Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ritztoffeechoco

Recommendations For Good Quality Lighting Shop

Any fellow forumers have recommendations on local good quality lighting shop?

As I'm always travelling for work and my darling wife can't even differentiate E14 and E27 bulbs, so I need to make sure that my light fixture are durable and doesn't cause me much problem. I've heard too many stories from my friends regarding their flickering lights, or blown bulbs, or dimmed lighting shortly after moving in.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Highly recommend House of Chandelier. Generally I find their lights cheaper from those I see at Balestier, and they provide 2 years onsite warranty. The boss from House of Chandelier also assured me that if their lights are not of good quality, they also won't dare to give 2 years onsite warranty. And indeed, it has been 1 year plus since I've gotten my whole place lights from them. So far no issue.

i got my lamps from LikeLights, they are mainly dealing with commercial project and they sell to end-users at wholesale price. Design is very forward like those u see in very hip restaurants. After spending 2 days along Balestier & Geylang, seeing the same tacky stuff over and over again. this shop is really different. they have very small selection but they are only scandinavian or industrial or designer lamp. overall price is cheap and quality is very good cos they are commercial grade and commercial price.

otherwise i would recommend hip van and etch&bolts if you dare to take rise from online shop. they are have also very cool ones.

Edited by dr.tran

Thanks for sharing about LikeLights, but they really have very small selection. I'm not too into scandi and industrial lights. Whole world doing it now. Feels like a fab that won't last. I would rather go for more modern classic design. Also, can't seem to find much info about their warranty too.

Edited by ritztoffeechoco

Highly recommend House of Chandelier. Generally I find their lights cheaper from those I see at Balestier, and they provide 2 years onsite warranty. The boss from House of Chandelier also assured me that if their lights are not of good quality, they also won't dare to give 2 years onsite warranty. And indeed, it has been 1 year plus since I've gotten my whole place lights from them. So far no issue.

Thanks for sharing House of Chandelier. They do looks promising. 2 years onsite warranty sounds perfect for me! At least I wouldn't worry about my wife nagging at me while I'm overseas if there's anything wrong with the lights. Can PM me their contact? TIA

Thanks for sharing House of Chandelier. They do looks promising. 2 years onsite warranty sounds perfect for me! At least I wouldn't worry about my wife nagging at me while I'm overseas if there's anything wrong with the lights. Can PM me their contact? TIA

Donno why I can't pm you. You can try googling for them. Should be able to find their page.

i bought from lightings.com.sg..

they carry mostly Philips product..

and please avoid *** in Balestier..

they're really terrible....

Not considering Philips. Warranty need to carry in to their service centre. Too much of a hassle.

Thanks AngelinaLee, I've gotten in touch with House of Chandelier. Quite impressed by their service, and most importantly the 2 years onsite warranty. Have already placed deposit with them.

On 18/02/2016 at 2:52 AM, ritztoffeechoco said:

Not considering Philips. Warranty need to carry in to their service centre. Too much of a hassle.

Thanks AngelinaLee, I've gotten in touch with House of Chandelier. Quite impressed by their service, and most importantly the 2 years onsite warranty. Have already placed deposit with them.

I'm interested in getting from there too. Any updates on after sales service?

On 29/02/2016 at 4:42 AM, filabit said:

I'm interested in getting from there too. Any updates on after sales service?

So far still good. I've received my lights in good condition and got them installed. I'm going to move in very soon. Will post an update here in a few months time.

Highly recommend EG Lightings. facebook.com/eglighting Chanced upon it on facebook and decided to visit them. Definitely an impressive store despite their store size. 

Nice shop in the east. Needed lighting for the whole house - 4RM BTO. Settled in under 30 min - never pressured to buy anything, the person made excellent and practical recommendations. Was served by Shi Kai and Thomas. Impressive knowledge. Very reasonable price. Personally would recommend getting from reliable stores like them. 

What impressed me was the after-sales service. Needed to ask some questions. They responded almost immediately!