Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Anyone can recommend a good contractor who has done your home at Tanglin Halt and whom you're satisfied with? I want to start reno ASAP, but still haven't decided on a contractor. I don't need ID, just a reasonably priced and reliable contractor. Tks!

Hi JS21,

You might wanna try my contractor... He did all my Wetworks, Electrical, Ceiling etc etc... PM me if you are interested...

As for the rubbish issues, lets take some photos and compile and send to the town council...

And its raining these few days, any one spotted any potential mosquitos breeding spots???

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Good idea abt taking pics of the rubbish and send to town council, hope they will buck up and perhaps they can send some guys to catch those bug litters!:notti:! Anybody has the town council email? Lets flood their email!

Btw, anybody install spray gun for your toilet? Wonder how much does it cost to install one? My contractor quoted me 60 for installation.

Hi JS21,

You might wanna try my contractor... He did all my Wetworks, Electrical, Ceiling etc etc... PM me if you are interested...

As for the rubbish issues, lets take some photos and compile and send to the town council...

And its raining these few days, any one spotted any potential mosquitos breeding spots???

Hi all, I just called the town council also. I told them that the rubbish on our floor was there for almost 1 week and no one sweep. And we had to sweep ourself. He say he will feedback to the supervisor and they will send someone down to inspect the area. Not sure how reliable they are.

Good idea abt taking pics of the rubbish and send to town council, hope they will buck up and perhaps they can send some guys to catch those bug litters!:dribble:! Anybody has the town council email? Lets flood their email!

Btw, anybody install spray gun for your toilet? Wonder how much does it cost to install one? My contractor quoted me 60 for installation.

Hee.. maybe send to Stomp or Xin.sg more effect

Good idea abt taking pics of the rubbish and send to town council, hope they will buck up and perhaps they can send some guys to catch those bug litters!:dribble:! Anybody has the town council email? Lets flood their email!

spray gun? as in water spray fixec next to the WC for use to wash the toilet? I bought the spray for about $20+ and my id will get the contractors to install foc.. Space, i thought yr contractor should be installing yr bathroom accessories for u FOC? If he charges $60 for the item + installation, i think it's quite ex.

Good idea abt taking pics of the rubbish and send to town council, hope they will buck up and perhaps they can send some guys to catch those bug litters!:dancingqueen:! Anybody has the town council email? Lets flood their email!

Hi...I installed a spray gun in the toilet. But because we did not have expose pipes, they had to make an outlet for it. I did mine for $50 installation.

Is this spray gun the one that can also wash...erm, hehe, you know lah, for our friends who don't use toilet papers one...

I also would like to install one (no, not for that lah! I got use toilet paper one ok!), cuz its very useful for cleaning and sometimes can spray at the toilet bowl also, after you did a big one there.

BTW, does anyone knows when are they going to take down the stickers and protective wooden panels in the lifts?? Everyday come home like staying in construction site like that. Can't wait to see the lifts like the one at our MSCP, which does not have the protective wooden panels.

Hi...I installed a spray gun in the toilet. But because we did not have expose pipes, they had to make an outlet for it. I did mine for $50 installation.

shouldn't need to have an extra outlet if youre installing rite beside the toilet bowl. For mine, the plumber just use the water inlet pipe to the toilet bowl, install a joint to have water to the bidet (spray gun thingy).

I got the bidet at 20++, installation was done "foc" by my ID

Saw this at sinbrides forum .. really sad abt our neighbourhood. What is up man? Dirty? Break in?

PRGR (prgr)

Username: prgr

Post Number: 52

Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 2:36 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

FYI.

Saw police car several times at blk 90 and 91. Heard from those shop owners that there are several break-in. Just be careful

shouldn't need to have an extra outlet if youre installing rite beside the toilet bowl. For mine, the plumber just use the water inlet pipe to the toilet bowl, install a joint to have water to the bidet (spray gun thingy).

I got the bidet at 20++, installation was done "foc" by my ID

Hey djulyn, wow your id same like my contractor charge so ex just to install a small spray :good:

Your ID is dyel design? I saw their website, looks good. Are you happy with their work? How much did you pay for your reno? Who is your designer? You have any pics to share with us?

Sorry, allow me to rant abit.

It's so maddening. My family in law wants me to do grills. It'll mar the view of the apartment, and there's no need for the grills at all since there're only adults living in it. My family in law thinks it's for safety reason in case there're kids visiting. I said even if there are, it wouldn't be very often.

My sis-in law had the cheek to say what if her son visits? So she expects me to do grills for her son's safety? How often will he come anyway? Once a year?! :good: She kept insisting I MUST do grills! Hello, it's my house, if you want, you can suggest nicely. But to insist that I MUST? Have some respect please, it's MY house, not yours.

I told her there's no such thing as MUST. Then she got angry, and went behind my back and scolded me in Hokkein to her parents. ;) I heard her scolding me CHAO BAN.

Not her house and yet she behaves like this?

My father in law said he'll pay for the grills. He thinks it's so simple like coming out with money and I'll do grills? PLEASE!

I think if I have children, then it'll be irresponsible of me not to do grills. When the time comes, I'll do it. But currently I do not have any and I love the view without grills! Why are these people INSISTING I MUST do grills for THEIR kids safety? It's **** ridiculous to me. I don;t forsee them coming often anyway. At the most, a few times a year only for a few minutes! My sis in law can jolly well keep keep close watch on her precious son during those visits, if any. It's very thick-skinned to tell me to do grills for my house for your son's VISITS.

