Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Hi GTeton, are you from the Aug balloting?

My unit is doing the cement screeding today. I called the contractor, told him to do as thinly as possible. He said we mark out, they'll do accordingly. My husband went to mark on the walls. Luckily we went to check, they ignored our markings, and did their standard 4cm markings! I quickly mark 2cm under theirs, and cancelled theirs. Then today, we had to take leave and make sure the workers got the correct info. So far, cross fingers, looks like they're following our markings instead. I saw one worker bringing down the extra sand that they brought up. Gee, don't know why I find reno so stressful, as bad as taking exams last time!

Oh, something dsigusting to share, our common toliet was used like a public toliet since we handed the padlock key over to the cement screeding contractor, dunno which idiot did his business there, never flush properly. There were s.hit smears underneath the toliet seat. :P DISGUSTING!8|! My husband had to hose it clean again. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hmm.. the cement screed guy caused a dent at the side of my MBR Door.. when I asked the building service guys if they could help patch it, they told me to go to the cement screed ppl. My ID offered to patch for me when she heard abt it. Is it I too honest :P

Yes you are too honest. I will just tell them I got a dent, I haven't reno yet so its your responsibility.

Actually anyone can do it de, just WHO want to take the effort only. So I guess your ID became the good guy this time?? :yamseng:

Yes you are too honest. I will just tell them I got a dent, I haven't reno yet so its your responsibility.

Actually anyone can do it de, just WHO want to take the effort only. So I guess your ID became the good guy this time?? :bangwall:

Bo bian also.. cos I started reno liao.... Think it's a small job for her also.. Btw zirhk, your that T5 light in your kitchen on the bottom of the top cabinet. Can take a photo and show me how it looks like ? I wanna add one, but thinking of doing with a cover kind... but my ID says maybe huge with the casing and can be seen.

Bo bian also.. cos I started reno liao.... Think it's a small job for her also.. Btw zirhk, your that T5 light in your kitchen on the bottom of the top cabinet. Can take a photo and show me how it looks like ? I wanna add one, but thinking of doing with a cover kind... but my ID says maybe huge with the casing and can be seen.

No problem, I give you discount on copyright fees, only $5 / pic, not inclusive of photo-editing, prints and delivery. Photo for personal usage only, extra loading fee will be applicable for any commercial usage. We accept cash and cheque only, payable to "KhrizAngel Home Pte Ltd". Digital copy will be delivered within three working days upon receipt of payment.

:dunno::deal::bangwall: !!

No problem, I give you discount on copyright fees, only $5 / pic, not inclusive of photo-editing, prints and delivery. Photo for personal usage only, extra loading fee will be applicable for any commercial usage. We accept cash and cheque only, payable to "KhrizAngel Home Pte Ltd". Digital copy will be delivered within three working days upon receipt of payment.

:dunno::deal::bangwall: !!

Ha.. owe u one

Just want to drop a thank-you note to all of you sharing your experiences at Tanglin Halt. Enjoyed reading them. Sorry, I've not thing to contribute. Still waiting to collect the keys. By the time, we start renovation, all of you should have moved in already. :thumbs up:

You're most welcome. Can always ask the threadstarter(zirhk3355) for more more valuable inputs.

we are neighbours so should help each other out and share our experience.

Hi all Tanglin folks,

First of all congrats to your lovely new homes. If you happen to have dismantled room doors during the renovation and will like to sell them, please sms me @ 98449709. I need 3 doors for my HDB resale unit. Thanks. :bangwall:

You're most welcome. Can always ask the threadstarter(zirhk3355) for more more valuable inputs.

we are neighbours so should help each other out and share our experience.

Hey!! Huccome suddenly got my nick come out one?? :bangwall:8|

I am no expert in reno lor, just a typical first-time HDB flat owner like some of you. But more than willing to share my experience lah, that might be true...just like many of the friendly forummers here...

Anyway if anyone is keen, hanging around tanglin halt, just give me a buzz to see if I am home, then can come down for kopi! Everyday tok reno also sian, sooner or later will finish reno one mah...

Friendship - That's what the ultimate objective is! :bangwall:

Edited by zirhk3355

Hi all Tanglin folks,

First of all congrats to your lovely new homes. If you happen to have dismantled room doors during the renovation and will like to sell them, please sms me @ 98449709. I need 3 doors for my HDB resale unit. Thanks. :bangwall:

Hi, would like to advise that you pay abit more for new doors instead, because I sold a door to one of the forummer here and it was quite a bad experience.

Doors and frames are usually altered on the spot, depending on wall structure (got slanted or not) and flooring (too high, too low). So all our doors are customised to fit our door frames accordingly, and vice versa. There is no way you can fit a reused door to your old frame nicely; you must at least have a new door, or a new frame (best to have both new lahh!) Otherwise is **** ugly one, slant here slant there, or got sound when opening/closing.

Then about cost: A door + frame would be about $300+, a frame alone would be about $100+ (close to $200). How much would you expect to buy the door from us? We bought it from HDB by top-up about $1K for five room doors. That time I sold the door to the forummer at $110 only, then he got to spend money to make the new door frame, but end result is far from desirable! He also commented might as well buy new door + frame, not worth to save a few tens of dollars.

Lastly, logistics: The door is **** heavy one lor, even for room doors! The poor guy who bought from me, we altogether three guys carrying it, at one point or another still kana the floor and got chips and dents here and there.

Thanks to zirhk3355 for giving such a detail insight. :unsure: I have confirmed with my ID it is not feasible to get the dismantled doors. Looks like i have to fork out serveral hundreds to change them to new ones. :)

I can't believe I missed this thread of yours, zirhk. You already have a strong neighbourhood watch team going on here! LOL!

Ahem, not MY thread, its a thread for our little community at Tanglin Halt!

Got time come down drink kopi with us! :wub:

Ahem, not MY thread, its a thread for our little community at Tanglin Halt!

Got time come down drink kopi with us! :wub:

Kirhk just got home ?? Saw your wife at the food center just now

Oh you are here?

Wanna drink kopi...hehe...or u home already...

Ya, came home liao.

See the renovation before it gets dark as there's no lights yet. Next week should have lights!! And Bf got date also.