Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fongfamily01

Change of glass door hinge

The glass door hinge in my wc need to be replaced.

Any contractor to recommend?

Any shop has good quality of glass door hinge that I can purchase, if I wanted to DIY??

Edited by fongfamily01

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just sharing my experience...

Renovate my home in 2009 and install glass door on my shower area. 2 years back, I realize the lower hinge seems to be leaking oil (or maybe grease), probably because it is lower, so more contact with water. Dismantle the glass & cleanup the oil/grease. Took some photos of hinge & glass cut out (with intention to find replacement). Hunt for 1 month but could not find a hinge that will fit. Went to a friend in the glass business. He took my pictures and went to his hinge supplier. After 2 weeks, he told me even his supplier could not find.

Only available option for me would be to get a new the glass door with new hinges but that will mean that I will need to drill new holes on the wall to mount the hinge. For now, I left it as it is. Glass door still swings but make a crack noise at a particular position.

Conclusion: If you replace new glass door with new hinge, a good idea to buy a spare set of hinge from the contractor for future replacement. The glass will not break (if not abuse) but the hinge will wear.

After some of the research, I found out that most of the glass door hinge are pretty standard in term of dimension, especially the screw hole size.

They are available in the neighborhood hardware shop, at least 3x shops that i'd found that. 

But, for those who wanted to DIY, bear in mind that you'll need some skill and lots of strength for this job. You'll need at least 2 strong person to do this too.

Anyway, I found a contractor (Carousell: simplysell) to do the job for me.

I would rate it as job well done at good charge.

I'm neither promoting his service nor related to him/his business, just wanted to share some of the information after my case.

On 26 July 2016 at 11:53 PM, fongfamily01 said:

The glass door hinge in my wc need to be replaced.

Any contractor to recommend?

Any shop has good quality of glass door hinge that I can purchase, if I wanted to DIY??

There are quite alot of door hinges hardware shop at aljunied area