Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
althevin

Wood, Copper and More Wood

2 hours ago, p31j1n said:

Thanks for the detailed writeup on the IDs! Really useful for someone like me still sourcing our for IDs. Who is the ID you met at Halls Interior? We are also considering Artistroom do u mind if u send me the quotation? Many thanks!

sent you a PM

On 29/04/2016 at 7:02 AM, dukebluedevil said:

All very exciting! Blank canvas for your dream house! 

yeah! can't wait for our ideas to materialise :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Reno Progress: Week 3

The following have been done:

Week 1: hacking and clearing of debris

Week 2: wetworks started / electrical points laid

Currently we're onto our 3rd week of renovations, hollow brick walls are up and hacked walls have been made good, but other wise there's nothing much to show. Will visit this weekend and take some shots of what has been done so far.

We've been shopping for furnishings since we received the keys, and it's tough to make decisions with the vast number of choices out there. Sometimes it gets so overwhelming, we wonder if we (and when I saw we, I mean it's mostly me as my wife doesn't seem to be as particular) are overthinking things. Anyway here are some of the purchases we've made so far:

Kitchen Sink and Faucet:  Blanco Silgrant Naya 6 sink In Anthracite & Blanco Linus-S faucet in Anthracite.

UEipaY.jpg

Initially we wanted a SS sink & faucet, but decided on this after deciding to incorporate black into our house. It's a 60cm single bowl, which should give us a little bit more counter-top space. When you have a small kitchen, every bit counts! Purchased from Hoe Kee. This sink seems to be really popular, it's sold out and stocks are only expected in mid-June, which thankfully fits into our reno schedule.

Sofa: Hannah Sofa from Bolia.com

9JI8JY.jpg

Yep, we got ourselves a pink sofa. Time will tell if the colour choice is a good decision! Decided on an open ended sofa as it adds to the length of our living room, allows us to lie down for post meal naps, and acts as an additional seat when we have guests over. Purchased from Kuhl Home, they bring in furniture from Bolia.com. Only down side is each piece is made to order, and it takes 3-4 months time from the order for the item to be delivered.

Lights: VP1 Flowerpot in Copper

MGoJBc.jpg

See that cute looking lamp in copper? It was love as first sight: my wife loves copper, and I love the whimsical design of the lamp. We spotted it at Grafunkt where it was retailing for...A LOT. The price tag may have halted our dreams of owning it, but we were relentless; we called upon our online shopping expertise and put our googling skills to the test. Ultimately, we were rewarded and managing to find it online on Scandinavian Design Center for much lesser. That got us really excited...and that's how we ended up buying the most expensive light in our entire home :D

I highly recommend everyone to check out Scandinavian Design Center if you're a fan of Nordic design and brands - they offer free shipping to Singapore for purchases above USD100, and prices are usually cheaper than what it retails for locally.

Next up: Some Tiling works (hopefully!)

Edited by althevin

Much Ado Agrout Nothing

We're into the 4th week of renovations, and so far everything has been relatively smooth. Our ID has been really flexible and has accommodated all our last minute changes/requests to the design plan, we can't really complain about his level of service :)

Wet works are almost done, most of the cement screed has bee completed and tiles in the kitchen and toilets are almost done.

IFVBhA.jpg

common toilet
wall: subway tiles, the plan is to finish it white grouting should be done by this weekend
floor: grey tiles (my mum commented it looks like dirty concrete)

Nd7P5H.jpg

Kitchen
Backsplash: my favourite tiled area :) We chose textured rhombus tiles, to give a 3d effect. I must say it looks better than we imagined. We're only tiling the backsplash, the rest of the kitchen walls will be painted. The kitchen floor tiles will be the same as the common toilet floor tiles.

Y8cZZD.jpg

Here's a close up of the tiles, each comes in a random shade of grey, with a random pattern. Yes, it's probably not the best choice for a kitchen backsplash and we are prepared for grease and oil to be trapped in the tiles :P

gzLH8l.jpg

Hexagon tiles for the masterbedroom toilet, which should be completed this weekend as well.

The tiling decisions we made were definitely based more on aesthetics, and I would dare say not suitable for most families. We're a new couple who do not cook often, and even when we do it's simple and not oil/frying intensive. Basically, love for beautiful tiles > functionality haha. We only choose tiles for the kitchen and toilets as the rest of the floor will be covered in wood.

