Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi All,

Background of house - Resale flat and old tiles (small tiles)

20427484669_b8c02e6158_m.jpg

(Living Room Tiles)

20427576159_52dc756ea6_m.jpg

(Kitchen Tiles)

19991949174_a304555eea_m.jpg

(Condition of wall covered with wallpaper)

Due to budget constraint, would like to find out from anyone who had experienced with their resale flat living rm & kitchen overlayed with homogeneous tiles instead of hacking and laying it with 3-in-1 prepacked cement and tiles.

ID said better hack existing tiles and do up with new tiles then just overlaying it as new tiles might popped later due to:-

1) potential hollow space in old tiles

2) the moving of the soil etc...

Worse case scenario, was thinking of overlaying Living room with homogeneous tiles but hack the kitchen and re-do all the tiles.

So, needed advise badly for those who had overlayed their resale flat living rm and kitchen with homogeneous tiles

1) Has it popped so far?

2) Advisable to overlay living room and kitchen?

Last qns, 3) as the condition of the wall and ceiling is very original and 'raw', should I plaster the wall and not the ceiling?

All advise are welcome.

Many thanks in advance for the reply.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

my friend did advised me too & that it's better to play safe. Those homes that are around for more than 20 years, should hack and re-do the waterproofing as it can only last for 10-15years.

unless you're not intending to stay long.

but for wall can just do a cement overlay over the existing tiles

as im also looking for options to redo my kitchen & two toilets.

my living room i feel is fine to just overlay with vinyl flooring, but tiles maybe not.

still considering.

Hi, yes those ids told me the same thing too,

Above 10years house should hack m redo, if overlay no warranty. Tiles might pop up. Therefore I also hack n redo. Hacking fee costs a lump sum already. So Better play safe i think.

Hi, yes those ids told me the same thing too,

Above 10years house should hack m redo, if overlay no warranty. Tiles might pop up. Therefore I also hack n redo. Hacking fee costs a lump sum already. So Better play safe i think.

Hi how much to hack floor tiles and kitchen wall tiles and 2 toilets for the whole house?

I was advise to do overlay by ID to save cost. But how much saving are we talking about?

Hi how much to hack floor tiles and kitchen wall tiles and 2 toilets for the whole house?

I was advise to do overlay by ID to save cost. But how much saving are we talking about?

On average $2K-4K base on the 8 quotations i got from ids.