Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi guys,

I just received a quote from an ID and the carpentry price seems high compared to the other quotes shared here. Does anyone have any input? Please note that this is for a landed house, so i’m not sure if the price difference is because of that? Just wondering what your opinions would be.

This is the exact quote (only wrote the carpentry bits i’m wondering about here, and not the other lighting and hacking stuff etc)

To design & construct est. L 17ft full height storage cabinet using solid-ply laminate $7650

To design & construct est. L 10ft suspended TV console using solid-ply laminate $1600

To design & construct est. L 10ft full height TV featured wall using solid-ply laminate $3200

To design & construct est. L 6ft full height mirror cabinet using solid-ply laminate $2200

To design & construct est. L 48ft top and 44ft btm kitchen cabinet using solid-ply laminate $12,880

To design & construct est. L 6ft suspended island counter using solid-ply laminate $1350

To design & construct est. L 5ft full height shoe cabinet using solid-ply laminate $2000

To supply & install est. L 44ft quartz top for kitchen work top $7040

To supply & install est. L 44ft quartz backing in between top & btw cabinet $7040

To supply & install est. L 6ft quartz top for island counter $1080

To supply & install a new main door with timbre door frame (double-leaf) $6000

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

did u show them the design of the feature wall u wanted already? mine was quoted quite expensive as well 4k inclusive of tv console but i think its better to bring yr idea and aak for a few more quotes

ling00 - no, no design has been talked about yet. they are supposed to propose to me if we go ahead with the works

kangeroo168 - i stay in a landed house. all the measurements were taken by the ID..

I think the pricing is quite reasonable as in a landed property. My aunt had receive even higher quote then yours.

Also design will be only provided after confirmation i guess, all the IDs companies which i search the other time are all the same.

Reason most of them told me is worrying after present the 3D design, we customer will go and look for contractor to renovated instead of engaging them.

So to me is quite a fair deal.

good luck!