Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Try those shops opposite Chinese Garden MRT.

I brought from Lighting Garden.

Hi all

Now in the stage where i need to buy lights for the new house.

Any recommendations on where to buy?

For those who have done some survey, how much is the price for 2X13 PLC lights? (Osram blubs dual tube)

Cheers

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We bought from Lightology @ Balestier. I guess the prices of PLC lights are about the same. Those who claimed very much cheaper, be careful cos the casing is not rust proof (not dye-cast). Also the cheapers ones come with lower voltage (less bright). We spent about $1.5k on lights, all from one shop cos can get better discounts. This was done before the 7% GST .... hehehe .... :dunno::deal::)

Thanks to all who replied.

Spent the weekend trawling through geylang and balestier area for the lights.

In the end after comparison got

Dining lights,Kitchen and Bathroom lights from Lumiére.

They are having storewide discount of minimum 15% with some items up to 50% off. Same boss and selection as Vlux, lightology, so actually if you mention the Lumiére is having 15% off Vlux & lightogy will be able to as least match. 15% till end of the month(July) only if I am not wrong.

All the rest of the lights (PLC and Flourescent tubes) from Extreme Lighting.

After comparing LA, DK ,Kosen ..Extreme seems to give the best price.

ALL PLC are Osram(tube) +Atco(Aust) ballast

All Flor Tubes are Philips tube and ballast

Storage heater, toilet sink and tap from L Pheno

Find that their stuff is better quality then the usual mentioned (hoe kee, Lookz etc )

Price wise also very reasonable. Look for ben if you visit L Pheno, the price and service he gives is :dancingqueen:

All in all a tiring but productive weekend :bleah::notti:

wat is e price of the PLC (consisting of Osram + Atco)...care to give e breakdown leadin to e total price?

wat is e price of the PLC (consisting of Osram + Atco)...care to give e breakdown leadin to e total price?

PLC Downlights (Osram+Atco) bigger Glass PLC cover (warm/coolite/white)

2X13 -$25

2X18-$29

Halogen (philips+Philips) White matt holder 360 directionality w/ coil transformer

$33

Can't rem the price for Flors tube though.

Another slight discount off the total price :D

Thanks to all who replied.

Spent the weekend trawling through geylang and balestier area for the lights.

In the end after comparison got

Dining lights,Kitchen and Bathroom lights from Lumiére.

They are having storewide discount of minimum 15% with some items up to 50% off. Same boss and selection as Vlux, lightology, so actually if you mention the Lumiére is having 15% off Vlux & lightogy will be able to as least match. 15% till end of the month(July) only if I am not wrong.

After comparing LA, DK ,Kosen ..Extreme seems to give the best price.

All Flor Tubes are Philips tube and ballast

Storage heater, toilet sink and tap from L Pheno

Find that their stuff is better quality then the usual mentioned (hoe kee, Lookz etc )

Price wise also very reasonable. Look for ben if you visit L Pheno, the price and service he gives is :good:

All in all a tiring but productive weekend :bath::(

Hey we bought our kitchen sink & mixer from L Pheno too...yup agreed tat Ben's service is :D lor... :D A veri patient guy who will go to the extra miles for you...the delivery guy told us he is actually the boss of L Pheno lor :yamseng:

Edited by czjn

Hey we bought our kitchen sink & mixer from L Pheno too...yup agreed tat Ben's service is :notti: lor... :bow: A veri patient guy who will go to the extra miles for you...the delivery guy told us he is actually the boss of L Pheno lor :bangwall:

Yeah we discovered he is the boss our last visit there. The discount he gives and his staff also different :unsure::dunno:

He is really customer oriented. I like this sink alot but the dimensions like pretty big. Although can fit but ben worried that the door may be impeded. There is another sink, our 2nd choice which sure can fit...

I thought maybe play safe get the 2nd choice but Ben suggested that he will ask the delivery guy to bring BOTH sinks down and let me try which one I prefer. So in the end he is going to deliver 3 sinks

1 display to let me try

1 new sink (1st choice)

1 new sink (2nd choice)

Now thats what i call Service..even my ID also impressed when I told her... ;):):rofl:

hi khriz n desmond

nice cathcing up again. happy that des managed to move in before 7th mth. sien, mine still long, long way to go. bo energy liao :~

Hey glad to see you again after so long!

Just finished another 'screwing' session with the ID; all my energy spent on pushing him. Don't push, just sit there. Try to push abit, all the excuses come out and make me d*mn pek-chek. Sometimes just hate all these argumentative people; why can't they just do it?? So many excuses for what... :~

Think must keep my weight in check - if I am 10 yrs older maybe will kana heart attack already... :dancingqueen:

disappear to settle my flat mah stress :~

me olso keep chasing them and spot check to ensure things are done nicely. stress :~

yr id sengli must be very good man. i always tell them its not my business if they cannot deliver. we gave them business so its their business lor. :dancingqueen:

disappear to settle my flat mah stress :sport-smiley-004:

me olso keep chasing them and spot check to ensure things are done nicely. stress :sport-smiley-004:

yr id sengli must be very good man. i always tell them its not my business if they cannot deliver. we gave them business so its their business lor. :sport-smiley-004:

For me, it is my business lor. Delay and delay and delay - already affecting my move-in date and I probably have to delay until after 7th month liao.

In the end if really late, can I really cut their payment?? But I am not the sort who do that leh.

I will only cut someone's payment if they screwed up, eg incur extra costs to me or the end-product not up to standard; but if the person just delay but still do swee swee for me in the end, I duno how to justify to cut payment...

For me, it is my business lor. Delay and delay and delay - already affecting my move-in date and I probably have to delay until after 7th month liao.

In the end if really late, can I really cut their payment?? But I am not the sort who do that leh.

I will only cut someone's payment if they screwed up, eg incur extra costs to me or the end-product not up to standard; but if the person just delay but still do swee swee for me in the end, I duno how to justify to cut payment...

Hi Zirk

Saw your blog about the metal gate. Do you have the contact number of the handyman? I think safer to do it too.

Does bring up concerns about the safety of the area though. Seems like the situation not very good :curse:;)

Hi Zirk

Saw your blog about the metal gate. Do you have the contact number of the handyman? I think safer to do it too.

Does bring up concerns about the safety of the area though. Seems like the situation not very good :notti::dunno:

Wah.. seems scary with so many reports of break-ins

Hi Zirk

Does bring up concerns about the safety of the area though. Seems like the situation not very good :yamseng::unsure:

You got a PM. :D