Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lucidacid

My Humble Abode (Without Id)

Hi Lucidacid,

Are you doing tiles or laminate for your living room + 3 bedrooms? Can share your quote if you are doing tiles.

Hi! For my living room I decided to go for laminates since my workplace is using the exact same ones and they look gorgeous. Moreover, it's a place with high traffic and I always pour water onto the floor in large amount by accident. But yet, after years and years, it still looks gorgeous. Found out they are waterproof.

Tiling is probably cheaper but I don't like the cold feel under my feet and the need for upkeep of the grout! So yes, I'm sorry I can't help you in the quote since I'm not doing it! :sport-smiley-018: Hope this helps!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Furniture:

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-04%20at%2012.58.

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-04%20at%2012.59.

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-04%20at%201.00.3

Electronics

God has been extremely good to us! Our bosses and friends have contacts all around town and so, we got everything at half of our budget. Example: We saw the exact same tiles at Hafary but it's about $5-6 per square feet. We got them at $2.30-$3.20 per square feet. And now electronics too! My best friend works in Samsung, so I got all these at more than 50% cheaper than Best Denki, Gain City etc.

sg_UA55J5500AKXXS_001_Front_black_zpskwv

55" FHD TV

sg_WD12F9C9U4X-SP_001_Front_zpsvq2zmosl.

12KG/9KG Dryer + Washer

sg_RSH7UNSL1-XSS_004_Front_silver_zps5iw

Humongous fridge. My fiancé and I drink lots of water in a day so the water supply was a must to us despite the space constraint in our HDB kitchen.

Edited by Lucidacid

Hi! For my living room I decided to go for laminates since my workplace is using the exact same ones and they look gorgeous. Moreover, it's a place with high traffic and I always pour water onto the floor in large amount by accident. But yet, after years and years, it still looks gorgeous. Found out they are waterproof.

Tiling is probably cheaper but I don't like the cold feel under my feet and the need for upkeep of the grout! So yes, I'm sorry I can't help you in the quote since I'm not doing it! :sport-smiley-018: Hope this helps!

Thanks for replying. But tiling is no longer cheap due to the pre-packed screed. I got quotes from 7.5 - 8K for tiling.

Laminates is waterproof? But require more effort for maintenance? How much is the rate for laminates? For laminates I can appeal HDB for free screeding so probably can save $$$ there if opt for vinyl / laminate.

Thanks for replying. But tiling is no longer cheap due to the pre-packed screed. I got quotes from 7.5 - 8K for tiling.

Laminates is waterproof? But require more effort for maintenance? How much is the rate for laminates? For laminates I can appeal HDB for free screeding so probably can save $$$ there if opt for vinyl / laminate.

Hi! (:

Oh my. Then laminates is definitely way cheaper. I got the the waterproof ones with lifetime warranty at $6.80 psf (before discount). That's what I did too. I appealed for HDB screeding. One thing though, if you get them to do screeding be prepared to be upset because 80% or so of the time, the floor that they do up isn't flat. I have a lot of bumps in my house and I'm still trying to rectify it after a month and a half. ((:

Here is the list of works I've done and the overall price. My am I glad with it. It's my dream house! :yeah: Hope everything will turn out fine!

1) Study Room
Hack Bedroom 3 wall, one side partial hack, the other side full hack including door.
Glass panels with aluminium frame + Glass door with aluminum frame.

2) Stucco brick wall effect for the entire wall from shoe cabinet onwards.

3) Study table with pedestal on one side of the wall, the cabinet spanning the whole side on the other.

4) Overlay all kitchen and toilet and service yard tiles +
Entrance kerb <- done free! :dribble:

5) Iquartz U series table top with 12 ft bottom kitchen cabinets and 9 feet top cabinet, and 2 feet full cabinet.

6) Vanity cabinet for toilet with Mirror cabinet / Glass panels for toilet

7) Aircon ledge for living room

8) Shoe Cabinet

9) Lighting + Plumbing + Adding of any accessories at any number at anywhere.

10) MBR Wardrobe, Dressing Table etc.

11) Baywindow with storage and PVC Settee

It has everything that we want even though it's my first house. Total cost: Estimated $35k +
My cousin did wardrobe, kitchen cabinet, and false ceiling and she already spent $28k plus with another contractor. So so happy!! :yeah:

Edited by Lucidacid

Hi Lucidacid,

may i know where did you see the fabric sofa, wooden dining set and the wooden tv console?

was loooking for something similar.

also, if don't mind can i get J&E's contact.

sorry to ask again, so this J&E is contractor la not ID?

a bit confused, nice work though, by the way.

thanks'

J

Hi Lucidacid,

may i know where did you see the fabric sofa, wooden dining set and the wooden tv console?

was loooking for something similar.

also, if don't mind can i get J&E's contact.

sorry to ask again, so this J&E is contractor la not ID?

a bit confused, nice work though, by the way.

thanks'

J

PMed you! (: