Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

The haulage fees are so freakin expensive. Only haulage needed for living/dining, and it's $950 for 4 room units now, regardless of whole or half unit. Previously it was $850, they just keep increasing the rates!

Anyway my hubby talked to them to reduce to $900. Still ex. And yesterday they never coordinate properly, the marble people came and dump the marble downstairs, nobody to haul it up! My husband gotta rush down to get the haulage guys at last minute. Although they brought up the tiles, they wanted him around to check and count every piece to make sure nothing was missing. For that, he took it out on me, and blame me somewhat for inconveniencing him. :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Sorry gotta rant abit again. The more I think about it, the more infuriating! When I want to spend, he call me "tua CC" <--meaning BIG car need lots of petrol and money. :P When I'm trying to save money and cut cost, he call me "niao". Then what does he want? :good::rolleyes:

Yesterday he never coordinate with marble supplier properly, got angry, then accuse me of making a fuss out of the dry/wet base marble laying. What has that gotta do with that?! :dunno: All he does is criticize me, really very hard to live with him...

Are you talking about the old coffeeshop directly across the road from our blocks?? Yes that is very good, but some would find it too oily with too much sesame oil. For me I just love it lor...hehe...with dark soya sauce and chilli, both sauces thick-thick one, never mix water like other stalls...yumm... :P !!

Ya ya, thats the one! :rolleyes:

E so called original halal chicken rice at the coffeeshop has moved to Clementi and what you have at the coffeeshop now is replica......if you need chicken rice, you get chicken rice from them, nothing to shout about, thus for me, i do not think i will bother to make a trip from my block to have their chicken rice...i will not feel left out :yamseng:

yes tat the wone, no wonder i can feel the different leh. move to which part of clementi ah? can me please, cuz previous chicken feet taste nicely as compare now is thail style.

Sorry gotta rant abit again. The more I think about it, the more infuriating! When I want to spend, he call me "tua CC" <--meaning BIG car need lots of petrol and money. :yamseng: When I'm trying to save money and cut cost, he call me "niao". Then what does he want? :(:jawdrop:

Yesterday he never coordinate with marble supplier properly, got angry, then accuse me of making a fuss out of the dry/wet base marble laying. What has that gotta do with that?! :dunno: All he does is criticize me, really very hard to live with him...

if you and your husband cannot work things out during the renovation.. suggest you find a main con and let them handle everything...

if you wanna handle everything yourself, you must make sure that you have time...

carpenter can call you anytime, ask you go down to site and confirm something... if you can't make it, they can't continue work... hence delay is unavoidable...

The chicken rice at Margaret Drive also nice. Used to have it almost every week last time when staying at Tanglin Halt "16 storey". Heard they have shifted to Stirling Road but dun know exactly where. Anyone know?

The chicken rice at Margaret Drive also nice. Used to have it almost every week last time when staying at Tanglin Halt "16 storey". Heard they have shifted to Stirling Road but dun know exactly where. Anyone know?

Not sure which chicken rice you talking about, but now there is still a stall at margaret dr hawker, 2nd floor, also very good! At nite go always packed one, must wait like 1/2 hr...

got a question to ask.

hecom's storage bedframe.

is it good...

becoz quite cheap. under 500.

thinking of buying storage bedframe becoz of the lack of space in MBR. but will be buying other mattress becoz don like hecom mattresses

Not sure which chicken rice you talking about, but now there is still a stall at margaret dr hawker, 2nd floor, also very good! At nite go always packed one, must wait like 1/2 hr...

evertop still the top. was there last month and it was packed, and the shop so big. 2 shops combine.

they are at Mei Ling Street Hawker Center, the hawker center is right smack in front of Block 157 (Mei Ling Street), the stall is located right at the back corner of the hawker center.

from Magaret Drive Hawker Center, it is a 15minute walk....just walk along the perimeter of Queenstown Sports Complex (Mei Chin Road), you will not miss the hawker center as its back is along Mei Chin Road.

hope i did not confuse e **** out of u :rolleyes:

Ya, this is the one I am talking about, so they still operating there.

they are at Mei Ling Street Hawker Center, the hawker center is right smack in front of Block 157 (Mei Ling Street), the stall is located right at the back corner of the hawker center.

from Magaret Drive Hawker Center, it is a 15minute walk....just walk along the perimeter of Queenstown Sports Complex (Mei Chin Road), you will not miss the hawker center as its back is along Mei Chin Road.

hope i did not confuse e **** out of u :dancingqueen:

Is this the same stall as the one at Margaret Drive Hawker #02?

Edited by TYM

neighbours, ask u guys for opinion, i initially decided on Dunlopillo Duchess. Indiv pocketed spring with 1 inch talalay latex. And with bedframe and divan,i it comes up to about $1900 (more ex than original package as i am changing the metal legs to wooden ones so they need to custom make) but yesterday i went shopping @takashimaya and saw a dunlopillo honey combed spring with 3 inch talalay latex. it costs $2500+ (after deduction of $200 taka vouchers) with bedframe with wooden legs and divan and 1 set of egyptian cotton bedsheet set. which would you guys consider? both deals come with mattress protector and pillows. Me and hubby for now still quite slim lar.. dunno how we will expand a few yrs down the road. Is 1 inch of latex sufficient? Or is 3 inches too much?

Anyone who owns this 3 inch talalay latex mattress has anything to comment?

Edited by divine_genie

Ya, this is the one I am talking about, so they still operating there.

Is this the same stall as the one at Margaret Drive Hawker #02?

not supposed to be the same but this was the "original" Magaret Drive Chicken Rice......

E so called original halal chicken rice at the coffeeshop has moved to Clementi and what you have at the coffeeshop now is replica......if you need chicken rice, you get chicken rice from them, nothing to shout about, thus for me, i do not think i will bother to make a trip from my block to have their chicken rice...i will not feel left out :dancingqueen:

deepakvali, hahahaa.. next thurs is deepavali lor..

u have any idea which part of clementi they move to?

Can someone tell me is it true that for Tanglin Halt, haulage cost is fixed, whether it's for whole house or just living/dining. The haulage guy told my husband the haulage cost is $950 for our 4 room unit, whether be it for whole house or just living/dining. Is that true? Can someone verify that for me? We only need haulage for living/dining only, really don't want to be kotoh! Tks!