Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
soupkambing

Can we make do without a store room?

Hi all!

Bought a resale 5-rm flat. Previous owner has hacked away the wall and doorway of the storeroom (old estate - no bomb shelter) to create a larger common room. Question is - would it be difficult to get by without a storeroom? Trying to decide whether to reconstruct the store room or just keep the current layout as it is. 

Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi kambing soup, i like to eat u though lol....

ok, jokes aside. in my opinion, i would want a storeroom. family planning, child's cot, luggages, my army items etc.. all throw into storeroom..

what u need to is, plan ahead, what items u will need. if u are confident to hide those items, then yes, u can do away without a storeroom

Agree. Storeroom is very useful as you can keep all your not-often-used stuff there... Then your house can look neater that way 

actually from my own experience, when you have store room, u tend to have more japalang that you just cant bear to throw away and in the end store room become a rubbish dump that's overfilled..

for my home, we converted the store room into a bed room. included in aircon and stuff. so its like getting an extra room

Things tend to accumulate over the years and it is a good decision to keep the storeroom as it is a place to hide away bulky and less freq used stuff. very useful also to keep reservist items and unused young children's items. Keeps the house spacious and clean and less job in tiding.

Thank you all for your comments! We have indeed decided to reinstate the store room - for the unsightly bulky items like vacuum cleaner etc. Too used to having a space for stashing stuff - I don't think this is a decision we will regret. :)

1 more suggestion. I saw my friend convert her store room into a piano room, but she create a huge wardrobe flushing in with her kitchen cabinets, and it became her storeroom.  I thought that was cool. The storage space was huge enough to store her bicycle and other stuffs. Yet it wasn't too big to obstruct.