Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

btw, do u guys here find that the doors are somehow noisy when u close them? anyone put dampers betwwen the dorr frame and door? i'm thinking of putting them but the problem is that don exactly know which is the exact place on the door frame to put so that it closes quietly.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Oh you are here?

Wanna drink kopi...hehe...or u home already...

I was there just now also.

Btw, there is a "bai shi" at the pavilion.

Seems like since the opening of Koufu and Sheng Shiong, there is lesser crowd at the old hawker centre area. Hopefully they dun close down the hawker centre and the shops there. Mayb time the area gets an upgrade.

btw, do u guys here find that the doors are somehow noisy when u close them? anyone put dampers betwwen the dorr frame and door? i'm thinking of putting them but the problem is that don exactly know which is the exact place on the door frame to put so that it closes quietly.

Yes i found it noisy too and have installed 'damper' on all the door. You just need to buy those 'circular looking sponge sticker' that is supposed to be for sticking to the bottom of chairs and tables's leg to prevent scraching the floor. Then just stick a few of these small sponge to the door frame, so that it is between the door and the frame when you close the door.

hi... sorry to hijack this thread, but i desperately need some advice from owners of new HDB flats with concealed wiring... btw, i'm from the new jalan membina estate... i had also posted this question as a new topic in renotalk, but i thought i could get faster replies if i post it again here...

for those doing L-box, do u see exposed electrical trunking coming out from the main circuit box to the L-box and also from the switch point to the L-box??? something like this:

P1100829.JPG

i thot HDB already give us concealed electrical wiring, so dun need to have exposed electrical trunking...

i asked the contractor and electrician why got exposed trunking? they both said, no choice, cos safer to tap direct from main circuit box... if using the existing lighting point, the large number of downlights (i have 12) may cause power tripping...

also, original HDB concealed wiring is 1 wire to 1 switch, so if i split the 12 downlights into 4 groups of 3 downlights, i need 4 wires, so cannot use the conceal wiring anymore and must do exposed trunking for these wires...

somehow i feel quite skeptical...

is there a way to use the existing concealed wiring, and not have the exposed electrical trunking???

pls help!:dancingqueen::notti::~:)

whether or not there would be a power trip from existing lighting point, I am unable to comment as I am not certified electrician but based on basic electrical theory it should not exceed the current/power rating (P=VI, Theoretical Power is 240Volt x 13amp = 3120Watt, thus if you have 36W downlights, you can do your math on the number of downlights permitted ) however giving the benefit of doubt to your electrician/contractor/ID, they are right to not conceal the wiring as it is against the rules/regulations of HDB.

my guess is the reason for them to split the wiring is for you to be able to turn on/off only a certain "group" of downlights instead of turning on all 12 at one go : )

Happy Deepavali, relak n go chill : )

hi... sorry to hijack this thread, but i desperately need some advice from owners of new HDB flats with concealed wiring... btw, i'm from the new jalan membina estate... i had also posted this question as a new topic in renotalk, but i thought i could get faster replies if i post it again here...

for those doing L-box, do u see exposed electrical trunking coming out from the main circuit box to the L-box and also from the switch point to the L-box??? something like this:

P1100829.JPG

i thot HDB already give us concealed electrical wiring, so dun need to have exposed electrical trunking...

i asked the contractor and electrician why got exposed trunking? they both said, no choice, cos safer to tap direct from main circuit box... if using the existing lighting point, the large number of downlights (i have 12) may cause power tripping...

also, original HDB concealed wiring is 1 wire to 1 switch, so if i split the 12 downlights into 4 groups of 3 downlights, i need 4 wires, so cannot use the conceal wiring anymore and must do exposed trunking for these wires...

somehow i feel quite skeptical...

is there a way to use the existing concealed wiring, and not have the exposed electrical trunking???

pls help!:dunno::sport-smiley-004::dancingqueen: !!

my contractor hacked a groove in the wall and put the wire inside. so it's kinda conceal leh.

my contractor hacked a groove in the wall and put the wire inside. so it's kinda conceal leh.

