Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Har Yin

Timber or composite decking & painting

Hi,

I am looking to redeck my pool and koi area - about 500+sq feet in total.  And maybe build a shelter / trellis.  Both areas get direct sun and rain.  Would you recommend timber (chengal ) or wpc ?  We spoke to a number of timber and wpc companies, but each will tell us their good points, 

Can you share your experience with timber or wpc decking that had been installed in your house ?  Any recommendations for good wpc or timber companies ? 

And also looking to paint our house.  Good painters recommendations are welcome too !

Thanks !

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I will go for wpc, as the quality of the timber these days are highly unpredictable. Even the supplier cant guarantee good stock. 

Many kinds of wpc, those really natural looking rough texture will hv algae grow on them. Those hollow type will bend under load. Those plastic timber under hot sun will hv a bouncy feel. 

The really good ones are those solid ones like a wooden stud. What is crucial is that the underlying batten supporting the wpc is of similar type of wpc. Many ppl use inferior timber as the batten resulting in major warpage