Advice for all who are planning their renovations, try to get your ID to go tile shopping with you. Most of the time a 2nd opinion always comes in handy. When choosing tiles take as many samples as you can, and take your time to decide. Do place the wall and floor tiles together to see how it will look, and do factor in the type of light you plan to use for the tiled area, tiles look different when placed under different lights (warm vs cool lights). And always ask the sales person if there are additional discounts or tiles going on sale, some of the discounted tiles may just be what you want. We were cheapo and asked to see tiles on discount, that's how we scored our floor tiles for 50% off :D 

We purchased our tiles from the following shops:
Rice Fields: kitchen backsplash, kitchen and common toilet floor (great place for tiles, look for Jessica if you visit. Her service and recommendations are top notch)
Hafary: subway tile for common and master bedroom walls
An Huat: Hexagon tiles for the master bedroom toilet

Next: How I spent more money (on sanitary ware)

Love your kitchen backsplash and honeycomb mosaics! Initially I really wanted to choose the honeycomb mosaics but I am afraid of cleaning the grout lines. Excited to see how it turns out :wub:

13 hours ago, althevin said:

Much Ado Agrout Nothing

We're into the 4th week of renovations, and so far everything has been relatively smooth. Our ID has been really flexible and has accommodated all our last minute changes/requests to the design plan, we can't really complain about his level of service :)

Wet works are almost done, most of the cement screed has bee completed and tiles in the kitchen and toilets are almost done.

IFVBhA.jpg

common toilet
wall: subway tiles, the plan is to finish it white grouting should be done by this weekend
floor: grey tiles (my mum commented it looks like dirty concrete)

Nd7P5H.jpg

Kitchen
Backsplash: my favourite tiled area :) We chose textured rhombus tiles, to give a 3d effect. I must say it looks better than we imagined. We're only tiling the backsplash, the rest of the kitchen walls will be painted. The kitchen floor tiles will be the same as the common toilet floor tiles.

Y8cZZD.jpg

Here's a close up of the tiles, each comes in a random shade of grey, with a random pattern. Yes, it's probably not the best choice for a kitchen backsplash and we are prepared for grease and oil to be trapped in the tiles :P

gzLH8l.jpg

Hexagon tiles for the masterbedroom toilet, which should be completed this weekend as well.

The tiling decisions we made were definitely based more on aesthetics, and I would dare say not suitable for most families. We're a new couple who do not cook often, and even when we do it's simple and not oil/frying intensive. Basically, love for beautiful tiles > functionality haha. We only choose tiles for the kitchen and toilets as the rest of the floor will be covered in wood.

Advice for all who are planning their renovations, try to get your ID to go tile shopping with you. Most of the time a 2nd opinion always comes in handy. When choosing tiles take as many samples as you can, and take your time to decide. Do place the wall and floor tiles together to see how it will look, and do factor in the type of light you plan to use for the tiled area, tiles look different when placed under different lights (warm vs cool lights). And always ask the sales person if there are additional discounts or tiles going on sale, some of the discounted tiles may just be what you want. We were cheapo and asked to see tiles on discount, that's how we scored our floor tiles for 50% off :D 

We purchased our tiles from the following shops:
Rice Fields: kitchen backsplash, kitchen and common toilet floor (great place for tiles, look for Jessica if you visit. Her service and recommendations are top notch)
Hafary: subway tile for common and master bedroom walls
An Huat: Hexagon tiles for the master bedroom toilet

Next: How I spent more money (on sanitary ware)

Wow! Your rhombus tiles are so cool!

If you're worried about grout you can try and find grout sealant in the DIY shops. I intend to seal my backsplash with grout sealant as well. Dunno what other brands are being carried in Singapore but I saw a HG brand super protector for wall and floor grout at a Home DIY shop before.

On 13/05/2016 at 9:48 AM, lalashir said:

Love your kitchen backsplash and honeycomb mosaics! Initially I really wanted to choose the honeycomb mosaics but I am afraid of cleaning the grout lines. Excited to see how it turns out :wub:

Thank you! I think that's where most of our tiling budget went to haha.That's the warning our parents gave us, but I guess you can put our decision down to the naivety of
 the first time home owners. We might just regret it in a couple of years :P

On 13/05/2016 at 2:31 PM, ricepapergirl said:

Wow! Your rhombus tiles are so cool!

If you're worried about grout you can try and find grout sealant in the DIY shops. I intend to seal my backsplash with grout sealant as well. Dunno what other brands are being carried in Singapore but I saw a HG brand super protector for wall and floor grout at a Home DIY shop before.

