Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

i wanna paint my wooden door too!! If i have the $$, i would LOVE the change my metal gates as well.. But what's the cost like?

Got another problem as well.. one of my bedroom that faces the main door, the colour we chose which is light blue (for the paint) ends up it doesn't go well with my dark brown laminate flooring. To change colour, i have to fork out $100. But now money really no enough due to house and wedding prep. Would u guys change the colour?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey Divine,

So did you check with your contractor? Whether the wooden door can be painted? Cos they claim the paint cannot stay on the door :dunno:

i wanna paint my wooden door too!! If i have the $$, i would LOVE the change my metal gates as well.. But what's the cost like?

Got another problem as well.. one of my bedroom that faces the main door, the colour we chose which is light blue (for the paint) ends up it doesn't go well with my dark brown laminate flooring. To change colour, i have to fork out $100. But now money really no enough due to house and wedding prep. Would u guys change the colour?

Yes, they are so irritating. Must be some uneducated selfish twat!

There has been to many littlebugs in this estate. There was a beer bottle littlebug last night but it managed to escape.

Nabbed bug should be given free publicity so as to serve as a stern warning to others.

Let's cooperate to nab these bugs!

Edited by SPACE

i'm very picky and into detail. He said the door is nice, i find it's old looking and clashes with my decor. he advised me not to do anything to my doors. :)

and yes, we must unite together and make sure no one dirties this place where we take pride in. Hmph! :dunno:

Ya they say similar things :)

I wonder how man..

i'm very picky and into detail. He said the door is nice, i find it's old looking and clashes with my decor. he advised me not to do anything to my doors. !!

and yes, we must unite together and make sure no one dirties this place where we take pride in. Hmph! :dunno:

I believe space is talking abt painting the door rather than the gate. Im also thinking of paint my door is its possible. As for the gate, I kindda like it as it is.

Haha, ya I also read until I blur blur liao...

Did you go and ask the forummer who had painted his door?? Hehe... :dunno:

For the rest, hehe not that I don't want to tell you but its other people's house so got to wait for him to answer...

There has been to many littlebugs in this estate. There was a beer bottle littlebug last night but it managed to escape.

Nabbed bug should be given free publicity so as to serve as a stern warning to others.

Let's cooperate to nab these bugs!

Think its because of the building designs, first look very nice like condo-style, but after awhile like not very practical. The airwells and wide corridors allow the litterbugs to fling stuff down without being caught. Even if police come and put a camera, may not catch him also, unless bring 40 cameras and put one at each floor, but in which case it will be too obvious and the litterbug will go into hiding!

You should have taken a snap of the broken bottle and another snap of the airwell, then send in to stomp. Some reporters who got no stories to write will go in there to pick up stories, and voila! We got our publicity liao; next day HDB/TC officers' backsides all must apply butter thick-thick...

The place is happaning. At least it's not overly quiet for security reasons. Yes, I do witness some kuku (childish adults) throwing rubbish down just to observes the landing process.

Abit depressed now. We want to sign up with this contracter. However his contract agreement is very brief, and having read enough horror stories of rogue contracters, I thought it's best we get him to rewrite the contract to include more details. He wasn't happy about it and said there should be more trust between the two parties. Although he was willing to change, but his attitude scares me somewhat. He said since we want everything to be so clear, then if payment is not on time, he'll stop the work. :dancingqueen: He said no more such thing as rogue contracter, everything's done prim and proper nowadays!

As if. Then what does he expect, us to be at his mercy after signing the contract and putting a sum of money with him? Although he has been rather patient so far compare to others who seems in a perpetual rush always, I notice he tends to forget what I told him I want. Eg. I said I want granite kitchen countertop (2X), he still wrote down in quotation as "solid surface". 2 days ago, I said I want a mirror to be in the shoe cabinet, initially he said this is supposed not to be included, but he can add it in. It wasn't stated in the contact he prepared, and yesterday again I told him I want him to include mirror in the contract agreeement, and he seems to have forgotten again, and repeated again, this one actually not included but I can add it in for you.

I told him it's nothing personal, and even if I go to others, I'll do the same, make them write it detail. How now? Should I sign with him?

My hubby is not keen on looking for more contracters. He likes to settle things fast! And it very impatient if this drags on. Again, he's not on my side when things become rough, and told me, if he's the contracter, he'll be also very irritated with me! :(

Predaking, did you get your ID/contracter to write in detail too? Did the person do it willingly without showing an unhappy face?

We're kinda used to him already, in fact he was the first one we saw. It wasn't through any recommendation, we're walk-in customers. Which makes me even more careful since there're no prior feedback. We wanted to use his services since overall his quotation is reasonable and he is quite a patient man so far.

