Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Teoh Lun

4Rm Bto @clementi Ridges

Guest Teoh Lun

Hello, this is where i will be documenting my home renovation planning and progress.

Our new home will be located in Clementi ave 6. This is a bto project called Clementi Ridges which was launched around april 2012 and TOP date is estimated to be around Q1 2016.

I welcome any suggestions, advice and feedback to help us build our dream home :)

med_gallery_71708_914_934.jpg

Floor Plan

gallery_71708_914_15083.jpg

Cheers,
Teoh

Edited by Teoh Lun

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Guest Teoh Lun

Here's my initial budget estimation. Please advise if there are any areas that I've missed or under budgeted.

gallery_71708_914_43421.jpg

Edited by Teoh Lun

Toilet accessories like towel rail, toilet roll holder, toiletries rack, hand spray etc can add to quite a bit. Unless u go TB.

Renovation cost depends on how much built in you require. The more carpentry, the more it will cost.

Guest Teoh Lun

Toilet accessories like towel rail, toilet roll holder, toiletries rack, hand spray etc can add to quite a bit. Unless u go TB.

Renovation cost depends on how much built in you require. The more carpentry, the more it will cost.

Thanks! updated my budget to add toilet accessories. I think overall should be less than 500 if i get it from Taobao.

Cheers,

Teoh

Guest Teoh Lun

Here are some of the items that we've purchased:

1. Mondaine Wall Clock

Mondaine makes the official Swiss railway clock. In 2012, Apple had to fork out 21 million in licensing fees because a clock face design in IOS 6 closely resembles this trademark design.

This 40cm diameter clock reminds us of the wonderful memories we had during our Switzerland trip :).

med_gallery_71708_914_616856.jpg

2. Hans Grohe (Bathroom Taps, Kitchen Tap, x2 Rain shower Pipe)

Bought these during the SG50 promotion at the Hans Grohe official retailer at Mohamed Sultan Rd.

As I’ve seen multiple posts on the forum where people had concerns or experienced low water output after installing rain shower in HDB, I was wary of getting one and risk facing the same problems too. However, my concerns were allayed after visiting the showroom test area where the water output can be demonstrated using different pressure levels. At 1 to 1.5 pressure level which is the average pressure for HDB, the output is still pretty good! :good:

gallery_71708_914_25923.jpg

gallery_71708_914_52081.jpg

gallery_71708_914_57113.jpg

3. Simmons Queen Size Bed

gallery_71708_914_42483.jpg

4. Miscellaneous stuff bought from Denmark trip

Dish scrubber

med_gallery_71708_914_41860.jpg

WMF chopping board

med_gallery_71708_914_123458.jpg

Rubber Coaster for pots & pans

med_gallery_71708_914_37586.jpg

Bodum Cups

med_gallery_71708_914_15857.jpg

Edited by Teoh Lun

Guest Teoh Lun

I see that you have already started to source for stuffs! I think you missed out the washing machine from your budget. Haha... good to source for IDs now because it can take very long to decide on one! All the best!

actually it's there. Samsung acti dualwash 899 sgd. :)

Ooh thanks for the tip on being able to go to the showroom and try out the hans grohe for ourselves, I might drag my husband there one weekend. We're quite undecided still on bathroom fittings.

You can choose LG instead of Roomba. Am using one for one year plus already. Bought at about SGD600.

Air fryer dont have to go for XL, unless cater for many pax or specifically want the color. Else the normal size is good enough.

Lighting, if all buy local for the whole house, including downlight etc. 1.4k maybe a bit tight.

Subject to what lighting you choose. Fancy designer look type may set you back about $300 up per light.

However, TB offers more and better option.

Will you consider gas heater? If yes, maybe can go for the gas heater and dryer package.

Overall cheaper in the long run than using all electricity.

Guest Teoh Lun

Ooh thanks for the tip on being able to go to the showroom and try out the hans grohe for ourselves, I might drag my husband there one weekend. We're quite undecided still on bathroom fittings.

they only have limited number of products at the test area though. The sales consultant there are very helpful and should be able to help you with most questions.

Guest Teoh Lun

You can choose LG instead of Roomba. Am using one for one year plus already. Bought at about SGD600.

Air fryer dont have to go for XL, unless cater for many pax or specifically want the color. Else the normal size is good enough.

Lighting, if all buy local for the whole house, including downlight etc. 1.4k maybe a bit tight.

Subject to what lighting you choose. Fancy designer look type may set you back about $300 up per light.

However, TB offers more and better option.

Will you consider gas heater? If yes, maybe can go for the gas heater and dryer package.

Overall cheaper in the long run than using all electricity.

thanks for the tip. I'll probably need to review the budget for lighting.

As for water heater, i'm still researching if there's a significant difference in water pressure between gas and storage heater when using rain shower.

As for water heater, i'm still researching if there's a significant difference in water pressure between gas and storage heater when using rain shower.

This is a never ending discussion. Some say high floor plays a part, some say low floor is the crucial factor. :dunno:

But give the new building, I think storage or gas makes no difference. Storage heater itself has no pump, so will not increase the presure in any sense.

End of the day, it is the source that makes the difference.

Guest Teoh Lun

This is a never ending discussion. Some say high floor plays a part, some say low floor is the crucial factor. :dunno:

But give the new building, I think storage or gas makes no difference. Storage heater itself has no pump, so will not increase the presure in any sense.

End of the day, it is the source that makes the difference.

yea i also think storage heater wont increase the pressure too. Man, we need the mythbusters to find out the truth!

Guest Teoh Lun

yea i also think storage heater wont increase the pressure too. Man, we need the mythbusters to find out the truth!

after doing some read up, it looks like storage heater should be the best option for rain shower.

the flow rate between storage, gas and electric heater differs. gas and electric heater has a lower flow rate because of the need to heat up a constant stream of water. If the flow rate is too high, the heater may not be able to heat up the water fast enough. Storage heater heats up water before use therefore does not have any flow rate restrictions

Bro, at the Hangrohe shop, did they say that the rain shower can be used without storage heater, ie just by hdb pipes? Like what you say, the storage heater is always advised for rain shower...

the flow rate between storage, gas and electric heater differs. gas and electric heater has a lower flow rate because of the need to heat up a constant stream of water. If the flow rate is too high, the heater may not be able to heat up the water fast enough. Storage heater heats up water before use therefore does not have any flow rate restrictions

As mentioned, this is a never ending discussion.

Coming from first hand experience, using gas heater, staying mid -high floor, distance between heater and rainshower approx. 10m and the shower head is 8 inch OD, the water supply is strong and hot for usage. :good:

Just to note also, my rain shower is not those conventional "set" rain shower, it is a rain shower head with seperate pipeline run.