Thanks! We love it so much, we ended up choosing all the other tiles to match the backsplash. We used mapei grouting for the backsplash, which hopefully should negate the need for a grout sealant. Maybe I'll just check with my ID again, thanks for the heads up!

All That Shines Is Not Gold

Another week of renovations done, and our wetworks are finally completed. Took a total of 4 weeks, but we're happy with what we see so far. All the tiles have been covered up for protection, so no new photos of the house!

But what really got me excited today was...the arrival of our sanitary wares! Both our toilets will be fitted with lovely, sparkling, shiny Hansgrohe :P

The initial plan was to outfit our master bedroom toilet with nice, sparkling Hansgrohe and buy cheaper alternatives for the common toilet. After trawling the shops along Jalan Besar, we realised that the "cheaper" alternatives weren't that cheap after all, and for a small top up we could purchase Hansgrohe online.

We had 2 options for our online purchases: xtwostore and insani24.

xtwostore - Pros: easier to navigate, larger selection of items. Cons: most of the items were not in stock, and needed 1-2 weeks to be shipped out, expensive shipping
insani24 - Pros: cheaper shipping, items we wanted were all in stock. Cons: items are slightly more expensive, additional surcharge for using PayPal

As both sites deduct VAT off the prices, we ordered form insani24 as they had he items we wanted in stock, and shipping was a whole EUR100 cheaper. I've heard bad reviews for xtwostore where delivery was delayed for months due to backorders, and we didn't want to take that risk of having to delay the handover for sanitary fixtures. Insani24 is really efficient, my items were shipped the next working day and it took just 10 days for the items to be delivered! Only drawback was that the items were not packaged very well, and by that I mean my items were sent in  a normal cardboard box with older cardboard fillers was used to package the items. Despite the box almost falling apart when it arrived, all my items arrived in great condition, save for some of the external packaging which was dented. But who cares about packaging! I'm just glad I got my Hansgrohe at a discount :D

Common Bathroom Items:
Logis Basin Tap - https://insani24.de/Hansgrohe-Logis-70-Waschtischmischer-mit-Ablaufgarnitur-chrom
Logis Bath Mixer - https://insani24.de/Hansgrohe-Logis-Einhebel-Wannenmischer-Aufputz-chrom
Crometta 100 Shower - https://insani24.de/Hansgrohe-Crometta-100-Vario-Unica-650mm-Brausenset-weiss-chrom

Master Bathroom Items:
Rainshower 120 S - https://insani24.de/Hansgrohe-Brausenset-Raindance-Select-S-120-UnicaS-Puro-900mm-chrom
Metris Basin Tap - https://insani24.de/Hansgrohe-Metris-Waschtischmischer-260-Highriser-ohne-Ablaufgarnitur-chrom
Metris Shower Mixer - https://insani24.de/Hansgrohe-Metris-Brausenmischer-Aufputz-chrom

Now, all that's left is to get our WCs. We're still undecided, but does anyone have any review for the Baron 888 Model? That's the #1 pick for us right now in terms of design and price. We really love the Toto WCs but our budget may not allow for it, not after all that Hansgrohe hahaha!

I bought the Baron W888 with UF-05 seat cover. Been using for 6 months and I have no complaint about it. No problem with flushing power. Soft closing is great. You can see my installed pic from my tblog.

8 hours ago, althevin said:

All That Shines Is Not Gold

Another week of renovations done, and our wetworks are finally completed. Took a total of 4 weeks, but we're happy with what we see so far. All the tiles have been covered up for protection, so no new photos of the house!

But what really got me excited today was...the arrival of our sanitary wares! Both our toilets will be fitted with lovely, sparkling, shiny Hansgrohe :P

The initial plan was to outfit our master bedroom toilet with nice, sparkling Hansgrohe and buy cheaper alternatives for the common toilet. After trawling the shops along Jalan Besar, we realised that the "cheaper" alternatives weren't that cheap after all, and for a small top up we could purchase Hansgrohe online.

