Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Lauer,

I'm almost complete in my Semi D Reconstruction program now that I'm in the 13th month since permit for commencing work was grated.

I agree with you completely but believe that the homeowner must firstly enjoy the project than consider it a chore to clear.

It took me two years to plan, budget, design, schedule and source for contractor and looking back now I'm glad I did not rush into things.

I searched through forums to pick up tips including Renotalk. One particular useful tip was to self write and establish a detail contract / agreement which I based on the renovation association's standard contract. More than 6 months into the works, I appreciate a written agreement as often my contractor and I forget what we had first agreed upon.

In my built, I remember arguing with my designer / PE to reduce and relocate columns for astatic reasons. Positioning skylight to illuminate my stairwell / glass lift. Providing power supply for all bedroom windows for the provision of power curtain and roller blinds and even installing roller shutters to all glass windows and doors at ground floor.

I also also learned on the fly that My built that I could confidently tell my contractor not to install a water tank or pump for my additional floor as my DIY experiment of hooking up a rubber hose to tap water supply from ground level water supply and bringing it to top level provided me answer on top floor water pressure.

Frequent site visits also helped communication and reduce the chances of built deviation from design. All in all, my experience was positive with a very reasonable and honorable contractor. Till date I've only exceeded budget by $5k and a little longer than agree to build. That is when I can choose not to exercise my agreement's LD clause with a $2.5k / wk LD charge written in my renovation agreement when my contractor's overall workmanship and cost remaining within my requirements and expectation.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i would recommend my builder who did design & build for me at Bishan & Joo Chiat Semi.

they are efficient and honest.

you may reach them at kl.design@outlook.sg ( Kwong Long Building Construction Pte Ltd)

Try Choi & Chen Collaborative. They are a husband and wife team. Very very good. Check out their fb page. I don't have their contact number but just tell them Chris from the Pest Control sent you, they will take care of your needs.

Nice to see my builders being mentioned here. Sweet and talented folks who take great pride in their daily execution of the designing and build process of our new "Scandinavian-chic" house. We are >1/ 2 way into construction and enjoying every moment of the process. The work delivered so far meets our requirements and expectations. Our dream house is finally coming together. Thanks chen+choi : )

ID or Architect to renovate semi D.

Do you guys have any names to recommend? Looking for those who have experience working with landed houses and not just HDBs/Condos. Would prefer if you have personal experience working with them as well.

Really appreciate your help as this is my first time posting here. :)

Thanks!

---------

Post edited as i got too many messages about this.

Which ID/architect did you engage? Any semi-D showrooms to recommend? Thanks!

We just signed up with Chen+Choi Collaborative and very excited to start our journey with them as our designers and builders.

We've read so much from this forum and we are really thankful with all the advice from fellow forumers. Thanks for all your tips and sharing in your PMs.

We will continue to frequently update as much as we can from our built and share our experience from our own personal process. We chose this architect/ID cum builder as we also only wanted 1 company to handle all our works from the start to the finish and handover. We have checked the quality of their work and it is a good standard judging from their details and we really love their style and type of modern design. We have even begun the concepts for our custom auto gates and we can see in all areas they are very attentive and approachable.

Now we are finally more relaxed after finding this company as we have searched for at least 4 months. !!