Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
copp3r

Bathroom Sink Got Detached From Wall

Hi :)

My bathroom sink got detached due to too much loading.

Luckily there are brackets which prevented it from falling to the floor. Any recommendation on who to engage to fix this, and and idea of how much it would cost ?

If I want to DIY, any suggestion on how?

I found this video but I wonder how to keep the sink in place for my situation while the silicone cures.

Thanks!

sink%20bathroom1_zpserzzubc8.jpg

Photo of bracket captured from below the sink :

sink%20bathroom2_zpssxu8voc5.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

actually it's not too difficult to fix this.

First you would have to use your hands and grip the brackets and shake to test if they are still firmly attached to the wall.

For whatever reasons, sometimes, the bracket is good and you do not need to remount your brackets..... then you have an easy job. Just stuff something hard between the gap of the basin and bracket and your basin shouldn't move around anymore. I hope you know what I'm describing.

If you need to remount your brackets, you gotta check if your brackets are in good condition (not rusted till it crumbles). If you are lucky, you do not need new screw holes. You can just drill out whatever is in the old screw holes and remount. Otherwise, you will need new holes, slightly left right or higher or lower.