Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Love the brainstorming about space-saving furniture.

I was considering installing the Poppi Board (from Italian furniture company Clei) in my bedroom through local distributor Smootree. Gave up when I realised how expensive it could be.

Sure will busted my Reno budget if am going to do the hidden wall bed.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I opt for the floor tiles but not the doors or bathroom sink, because I know exactly how I want to renovate, and the door doesn't fit into my plans. But I did think about having concrete screed instead. easy to maintain and now worry about crack tiles.

Initially wanted concrete screed for my kitchen floor too but according to my ID, concrete will also crack over time... Not sure how long that would take tho.

Personally, I'd think it is your preference.

I am currently using a loft bed, the IKEA loft bed, for about 10+ years. While I love my loft bed, but I did felt a bit tired of climbing up and down. And I also love to watch TV in bed. I currently can't do that, unless I mount my TV very high up. Which means I can't watch it when I am on ground level.

Another issue with a loft bed, is that I currently have about 70cm from mattress to ceiling, that is not enough for me to sit up properly. If you lower the height of the bed, their you'll have very cramp space beneath it.

I second that - It's definitely a personal preference!

I too had the IKEA loft bed, but only for about 6 years. While I loved the space-saving concept behind it, I only lasted the climbing about 2 or less lol. I ended up sleeping on a makeshift mattress on the floor with my cat and using the loft bed above for storage the rest of the time. (And a timeout zone for my cat when she misbehaved - too high and no good way for her to climb down hahaha)

I experienced the exact same issues - not a lot of space overhead (although I could sit up properly - I must be shorter than you lol), no good place for TV, tired of climbing etc. Which was why I changed to a regular super single bed eventually. And surprisingly, with the removal of the loft bed, my room actually felt a whole lot bigger.

A great pat on the back for the amount of homework you've done!

Back to the hiddenbed, personally, I prefer the Hiddenbed design to the HWB design, because the hiddenbed allow you to have a desk when the bed is up.

I did think the PD doors is rather expensive for a door.

I opt for the floor tiles but not the doors or bathroom sink, because I know exactly how I want to renovate, and the door doesn't fit into my plans. But I did think about having concrete screed instead. easy to maintain and now worry about crack tiles.

Hi Kyooko,

Did not opt for anything but when I book my unit no option on bathroom sink leh. Only tiles and door.

Hi MsBunny,

I also wnated concrete screed for my kitchen floor but read too many reviews that it will crack over time so gave up. But it certainly look cool and easy to clean with a concrete screed surface!

Hi Kyooko,

Did not opt for anything but when I book my unit no option on bathroom sink leh. Only tiles and door.

The bathroom basin is together with the door. So if you chose the door, the bathroom basin is also included.

Optional Component Scheme (OCS)

The Optional Component Scheme (OCS) is offered on an opt-in basis. The cost of the packages is added to the selling price of the flat.

Features

OCS is offered to buyers of new flats under the Build-to-Order projects for added convenience. From the Sep 2012 BTO Exercise onwards, HDB will also offer sanitary fittings in bathrooms under this scheme. Read press release for September 2012 sales exercise for more information.

You can choose to have the following items to be installed in flat you selected:

(a) Internal doors + sanitary fittings*

wash basin

water tap

shower mixer

(b) Floor finishes for

Living /Dining room

Bedrooms

*From Sep 2012 BTO exercise onwards

Choices under OCS

You will have the following choices under the OCS:

Opt-in for both the internal doors + sanitary fittings* and the basic flooring,

Opt-in for the internal doors + sanitary fittings* only,

Opt-in for the basic flooring only, or

No opt-in for the internal doors + sanitary fittings* or basic flooring

*From Sep 2012 BTO exercise onwards

Source: http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyingNewFlatDesignFeatures?OpenDocument

Think bathroom basin is standard. I was unable to opt in for OCS but I have basin + toilet bowl.

The toilet bowl is definitely included, but the basin is one of the OCS, I specifically chose not to have the basin, since I intend to rip it out if it was there. So I am very certain the basin is one of the options.

Not a must to have skirting. Depends on what flooring you have. If I recall correctly, need skirting if homogenous tiles, dont need if vinyl. Why? something along the line of water seepage but exactly how... I dunno ?_?

with skirting, it takes up certain floor area and when placing your furniture, it cannot be fully against the wall. There will be some gaps due to the skirting.

So for those without skirting, you have more floor space. So, not weird.

Best is consult your ID / contractor for their professional advice.

Not a must to have skirting. Depends on what flooring you have. If I recall correctly, need skirting if homogenous tiles, dont need if vinyl. Why? something along the line of water seepage but exactly how... I dunno ?_?

with skirting, it takes up certain floor area and when placing your furniture, it cannot be fully against the wall. There will be some gaps due to the skirting.

So for those without skirting, you have more floor space. So, not weird.

Best is consult your ID / contractor for their professional advice.

@ mmoh

Thanks for the advise.... =)