He told us we're the first customer he has met that is like this. While going through my requirements, he seems to be forcing himself to be interested, when I can sense he's losing interest in our small project. Afterall, we're only letting him do $13K, as we're getting our own marble and parquet supply, and only need him to provide laying marble service, kitchen cabinets, and other carpentry services. He told us ours is just a small project. Makes me feel we're just small time customers who have BIG requirements. :dancingqueen:

JS21, what kind of detail are you talking about ? Most Signed Quotations do have level of details. If you are not comfortable with him, maybe it's not a good idea to sign with him.

Abit depressed now. We want to sign up with this contracter. However his contract agreement is very brief, and having read enough horror stories of rogue contracters, I thought it's best we get him to rewrite the contract to include more details. He wasn't happy about it and said there should be more trust between the two parties. Although he was willing to change, but his attitude scares me somewhat. He said since we want everything to be so clear, then if payment is not on time, he'll stop the work. :notti: He said no more such thing as rogue contracter, everything's done prim and proper nowadays!

As if. Then what does he expect, us to be at his mercy after signing the contract and putting a sum of money with him? Although he has been rather patient so far compare to others who seems in a perpetual rush always, I notice he tends to forget what I told him I want. Eg. I said I want granite kitchen countertop (2X), he still wrote down in quotation as "solid surface". 2 days ago, I said I want a mirror to be in the shoe cabinet, initially he said this is supposed not to be included, but he can add it in. It wasn't stated in the contact he prepared, and yesterday again I told him I want him to include mirror in the contract agreeement, and he seems to have forgotten again, and repeated again, this one actually not included but I can add it in for you.

I told him it's nothing personal, and even if I go to others, I'll do the same, make them write it detail. How now? Should I sign with him?

My hubby is not keen on looking for more contracters. He likes to settle things fast! And it very impatient if this drags on. Again, he's not on my side when things become rough, and told me, if he's the contracter, he'll be also very irritated with me! :notti:

without 2nd thoughts i will drop him off immediately....... unless he is ur buddy, then u can work with trust, this industry has already created a stigma for all these dirty tricks up on their sleeves all the time waiting to pounce on their preys.......

OK, let me type out what was written, perhaps help me analyze?

1. Supply labour to lay marble ****/dining hall, install copper stripe at 3 door entrance.

In Bold, what I want changed:

Supply cement, sand & labour to lay marble ****/dining hall, includes 3X polishing. Install copper stripe at 3 door entrance.

2. Fabricate and install 10mm tempered clear glass shower screen for one toliet.

Fabricate and install 10mm tempered clear glass shower screen for master bedroom toliet.

3. Supply and install door frame and naytoh bi-fold door at kitchen entrance.

Supply and install door frame and naytoh bi-fold clear glass door at kitchen entrance. Paint frame and door white.

4. Design and fabricate shoes cabinet full height L-3.5ft in laminate finished at main entrance

Design and fabricate shoes cabinet full height L-3.5ft in laminate finished at main entrance with build-in mirror & color polyester for interior.

5. Design and fabricate top or bottom kitchen cabinet in laminate finished c/with system door, L-20.5ft

Design and fabricate top and bottom kitchen cabinet in laminate finished c/with system door (in red and creamy white color), L-20.5ft, c/w silver color door knobs and 2 pneumatic frosted glass panels. Distance between top and base cabinets is 60cm.

6. Construct base for kitchen cabinet and washing machine

7. Fabricate and install built-in wardrobe with swing door in laminate finished and color polyester for interior for 3 bedrooms Total L-19.5ft

Fabricate and install full-height built-in wardrobe with swing door in laminate finished and color polyester for interior for 3 bedrooms Total L-19.5ft. c/w door knobs and 3 built-in mirrors.

8. Supply and install door frame at passageway.

9. Supply and install ply wood with laminate finished for 3 bedrooms, total L-26ft

Supply and install ply wood with laminate finished for bay windows of 3 bedrooms, total L-26ft

10. Supply and lay floor tiles at store room

Supply and lay homogeneous tiles (60 x 60cm) at store room

11. Supply and install build-in cabinet with frosted glass aluminium frame swing door at common toliet

12. Supply labour to install kitchen sink, wash machine inlet and outlet pipe and heater tank

Supply labour to install cooker, kitchen sink, wash machine inlet and outlet pipe and heater tank

13 Haulage fee

14 Acid wash for whole house

15 Supply and install 6 nos of 13Ax1 SSO

16 Supply and install simple cornice at kitchen area

17. Supply labour to install dryer bracket.

18. Supply labour to install toliet accessories such as rain shower, mirror, toliet roll holder, towel rack for 2 toliets.

Term of Payment: 10% deposit, 1st payment:30%, 2nd payment:30%, Final payment: 30%

Term of Payment: 10% deposit, 1st payment:30% (upon 10% completion), 2nd payment:30% (upon 80% completion), Final payment: 30% (upon 100% completion)

Is that too much of me to ask to add or change those words in bold? :notti:

OK, let me type out what was written, perhaps help me analyze?