We had 2 options for our online purchases: xtwostore and insani24.

xtwostore - Pros: easier to navigate, larger selection of items. Cons: most of the items were not in stock, and needed 1-2 weeks to be shipped out, expensive shipping
insani24 - Pros: cheaper shipping, items we wanted were all in stock. Cons: items are slightly more expensive, additional surcharge for using PayPal

As both sites deduct VAT off the prices, we ordered form insani24 as they had he items we wanted in stock, and shipping was a whole EUR100 cheaper. I've heard bad reviews for xtwostore where delivery was delayed for months due to backorders, and we didn't want to take that risk of having to delay the handover for sanitary fixtures. Insani24 is really efficient, my items were shipped the next working day and it took just 10 days for the items to be delivered! Only drawback was that the items were not packaged very well, and by that I mean my items were sent in  a normal cardboard box with older cardboard fillers was used to package the items. Despite the box almost falling apart when it arrived, all my items arrived in great condition, save for some of the external packaging which was dented. But who cares about packaging! I'm just glad I got my Hansgrohe at a discount :D

Common Bathroom Items:
Logis Basin Tap - https://insani24.de/Hansgrohe-Logis-70-Waschtischmischer-mit-Ablaufgarnitur-chrom
Logis Bath Mixer - https://insani24.de/Hansgrohe-Logis-Einhebel-Wannenmischer-Aufputz-chrom
Crometta 100 Shower - https://insani24.de/Hansgrohe-Crometta-100-Vario-Unica-650mm-Brausenset-weiss-chrom

Master Bathroom Items:
Rainshower 120 S - https://insani24.de/Hansgrohe-Brausenset-Raindance-Select-S-120-UnicaS-Puro-900mm-chrom
Metris Basin Tap - https://insani24.de/Hansgrohe-Metris-Waschtischmischer-260-Highriser-ohne-Ablaufgarnitur-chrom
Metris Shower Mixer - https://insani24.de/Hansgrohe-Metris-Brausenmischer-Aufputz-chrom

Now, all that's left is to get our WCs. We're still undecided, but does anyone have any review for the Baron 888 Model? That's the #1 pick for us right now in terms of design and price. We really love the Toto WCs but our budget may not allow for it, not after all that Hansgrohe hahaha!

Oh! I had a great experience with Xtwostore, but glad you had a good experience with insani24! Same for us, my husband looked at the prices of the supposedly cheaper brands and was like, eh they are not that much cheaper anyway (really love the series that people are advertising as made in Italy and we're like.... made in Italy doesn't mean much...) so we decided to get all Hansgrohe for our bathrooms as well!

Hi, thanks a lot for sharing your renovation. The tiles look amazing and i can't wait to see what your house will finally look like!

Could you PM me your ID and quote for your renovation? thanks!

On 4/27/2016 at 1:49 AM, althevin said:

The headache of selecting an ID

We chose the IDs from friend's recommendations, the Qanvast app and surfing portfolios on Qanvast. Although our friends advised to get the IDs to meet us at our convenience, we tried to always make the trip down to their offices to get a better feel of their design aesthetic. We prepared a package containing the floor plan, mood board pictures and design requirements and sent it out to the various IDs

1st Round:

1) Metamorph Design - The first ID to reply to our inquiry. Met the boss who was patient and understanding: we mistook the office address and as a result were late for the appointment by an hour. He showed us a couple of his previous works which would fit our style, and addressed the list of requirements we had sent. One of the few IDs who bothered to read through our brief prior the the meeting. Arranged for a 2nd meeting to look at their design.

2) Association - We were really looking forward to meeting them, especially after looking at their portfolio. We really hit it off with the boss, he understood our design requirements and we felt that his style was the closest to what we were looking for. It helps that we like their office decor :) Unfortunately, his design fee was really high and he recommended that we take up one of his other IDs. He assured us that he oversees all their work, and that they share similar design styles. Arranged for a 2nd meeting to look at their design.

3) Fuse Concepts - Decided to meet them as we thought their portfolios looked good. ID was responsive in arranging for the meetings, even when we had to reschedule due to a last minute emergency. Unfortunately, that's the only positive point. The ID did not read the details, and without discussing any design or layout we were pushed towards materials and design selections that we did not like (which we had stated very clearly in our inquiry email). ID insisted on a second appointment instead of adhering to our request of sending the quotation, and we decided not to follow up with them.

4) Artistroom - Came recommended by a friend who had used them for their BTO reno. First impression was not the best, the ID was late by over an hour, and did not make any attempt to contact us. However, he did redeem himself by rushing down to a location at our convenience, and he seemed truly apologetic throughout the meeting. We were impressed by some of his past works, and liked that he was open to all our ideas. Arranged for a 2nd meeting to look at his design.