The last time my electrician hacked a few grooves in the walls, it costs me a few thousands dollars. :yamseng:

Better make sure the kaypohs are not looking before you do it hor... :yamseng::sport-smiley-018:

Hmmm.. looks like some of our neighbour mate are having problem with their starhub tv internet from singaporebrides forum. Funny thing is when i went to starhub, they told me i do not have to get their ppl down to activate the signal, they can activate on the spot n we just have to go back n plug in the tv, how true is that?

The last time my electrician hacked a few grooves in the walls, it costs me a few thousands dollars. :yamseng:

Better make sure the kaypohs are not looking before you do it hor... :yamseng::sport-smiley-018:

Mine also hidden some in the wall.. but he patch it up right after, so some I couldn't even tell..

Mine also, shhhh.........!!!

whether or not there would be a power trip from existing lighting point, I am unable to comment as I am not certified electrician but based on basic electrical theory it should not exceed the current/power rating (P=VI, Theoretical Power is 240Volt x 13amp = 3120Watt, thus if you have 36W downlights, you can do your math on the number of downlights permitted ) however giving the benefit of doubt to your electrician/contractor/ID, they are right to not conceal the wiring as it is against the rules/regulations of HDB.

my guess is the reason for them to split the wiring is for you to be able to turn on/off only a certain "group" of downlights instead of turning on all 12 at one go : )

Happy Deepavali, relak n go chill : )

hi deepakvali,

thanks for the reply....

i had looked at the HDB electrical circuit diagram... the rated current is 6A to be shared by 6 original lighting points (foyer, passage way, dining room, living room, bedroom 1 and bedroom 2)... from P=VI, the max total wattage allowed is 1380W.... all my downlights and room lights are 20W E27 lamps and i am using 20 pieces of them altogether as well as a 100W (max) ceiling fan... my max consumption is hence only 500W i.e. 36% of the allowable current... this is just my rough calculation, i'm not a certified electrician also...

yes, u're right, the wiring is split so that each switch controls only 3 downlights, and not all the 12 downlights ...

hi deepakvali,

thanks for the reply....

i had looked at the HDB electrical circuit diagram... the rated current is 6A to be shared by 6 original lighting points (foyer, passage way, dining room, living room, bedroom 1 and bedroom 2)... from P=VI, the max total wattage allowed is 1380W.... all my downlights and room lights are 20W E27 lamps and i am using 20 pieces of them altogether as well as a 100W (max) ceiling fan... my max consumption is hence only 500W i.e. 36% of the allowable current... this is just my rough calculation, i'm not a certified electrician also...

yes, u're right, the wiring is split so that each switch controls only 3 downlights, and not all the 12 downlights ...

thanks to everyone who have helped... i think i have found the answer...

Hmmm.. looks like some of our neighbour mate are having problem with their starhub tv internet from singaporebrides forum. Funny thing is when i went to starhub, they told me i do not have to get their ppl down to activate the signal, they can activate on the spot n we just have to go back n plug in the tv, how true is that?

They are supposed to come down to check if the signal is strong enough. Just see if your cable points got the starhub stickers, if so then its already checked. Every point sure got one sticker de...

Mine also hidden some in the wall.. but he patch it up right after, so some I couldn't even tell..
Mine also, shhhh.........:furious:!

You both jialat; tomorrow go submit your unit no to the building centre... :dunno:

Unless buy me lunch at Koufu...haha... :dunno:

So if there is a sticker meaning, you don't need to ask them to come down?

They are supposed to come down to check if the signal is strong enough. Just see if your cable points got the starhub stickers, if so then its already checked. Every point sure got one sticker de...

You both jialat; tomorrow go submit your unit no to the building centre... :dribble:

Unless buy me lunch at Koufu...haha... :unsure:

So if there is a sticker meaning, you don't need to ask them to come down?

Yes, but it would be quite strange if you had the stickers already when you take over possession of the flat.

You see, HDB engaged a contractor to lay the cables in your flat, however, they may not do a good job so starhub got to check it. They do not 'pre-check' before you take over the flat because some flats may be left unsold, or some owners do not want starhub, so its a waste of their time and resources.

They will only come down to check the signal and we want to view thru' their cables. Every single point should have a sticker with the starhub logo one...

Edited by zirhk3355