Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Varying,

Nice! But I'm curious also why 38cm deep wardrobe. Will it be enough to hang your hanger in? I just measure my hanger already 40cm..... mu current wardrobe measure 52cm.

I was hoping to have something like this but with 3m width in my room don't know feasible or not.

Room

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

@2Roomer

Thanks for the video links! I spent 30 mins watching the 2nd one when I should be getting ready for work lol. (Now I'm late going in, hahaha.) Can't resist home tours. :D

@mmoh

Hmm... Not sure if there's a standard width for wardrobe. Wouldn't this be up to individual needs?

I did learn from my own reno experience that standard depth for kitchen cabinets is 60cm and anything beyond that is additional cost too. Booo.

MsBunny - Even owners of bigger flats are lamenting how small everything is.

Varying - You are the first to "graduate". Congrats. We would love to see pics of your kitchen and especially the bathroom.

Hi hi!!

Yeah yeah. Its a full height cabinet to block view from door to window.

38cm depth wardrobe because room is small. Save space.

i will take some pixs and show you guys how it works. Upload tonite.

@2Roomer

Yeah! Do you follow their channel? Do they really only have that Ikea Stolmen pole system as their wardrobe? Seems a bit small for the both of them combined. But it doesn't look like their MBR has much room for anything else...

MsBunny - I follow their channel mostly for the BTO stuff but I don't recall anything about their wardrobe in previous postings. As for Stolmen, I personally won't use it as clothes can get dusty out in the open and the fibreboard shelves can sag after a while.

Looking at the floorplan and pictures, I just realised that varying's living room doesn't have a household shelter. That's why there is space for the lovely brown cabinets next to the front door and partition cupboard. My unit will have a household shelter which I rather not have if I have a choice.

yup, i too rather have a bigger living room or bed room or even kitchen rather than have that household shelter.

@varying

Whoa! Your wardrobe hanger bar like boutique style! Haha, pretty cool! :D But enough hanging space?

sure not enough hanging space for me... :P

Lol @mmoh. Me neither!

Personally, I don't mind having a bomb shelter if it's placed in the right position on the floor plan. :)

Otherwise, you may end up having to pay for customised carpentry to create that storage space. Which of course, wouldn't be a problem if there's no budget constraints haha. The advantage in that tho, is that it's prettier and exactly where you want it. :D

@varying

Whoa! Your wardrobe hanger bar like boutique style! Haha, pretty cool! :D But enough hanging space?

Enough space for me. I don't have much clothes.

They need to install another 2 more below. So that's 4 in total.

Got this idea from ikea. They have cabinets which are 38cm in depth. Using a metal pole to hang clothes forward instead of sideways.

You guys can check it out if you have a small room like mine. Haha.

At 38cm with normal doors, I can walk between my bed and the wardrobe comfortably.

Edited by varying

Lol @mmoh. Me neither!

Personally, I don't mind having a bomb shelter if it's placed in the right position on the floor plan. :)

Otherwise, you may end up having to pay for customised carpentry to create that storage space. Which of course, wouldn't be a problem if there's no budget constraints haha. The advantage in that tho, is that it's prettier and exactly where you want it. :D

I want a storeroom!! Haha...but I don't have one...

Ya...you are right...it costs a bomb to build all these cabinets....

Bleeding....badly......