5) EightyTwo - We really wanted to like them. We liked their portfolio, and they were recommended by a friend. The ID we met supposedly had the top sales for the month (according to their notice board), but he was horrible at communication. He basically shot down all of our ideas by stating why they would not work, and proceeded to give suggestions which did not meet or requirements. For some strange reason we decided to make an 2nd appointment, in the small chance we might be wrong about them.

6) 3D Conceptwerks - Heard good things about them, and were impressed by the ID's knowledge. Had a really long first meeting and where he shared quite a bit on the renovation details. He gave us a few good ideas as well, and by the end of the first round of meetings, he was a clear favourite. Arranged a 2nd appointment.

7) Halls Interior - We didn't get a response from them via their company email, and decided to re-send the mail to the direct email of one of the partners. We got a response the next day and made an appointment to meet in town, as by this time we were really tired from traveling to their offices. He was the most opinionated ID, and was the only one who asked if we were ok for him to make a brand new design, based on what he thought was the best. We decided to let him try, and agreed for a 2nd meeting at his office.

OUT: Fuse Concepts

2nd Round

1) Metamorph Design - met up with the boss and a new junior ID, whom would be in charge of our reno. They did up some 3D renderings based on our requirements, which really helped us visualise the spaces. However, we felt that they didn't really get our design and we didn't have much of a connection with the junior ID. Quotation price was acceptable, their prices are not the lowest in the mkt but not as high as the others we met. Decided not to follow up with them.

2) Association - met with the junior ID and has a short chat before the boss joined us for the meeting. We were shown 2 possible layouts, both of which made good use of the space while considering our design requirements. A rough figure was given to us, and we had to press them after the meeting before they provided us with a detailed quotation. Apparently the project manager is in charge of the costing, while the ID is solely in charge of the design work. We were disappointed that nothing on design was shown, but decided to continue to consider them due to their strong portfolio.

4) Artistroom - We were shown their suggested layout, which did not meet our requirements but we were impressed by their attention to detail. However, they impressed us with their layout so much, to the extent that we actually changed some of the ideas we had previously. Arranged for a 3rd meeting for them to incorporate some changes into the layout plan.

5) EightyTwo - Our 2nd appointment ended in 20 minutes. All his suggestions were waaaay off from what we wanted, and he had no prepared any quotation for us. We ended the meeting quicky and decided not to follow up with them. In all, we had the worst experience with this ID. His listening and communication skills need a lot of work.

6) 3D Conceptwerks - had a fruitful appointment, we liked some of the suggested ideas but ultimately did not decide to follow up with them because of: 1) the cost: they are the MOST EXPENSIVE; 2) lack of suggestions - despite being knowledgeable, the ID refrained from making any suggestions and would only mention the pros and cons of every decision. We decided that we would prefer someone who was experienced and confident enough to push for their choices, as we can be pretty indecisive ourselves.

7) Halls Interior - the dark horse of the lot. Their office is beautifully decorated, and we were really impressed by the ID who was the only person to show us drawings at the 2nd meeting. He had taken the effort to draw our views of every single room in our house! We must have spent almost 2 hours discussing everything, all the way from the layout to possible material selection. He even took the time to show and explain to us the different catalogues. We felt that he really went above and beyond what we expected from a 2nd meeting. Decided to meet up a 3rd time to look at a revised layout

OUT: Metamorph Design, EightyTwo, 3D conceptweks

The Final Round!

2) Association - had a few email communications where we had to chase for clarifications on the quotation, which we then realised was not very detailed and did not include costs like sanitary installations and cost of new doors (which we did request for). As much as we like their portfolio, the lack of attention to detail (3D drawings were only upon request, and charagable) put us off. In addition, we didn't have much of a connection with the junior ID, who was completely overshadowed by her boss. She must have said at most 5 sentences in the entire hour of the last meeting.

7) Halls Interior - They came a very, very close second. We would highly recommend them to anyone! Their costs are on the high side but still reasonable, and they have a top notch atitude towards the project and their clients. We clicked well with the ID (he's one of the partners) and felt that he could manage the reno well. The only thing that worked against him was that his design style was not what we were looking for, they tend to veer towards a modern design which was not what we wanted. We felt that there was a small, tiny possibility that there might be misunderstandings along the way, which was why we eventually chose...

ARTISTROOM -  Their attention to details and willingness to listen and incorporate different ideas made them a top choice. What won us over and made us choose them over Halls Interior was the fact that we clicked better with the ID, and that he had a similar design style to what we were looking for. It also helped that they did a wonderful job for my friend's place, which was featured in a couple of publications. We liked that their quotation was super comprehensive and detailed, to avoid us being hit with additional costs halfway through the renovation (which is never a nice thing to experience).

