Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
11 hours ago, pipsqueak said:

Hi @Zech Koh our renovations are between 35k - 40k.

Our glass panel between the kitchen and dining room will be fixed, are you planning for a fixed or sliding type? 

@pipsqueak, I was thinking of sliding type panel, but also considering semi open kitchen without panel.

Anyways still have some months before TOP so am taking the time to go through this forum for ideas. 

I like what you have done with your reno so far! Keep the pictures coming!

Hi there,

Can you share Nick's contact? I'm interested in engaging a contractor instead of an ID hopefully to save some money. 

Has there been any concerns during the Reno process? And does Nick update you with photos of the Reno process? 

Thank you! Love how you are using concrete for your sinks :) 

Hey pipsqueak,

I am getting my BTO in Q3 2016. Not sure if its too early to get ID/Contractor but anyways my wife n I are already looking around. We are not too sure to get ID or contractor. Some say contractor cheaper but not very reliable. Some say ID more trustworhty but still depend on luck. Unfortunately I travel for my work so visiting IDs is a bit of a luxury for me. Have been relying on this forum for recommendations actually. From your experience so far is Nick reliable? if he is then he is definitely someone i would like to engage as i cant reallly monitor the reno progress. Do share with me his contact if you strongly recommend him yeah.

Also whats the rough budget for your reno so far? I see that u got evorich flooring. How does the coordination works? Nick will liase with evorich or u need to arrange urself?

Hi Pipsqueak,

May I ask what type of glass are you using for your glass panel? Tempered glass, laminated glass? Can I know how much it cost for that too?

On 4/28/2016 at 8:01 PM, Zech Koh said:

@pipsqueak, I was thinking of sliding type panel, but also considering semi open kitchen without panel.

Anyways still have some months before TOP so am taking the time to go through this forum for ideas. 

I like what you have done with your reno so far! Keep the pictures coming!

@Zech Koh ohh semi open in the sense similar to just a bar counter? i thought of sliding panels too but figured i wouldn't slide open the panels very often hence i decided to leave it fixed haha. it's great to keep your options open though! :) looking forward to your reno process when the time comes!

On 4/28/2016 at 9:38 PM, psyche7 said:

Hi there,

Can you share Nick's contact? I'm interested in engaging a contractor instead of an ID hopefully to save some money. 

Has there been any concerns during the Reno process? And does Nick update you with photos of the Reno process? 

Thank you! Love how you are using concrete for your sinks :) 

@psyche7 hey you can contact Nick at +65 9690 7887.  You can refer to the below reply for my reno process with Nick so far, although i would say it is still a bit premature in the renovations to evaluate him. Thanks for the compliment too :) 

On 4/29/2016 at 4:48 PM, huggermonster said:

Hey pipsqueak,

I am getting my BTO in Q3 2016. Not sure if its too early to get ID/Contractor but anyways my wife n I are already looking around. We are not too sure to get ID or contractor. Some say contractor cheaper but not very reliable. Some say ID more trustworhty but still depend on luck. Unfortunately I travel for my work so visiting IDs is a bit of a luxury for me. Have been relying on this forum for recommendations actually. From your experience so far is Nick reliable? if he is then he is definitely someone i would like to engage as i cant reallly monitor the reno progress. Do share with me his contact if you strongly recommend him yeah.

Also whats the rough budget for your reno so far? I see that u got evorich flooring. How does the coordination works? Nick will liase with evorich or u need to arrange urself?

@huggermonster hey you can contact Nick at +65 9690 7887. My honest opinion is that Nick is a reliable contractor who you can count on to to do a good job with co-ordinating for your renovations and he is mostly prompt in answering my questions (although sometimes he does leave me hanging for awhile because he is not sure how to answer) and definitely not one of those contractors who will MIA after collecting your money. However, he is different in the sense that he will be very casual and upfront with you about everything, including payments and discussing about renovations. He explicitly states up front that he does not give receipts for payments and even his quotations to you may not be super detailed (there was one time where he forgot to include additional work costs into his quotation..end up he would have lugi-ed if not for my honesty ahha)..but that's part of his character. Recently, he also did not pass me the drawings for my carpentry despite a few reminders because he's busy with quite a few ongoing projects (on the plus side, he is always on site with the workers). He's not the type who would also send frequent photo updates and I didn't expect that from him as i would prefer to go down and check out the progress in person. With that said, he can provide design inputs (although in the end I followed my own designs instead) and will talk about potential problems as you are discussing about the renovations for your house and I liked that about him which is why I chose him. Yes, he can also liaise with Evorich for us as he also works with them, though we have yet to do that. 

In conclusion, I would say that he has his flaws but he's good for us. Perhaps you can check back again with me when we are further in with our renovations. :) 

On 5/4/2016 at 11:48 AM, Starrain said:

Hi Pipsqueak,

May I ask what type of glass are you using for your glass panel? Tempered glass, laminated glass? Can I know how much it cost for that too?

Hi @Starrain i just checked with Nick and he said that it's normal glass. I was quoted less than 1k for a half height L shape glass panel with aluminium black frame. Hope this helps. 

On 5/4/2016 at 7:59 PM, lifeissimple said:

Hi, did u bought the herf from evorich? How much did they charge u per sq ft? 

Hey @lifeissimple yes actually this was a rather impulsive buy during the Evorich anniversary sale (I think it was a marketing gimmick lol) - i bought it at $6psf nett. Did u manage to get it cheaper? 

for your concrete sink, are you planning to install doors or leave it expose like that?

able to share your quotation from nick?

15 hours ago, rxgn said:

for your concrete sink, are you planning to install doors or leave it expose like that?

able to share your quotation from nick?

Hi @rxgn I will be leaving it exposed and slotting in straw baskets/similar to store toiletries/cleaners. 

Sorry I'm not comfortable sharing my quote, hope u understand. If it helps, my renovations are between 35k - 40k range. 

noted with thanks.

i will do concrete sink for both toilets just like you.. hoping to see more pictures of your overall house..

30 minutes ago, rxgn said:

noted with thanks.

i will do concrete sink for both toilets just like you.. hoping to see more pictures of your overall house..

Sure, will update when we have made further progress with our renovations. :) At the moment we are still confirming our carpentry. Looking forward to your t-blog too when the time comes!

U just bought the package from evorich recently or? I got it at $6 too... Mine was an impulse purchase too! Hai! But my friends who did them says is worth it.. 

Edited by lifeissimple

On 5/11/2016 at 2:12 PM, pipsqueak said:

Hi @Starrain i just checked with Nick and he said that it's normal glass. I was quoted less than 1k for a half height L shape glass panel with aluminium black frame. Hope this helps. 

Thanks for your info. Love to see more picture of your renovation process! Also love seeing your profile deer pic It's a chio deer :wub:

Edited by Starrain