1. Supply labour to lay marble ****/dining hall, install copper stripe at 3 door entrance.

In Bold, what I want changed:

Supply cement, sand & labour to lay marble ****/dining hall, includes 3X polishing. Install copper stripe at 3 door entrance.

2. Fabricate and install 10mm tempered clear glass shower screen for one toliet.

Fabricate and install 10mm tempered clear glass shower screen for master bedroom toliet.

3. Supply and install door frame and naytoh bi-fold door at kitchen entrance.

Supply and install door frame and naytoh bi-fold clear glass door at kitchen entrance. Paint frame and door white.

4. Design and fabricate shoes cabinet full height L-3.5ft in laminate finished at main entrance

Design and fabricate shoes cabinet full height L-3.5ft in laminate finished at main entrance with build-in mirror & color polyester for interior.

5. Design and fabricate top or bottom kitchen cabinet in laminate finished c/with system door, L-20.5ft

Design and fabricate top and bottom kitchen cabinet in laminate finished c/with system door (in red and creamy white color), L-20.5ft, c/w silver color door knobs and 2 pneumatic frosted glass panels. Distance between top and base cabinets is 60cm.

6. Construct base for kitchen cabinet and washing machine

7. Fabricate and install built-in wardrobe with swing door in laminate finished and color polyester for interior for 3 bedrooms Total L-19.5ft

Fabricate and install full-height built-in wardrobe with swing door in laminate finished and color polyester for interior for 3 bedrooms Total L-19.5ft. c/w door knobs and 3 built-in mirrors.

8. Supply and install door frame at passageway.

9. Supply and install ply wood with laminate finished for 3 bedrooms, total L-26ft

Supply and install ply wood with laminate finished for bay windows of 3 bedrooms, total L-26ft

10. Supply and lay floor tiles at store room

Supply and lay homogeneous tiles (60 x 60cm) at store room

11. Supply and install build-in cabinet with frosted glass aluminium frame swing door at common toliet

12. Supply labour to install kitchen sink, wash machine inlet and outlet pipe and heater tank

Supply labour to install cooker, kitchen sink, wash machine inlet and outlet pipe and heater tank

13 Haulage fee

14 Acid wash for whole house

15 Supply and install 6 nos of 13Ax1 SSO

16 Supply and install simple cornice at kitchen area

17. Supply labour to install dryer bracket.

18. Supply labour to install toliet accessories such as rain shower, mirror, toliet roll holder, towel rack for 2 toliets.

Term of Payment: 10% deposit, 1st payment:30%, 2nd payment:30%, Final payment: 30%

Term of Payment: 10% deposit, 1st payment:30% (upon 10% completion), 2nd payment:30% (upon 80% completion), Final payment: 30% (upon 100% completion)

Is that too much of me to ask to add or change those words in bold? :notti:

Erm. I can't comment it's too much or not. It's your comfort level. Some items are quite detailed. For my case, it's a mixed of both. Maybe it's important to include the type of materials to be used, and the whole dimension. If you are quite sure, you wont change the design or colour, then it's good to include the details. It can be good or bad, but since you have not any reference or know of pple who use him, it's actually safer to include the details. But then, he might stick very strict to the quote and anything slightly off, he will charge.

That's what he implied that since we want the details, he will not be as flexible. So it seems anything out of it, he might charge or refuse to change. :furious:

Those details I want were agreed verbally, I'm afraid he will say yes yes...then conveniently forget when the time comes since nothing was written down! Eg. system door in red, I wanted a deep red. In the limited color sample range, there was only one shade of faded red, not what I want. He say he'll show us sample of the color we want. I'm afraid after I sign with him, then he say don't have that shade. Then I'll be stuck with using that faded red color or forced to select from his limited brochure range!

Also for kitchen frosted glass panels, he told us he'll be giving us 2. Then we want the pneumatic lift up kind. He said actually he's only giving the normal swing door kind, not pneumatic. But then he said ok, he can include...all these only say verbally. Bu it was not written down in contract. Then I'm afraid when the time comes, he'll forget he told us ok, then say if we want pneumatic doors, have to pay more!

Etc. Etc. These are the kind of scenarios I anticipate and hate to face!

He's those old uncle type, quite patient, whom my husband sees as someone who just wants to do this to earn a living, not out to cheat people! For me, I prefer to play safe. I was hoping he would be more accomodating and understanding when customers wants to include details to be safe. instead he seems to take offence. :(

Already one week ago, we said we want to just do the marble laying first, and confirm the rest with him later as we haven't finalise what we want. He did not allow! I can understand why since his quotation for marble laying is the cheapest compare to the rest. I notice what they do is quote some items cheap, and some not so cheap to balance out. I notice every contracter does that, hoping the cheap items will attract you to them. So he didn't allow us to do his cheap marble laying service. I decided to be fair, and quickly decide on the rest of the items so that I can get started!

Now I want some details in the agreement, he's not understanding to that at all, and just want us to trust him. :furious: