Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
duomaxwell

Llpl's New House @ Punggol Waterway Brooks

On 24 June 2016 at 9:37 AM, diamondsmum said:

duomaxwellhow you find the sewing of the curtain is it good?  Material?  Thanks for the contact.

we find the quality of the curtain to be acceptable (cannot really comment much as it's our first time having a curtain). But i believe the quality should be good, if not Vincent would not be so popular here at Renotalk. :P His schedule is always packed, got to wait for days/weeks before can get an appointment for measurement.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 1/12/2016 at 2:42 PM, duomaxwell said:

Hi Lazyfatcat, thanks for dropping. I'm sorry to hear that. guess the ID really "stepped" onto you big time. But at least he willing to redo the cabinets. :rolleyes:

Day 15 (11th Jan 2016) (Painting)

Painter brought all the materials to prepare for the painting of the whole house.

90redi.jpg

Realised that not all the paint cans are Odour Less Easy Wash (some are Vinilex 500, some are just easy wash or Odour-less, ID immediately called the painter and requested him to change. "thumbs up to the ID"

Wrong Paint type

211oqxd.jpg

Correct Paint Type

2ia660x.jpg

I count ourselves lucky that we fixed an appointment with the glass contractor to discuss on the approach for the master bedroom toilet (whether to install a sliding glass door or a normal glass door for shower area) today before the painter starts work, if not the painter would have started painting with the wrong paint type.

Painting will continue tomorrow (12th Jan) and on Wednesday (13th Jan).

Hi TS, does your painter paint sealer for ceiling as well?

Thanks.

Edited by Del8

Hi duomaxwell, 

I am reading your open door ritual, I have a few questions:

1) Have you shifted into your new house, do you feel a difference in the energy?

2) Do you have any more things you want to add on for future open door ritual which you have not done?

3) You mention under Door open 1) Knock door 3 times (if there are door bell shall we ring the bell instead?

4) Leave the home and close the door, do not return for 3 days (do we need to close the windows or let the Qi continue to flush in and out?)

Do you have anything to elaborate.

12 hours ago, t14388 said:

Hi duomaxwell

Thank you for your reply

May I also know the model number of the Blum Aventos Lift system that you are using for the Disk Rack Door. I heard we need to calculate the power factor of the door

Thanks

Hi t14388,

So sorry, we couldn't give you any advise on the questions you posted as we didn't go and find out from our ID which model will be used for our dish rack door and we also left the power factor calculation to our ID. 

On 22 June 2016 at 10:36 PM, diamondsmum said:

Where is your curtain from and are you able to share the quote?

Hi diamondsmum,

we got our curtain from Vincent (Garvin Marting Services) Hp: 9three849228 and he quoted us $1400 for 5 sets of day & night curtains (Living room & 4 rooms)

20 hours ago, duomaxwell said:

Hi t14388,

If you refer to the picture bottom (on the bottom left), you can see that the

1) LED strip surrounding our tv for our tv feature wall is operated by a switch (controlled by a LED driver) (C3 LED strip)

2) 2 LED strips for the open shelves are controlled by one LED driver (C1 LED strip) - connected in series

3) 2 LED strip for top & bottom display cabinets are controlled by one LED driver (C2 LED strip) - connected in series

Our Philips LED strips are not dimmable. :lol:

Hope all the above description asks your questions

2sb2xox.png

Hi duomaxwell

Thank you for your reply

May I also know the model number of the Blum Aventos Lift system that you are using for the Disk Rack Door. I heard we need to calculate the power factor of the door

Thanks

On 21 June 2016 at 5:05 AM, t14388 said:

Hi

Would you mind sharing how your ID running the LED Strip for living room display cabinets, using only one LED driver to run all the LED strip in series or in parallel, your LED strip is dimmable?

Thanks

Hi t14388,

If you refer to the picture bottom (on the bottom left), you can see that the

1) LED strip surrounding our tv for our tv feature wall is operated by a switch (controlled by a LED driver) (C3 LED strip)

2) 2 LED strips for the open shelves are controlled by one LED driver (C1 LED strip) - connected in series

3) 2 LED strip for top & bottom display cabinets are controlled by one LED driver (C2 LED strip) - connected in series

Our Philips LED strips are not dimmable. :lol:

Hope all the above description asks your questions

2sb2xox.png

On 20 June 2016 at 11:30 PM, stray said:

Hi @duomaxwell, wanted to say a big thank you for your extremely detailed posts on where to source for items, it's been extremely helpful! 

Are these window grills dark grey in colour?

Hi stray,

Really glad that the posts are helpful to people :D

The window grills are dark green in colour as we understand there is a need to match the colours of our bedroom window grills

On 20 June 2016 at 11:07 PM, nba1333 said:

Hi,

Your house looks great! Mind sharing the breakdown of the quotation and invoice? Thank you so much :)

Hi,

PM Sent

Hi

Would you mind sharing how your ID running the LED Strip for living room display cabinets, using only one LED driver to run all the LED strip in series or in parallel, your LED strip is dimmable?

Thanks

On 18 January 2016 at 7:16 AM, duomaxwell said:

Day 20 (16th Jan) - Service Yard Window Installation

We did not managed to source for any manufacturer of service yard window. The only quote we had was from U-Gate when we were walking at one of the house renovation exhibition at expo.

U-Gate price was $580 for power coated and $520 for non-power coated 3 piece sliding windows

2zyzy88.jpg

We asked our ID for recommendation and he recommended Central Aluminium and ask me to liaise directly from them. initial quote by them was $650 :jawdrop: . Told my ID about it and ID managed to fight to for Central Aluminium to offer the same price as U-Gate at $580. :yeah: Decided to get from Central Aluminium as ID mention that they are one of the largest window manufacturer in Singapore.

2yxp6yf.jpg

Window installation was arranged on the 16th Jan after they send somebody to do on site measurement on the 6th Jan.

Windows all closed

28im5vk.jpg

Windows all open to one side

311qbfa.jpg

20b08sj.jpg

Quality looks better than the sample for U-Gate which we saw at Expo.

Hi @duomaxwell, wanted to say a big thank you for your extremely detailed posts on where to source for items, it's been extremely helpful! 

Are these window grills dark grey in colour?

5 hours ago, Raakesh Sundram said:

Hi,

Very nicely done up house. I m also getting my key real soon. but its for a resale flat. 

can you pm me your final quotation and invoices on your entire reno. I would like to see how much the cost of hacking walls cost, cabinets etc . theres alot of hacking involved for my house. Yikes..

Hi Raakesh,

PM Sent :)