Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

How the air con trunking is run in the master bedroom. There will be some obstruction where the bed is, but mostly hidden from view!

01.JPG     02.JPG

Kitchen, after all the frantic moments....

03.JPG

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Got my main door from Y0ngtat - turned out well!

There's only 1.5mm gap between the base of the door and the floor - keeping my fingers crossed that no pests can squeeze in!

04.JPG

I must add that if anyone is looking for cabinet handles, do drop by Inter-0riental at New World Centre.

Most excellent service. Their range of handles/knobs is really impressive!

IMG_2274.JPG 

workers stained the tiles with some industrial strength glue - and by the time contractor got them to clean it up, it became mission impossible. i was also on my knees rubbing the glue out...

IMG_2265.JPG

look at what the smart worker did. Since cannot close properly, just put TWO metal plates lor. IKR.

The journey isn't over as I have spent the last few weeks:
-buying sandpaper and paint brushes
-painting over strange random marks on the wall, palm prints
-scrubbing out paint spots left by painters
-cleaning paint marks along the skirting (because did not use masking tape...)
-sanding down the doors from bad paint job
-cleaning glue stains off the tiles with thinner
-arranging with Caesarstone to patch a ding in my countertop as the carpenter dropped a tool. Long story - contractor says the material very durable one. Carpenter did not bother to protect the surface, climbed on top with his gross feet, and proceeded to drop a tool. Did not witness this or I would have burst a vessel... The fact is a ding appeared after carpenter left (and it was perfect before). Of course the carpenter denied...

Why did I not get the contractor to bring in the painters to rectify all that? Oh, they did. They came. But each time they arrived to do a job, they would f*** something up. Once, the painter painted one wall with a lighter tone paint and he could not even tell. Another time, he removed ALL my tape left on the floor to mark out the chips on the floor tiles. Decided that I should try and resolve these myself instead of depending on non professional painters. I have no idea why painting can be so difficult. Yes, it is tedious and back breaking. But it can be done well without much effort - just protect the flooring and everything else that should NOT be painted!

Ok, rant over.

1 minute ago, trcd said:

The journey isn't over as I have spent the last few weeks:
-buying sandpaper and paint brushes
-painting over strange random marks on the wall, palm prints
-scrubbing out paint spots left by painters
-cleaning paint marks along the skirting (because did not use masking tape...)
-sanding down the doors from bad paint job
-cleaning glue stains off the tiles with thinner
-arranging with Caesarstone to patch a ding in my countertop as the carpenter dropped a tool. Long story - contractor says the material very durable one. Carpenter did not bother to protect the surface, climbed on top with his gross feet, and proceeded to drop a tool. Did not witness this or I would have burst a vessel... The fact is a ding appeared after carpenter left (and it was perfect before). Of course the carpenter denied...

Why did I not get the contractor to bring in the painters to rectify all that? Oh, they did. They came. But each time they arrived to do a job, they would f*** something up. Once, the painter painted one wall with a lighter tone paint and he could not even tell. Another time, he removed ALL my tape left on the floor to mark out the chips on the floor tiles. Decided that I should try and resolve these myself instead of depending on non professional painters. I have no idea why painting can be so difficult. Yes, it is tedious and back breaking. But it can be done well without much effort - just protect the flooring and everything else that should NOT be painted!

Ok, rant over.

Lighter tone paint. :angry:Yes mine used 'Apple White' to patch parts of 'Snow White'. Made me feel like the evil Queen when I discovered it...nearly sent a huntsman to go kill the painter in the forest.

Sanded the surface along the door frame, removed the metal plate from the door jamb and put in wood filler (can be purchased form any hardware store). Apply generously! Let it dry overnight... Sand the area down and if necessary, reapply. Otherwise, good to repaint!

I do not have a photo of the finished product as it is not looking very professional, but it is way better than having 2 pieces of metal plates at the door jamb!

IMG_2551.JPG     IMG_2552.JPG

19 minutes ago, trcd said:

Happy with how the door and gate turned out. Not done through contractor.

IMG_2618.JPG     IMG_2847-3.JPG

Nice door! At least you could change it. Mine is a slanted door frame...there's no fixing that!

25 minutes ago, Catt said:

Nice door! At least you could change it. Mine is a slanted door frame...there's no fixing that!

The door is customised to the size of the frame. You can certainly get a new door made to measure, so don't worry!

Hi trcd, sounds like your painter and mine belongs to the same camp! I simply don't understand why people cannot take pride in their job :bangwall:

On the other hand, nice wood filling in... maybe I should do this too as there are other door holes also... more pictures on your complete home pls!!

Here's a peek at the small simple bathroom - notice the ugly pipes (one to the right, another to the left which wasn't captured).

IMG_2456.JPG

9 hours ago, Lazyfatcat007 said:

Hi trcd, sounds like your painter and mine belongs to the same camp! I simply don't understand why people cannot take pride in their job :bangwall:

On the other hand, nice wood filling in... maybe I should do this too as there are other door holes also... more pictures on your complete home pls!!

@Lazyfatcat007 - yeah it's terribly disappointing because these issues cannot be resolved that easily, unlike something faulty which I can just throw out... I suspect they are freelance painters... 

I will be touching up on some paintwork tomorrow - shall remember to take a photo of the patched up door frame for you to have a look! :) 

What I used: Selleys Wood Putty. It comes with a little plastic spatula/applicator. The texture is somewhat like play dough but slightly rubbery.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Here's the finished door frame! And what it looks like when the door is closed.

IMG_2985.JPG     IMG_2986.JPG