A pretty lengthy post, but I wanted to type our experience shopping for an ID as it was not a easy thing to decide on. Basically we spent a 2 months having multiple meetings every weekend, which meant traveling to and fro from our current home in the west to their offices (which are never in the west), before we could narrow down our choices. I was glad we started the search for the ID early, and managed to confirm our choice even before our 2nd appointment. That gave us a lot of time to reconsider our design requirements, do additional research (on renotalk :P) and to consider new ideas.

Next up: Our new layout!

Hi,

Possible to share with me your experience with Artistroom and also if possible pm me your quote.

Thanks much.

On 25/05/2016 at 11:31 AM, kamitani7 said:

Hi,

Possible to share with me your experience with Artistroom and also if possible pm me your quote.

Thanks much.

me interested to know as well

On 19/05/2016 at 3:48 AM, andotang said:

I bought the Baron W888 with UF-05 seat cover. Been using for 6 months and I have no complaint about it. No problem with flushing power. Soft closing is great. You can see my installed pic from my tblog.

thanks! It looks great, we'll probably be going with the same option as well. We were considering toto but...the price!

On 19/05/2016 at 8:57 AM, ricepapergirl said:

Oh! I had a great experience with Xtwostore, but glad you had a good experience with insani24! Same for us, my husband looked at the prices of the supposedly cheaper brands and was like, eh they are not that much cheaper anyway (really love the series that people are advertising as made in Italy and we're like.... made in Italy doesn't mean much...) so we decided to get all Hansgrohe for our bathrooms as well!

Yeah the "made in" tag doesn't mean that much nowadays, it just indicates the final location where the item was finished. I would rather go for a established brand with good quality control and a proven reputation. It was actually your post on Hansgrohe that made me consider getting a better brand, so I have you to thank for my beautiful taps :D

On 25/05/2016 at 11:31 AM, kamitani7 said:

Hi,

Thanks much.

On 26/05/2016 at 1:16 PM, d3n said:

me interested to know as well

hi kamitani7 & d3n,

I won't be sharing my quote as it will differ greatly depending on the requirements of your renovation and I believe it won't be as useful as a comparison tool. I would suggest meeting the different IDs with the same requirements, and from there you can do a direct comparison. That's what I did anyway.

We're about 50% done with the renovation and so far the experience has been positive. Our ID is responsive and gets things done (with a little delay sometimes), and offers good suggestions and opinions.

Price wise, I would say that Artistroom are priced above average and tend to favour the better (and more expensive) contractors/suppliers, but they aren't the most expensive ID around. You do get what you pay for, so far the work done has been great and I've no complaints about the wet works. Can't comment on carpentry as that isn't done yet!

Hope this helps!

Alvin

On 20/05/2016 at 4:35 PM, Chewie91 said:

Hi, thanks a lot for sharing your renovation. The tiles look amazing and i can't wait to see what your house will finally look like!

Could you PM me your ID and quote for your renovation? thanks!

Hi Chewie91,

missed out your post, pls see my earlier reply to kamitani7 & d3n :)

1 hour ago, althevin said:

thanks! It looks great, we'll probably be going with the same option as well. We were considering toto but...the price!

Yeah the "made in" tag doesn't mean that much nowadays, it just indicates the final location where the item was finished. I would rather go for a established brand with good quality control and a proven reputation. It was actually your post on Hansgrohe that made me consider getting a better brand, so I have you to thank for my beautiful taps :D

hi kamitani7 & d3n,

I won't be sharing my quote as it will differ greatly depending on the requirements of your renovation and I believe it won't be as useful as a comparison tool. I would suggest meeting the different IDs with the same requirements, and from there you can do a direct comparison. That's what I did anyway.

We're about 50% done with the renovation and so far the experience has been positive. Our ID is responsive and gets things done (with a little delay sometimes), and offers good suggestions and opinions.

Price wise, I would say that Artistroom are priced above average and tend to favour the better (and more expensive) contractors/suppliers, but they aren't the most expensive ID around. You do get what you pay for, so far the work done has been great and I've no complaints about the wet works. Can't comment on carpentry as that isn't done yet!

Hope this helps!

Alvin

Hi Alvin,

Really appreciate your comments. We are in the process of deciding which ID to go with and Artist Room is one of the people we are seriously considering. 

Looking forward to your upcoming images of the completed unit.