat and saw the sliding door.

After seeing it, my urge to remove it is even stronger, because i feel that once i've closed the door,

the whole bedroom feels even smaller. Also, that ugly floor tracks have a tendency to attract dirt.

Now i'm torn. I suppose removing of sliding door should be easy,

but anyone has tips on how to remove the ugly floor tracks?

ID will probably need to overlay new tiles? Cement it? Is there a good solution for removing of the floor tracks once sliding door is removed?

vpexy1.jpg

Went to Toa Payoh HDB Hub showroom flats and here are 2 video walkthroughs

i've taken of the Studio Apartment (37sqm) and 2-room BTO flats (45sqm).

They were taken using my Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
Apologies for the shakiness and poor video quality.
Studio Apartment BTO (37sqm)
2-Room Flat BTO (45sqm)

ryanyth - Don't worry too much about the tracks, I am sure the IDs have a quick & cheap solution for that. If you happen to walk pass any ID firm, just walk in and ask the IDs about it. Your 35 sqm flat has some good features over my 45 sqm flat: That nice corner shower in the bathroom and squarish kitchen, you can actually install a L-shaped counter here. Your building contractor could eventually install doors with tracks on the ceiling only. What we see in the showroom flats are an approximation.

Found a studio apartment kitchen in renotalk that I really liked although it seems wider than the 45sqm 2-room kitchen. 22798e7350b1a26290410b788da28e95.jpg

The beauty of wide-angle lenses haha. The professionally-taken ID photos always uses this trick. :D

Hi 2Roomer, yea i've been to the HDB showflat and saw the sliding door.

After seeing it, my urge to remove it is even stronger, because i feel that once i've closed the door,

the whole bedroom feels even smaller. Also, that ugly floor tracks have a tendency to attract dirt.

Now i'm torn. I suppose removing of sliding door should be easy,

but anyone has tips on how to remove the ugly floor tracks?

ID will probably need to overlay new tiles? Cement it? Is there a good solution for removing of the floor tracks once sliding door is removed?

vpexy1.jpg

Have to agree with you, I'm afraid... The sliding doors needs to go - I think it'll look and feel much bigger if it was wide open space. Thanks for the helpful videos btw!

Edited by MsBunny

Have to agree with you, I'm afraid... The sliding doors needs to go - I think it'll look and feel much bigger if it was wide open space. Thanks for the helpful videos btw!

Np. Yup that was what I feel too when I closed the sliding doors.

My idea is to put a "soft partition" instead. maybe a shelf? or a string curtain?

So that there is a partition, yet isn't completely blocked off and opaque.

That said, without the sliding doors, i realized theres another problem to tackle.

Would an Air-con be able to cool both the Bedroom AND Living Room (and quite possibly the whole house since there are no partitions/walls?)

Edited by ryanyth

I like the idea of curtain. Not string curtain but real curtain. Think a thick enough curtain shd be able to contain the cool air within the room better. and when you draw the curtain to the side, does not take up much space too.

u can consider this for your room divider too.

Note that in the services provided page, they did not state any warranty period.

And, I m amaze that the household shelter can put a single size bed?

u can consider this for your room divider too.

Note that in the services provided page, they did not state any warranty period.

And, I m amaze that the household shelter can put a single size bed?

Ya lor....power right...I dun think I will use home shelter as room... Now still thinking/searching what else I can do/change the door between living room and bedroom.