She told me kids are very fast, and might just fall over! :yamseng: Yeah, everthing might might might in case incase incase...can't stand interfering people.

If it's their kids, it's their responsibility! Not mine. If they want to come, they're wlecome. Just beware of your own kids safety. But to insist I MUSt do grills in case their kids come visiting? :good:

Edited by JS21

Sorry, allow me to rant abit.

It's so maddening. My family in law wants me to do grills. It'll mar the view of the apartment, and there's no need for the grills at all since there're only adults living in it. My family in law thinks it's for safety reason in case there're kids visiting. I said even if there are, it wouldn't be very often.

My sis-in law had the cheek to say what if her son visits? So she expects me to do grills for her son's safety? How often will he come anyway? Once a year?! :dunno: She kept insisting I MUST do grills! Hello, it's my house, if you want, you can suggest nicely. But to insist that I MUST? Have some respect please, it's MY house, not yours.

I told her there's no such thing as MUST. Then she got angry, and went behind my back and scolded me in Hokkein to her parents. :P I heard her scolding me CHAO BAN.

Not her house and yet she behaves like this?

My father in law said he'll pay for the grills. He thinks it's so simple like coming out with money and I'll do grills? PLEASE!

I think if I have children, then it'll be irresponsible of me not to do grills. When the time comes, I'll do it. But currently I do not have any and I love the view without grills! Why are these people INSISTING I MUST do grills for THEIR kids safety? It's **** ridiculous to me. I don;t forsee them coming often anyway. At the most, a few times a year only for a few minutes! My sis in law can jolly well keep keep close watch on her precious son during those visits, if any. It's very thick-skinned to tell me to do grills for my house for your son's VISITS.

She told me kids are very fast, and might just fall over! :bangwall: Yeah, everthing might might might in case incase incase...can't stand interfering people.

If it's their kids, it's their responsibility! Not mine. If they want to come, they're wlecome. Just beware of your own kids safety. But to insist I MUSt do grills in case their kids come visiting? :dribble:

What did your wife think about this issue? Don't forget, it's not about what you like, your wife may be 'sandwiched' in between. Discuss with your wife and I'm sure things will work out in the end. Just remember, only you and your wife can decide, others cannot interfere... :notti:

I'm a woman, so you'll mean my husband.

What he thinks? 1 year ago when we were looking for a house, we already agreed that if we are lucky enough to find a house on a high floor and non-corridor unt, then we do not need grills. We are indeed fortunate to be able to buy this Tanglin Halt unit just as I hoped, high floor, all windows facing outwards, unblocked, good views, etc..and yay and no need grills!:sport-smiley-004:!

So I thought. Just on Sunday, he must have told his parents our plans. When they realised we do not intend to do grills, they told him we need to do grills for safety reason in case kids visit. He listens to them alot, so he dutifully agreed and suddenly started echoing his family views and kept insisting we need grills.

I said: For what?

Him: For kids' safety.

Me: whose kids?

Him: In case kids visit.

Me: No kids will come lah. Even if have, not often.

Him: What if my nephew comes?

Me: How often will he come?

Him: *silence*

Me: Once a year? During housewarming only? At the most few times a year only. Like that need to do grills already ah? They're also not living here!

Him: *angry*

After that he kept on pestering me to do grills. Very frustating having the deal with that. Then suddenly yesterday while I was at his parent's place, he told them I do not want to do grills. The parents suddenly explode and the father forcefully told me I NEED to do grills. My father in law said, if you do grills, then I'll support! The mother also echo the same views. Then the sister sitting nearest to me started insisting, I MUST do grills. MUST ONE..MUST ONE!! What if her son visits? Kids action very fast one, what if one kid falls down? What if..what if..what if... :sport-smiley-004: The most infuriating thing is she scolded me CHAO BAN just because I stand firm on my point and did not listen to her. How can she behave like this? Have more respect for people's own views and opinions. Nobody like other's opinions and views to be forced down their throats. Moreover it's MY house, not hers!

I do not succumb to pressure easily. The more they insist, the more it'll turn me off only.

My ID told me to buy the spray gun and he will get the plumber to install, no extra charge.

BTW, does anyone knows when are they going to take down the stickers and protective wooden panels in the lifts?? Everyday come home like staying in construction site like that. Can't wait to see the lifts like the one at our MSCP, which does not have the protective wooden panels.

But a lot of units still doing reno leh, if remove early, sure will ganna scratch.

The most infuriating thing is she scolded me CHAO BAN just because I stand firm on my point and did not listen to her.

What is CHAO BAN?

JS21,

Just tell your in laws, "I've paid so much $ for the view, and if install grills, will look like being caged inside."

Most old folks won't understand.

I'm a woman, so you'll mean my husband.

What he thinks? 1 year ago when we were looking for a house, we already agreed that if we are lucky enough to find a house on a high floor and non-corridor unt, then we do not need grills. We are indeed fortunate to be able to buy this Tanglin Halt unit just as I hoped, high floor, all windows facing outwards, unblocked, good views, etc..and yay and no need grills!:sport-smiley-004:!

So I thought. Just on Sunday, he must have told his parents our plans. When they realised we do not intend to do grills, they told him we need to do grills for safety reason in case kids visit. He listens to them alot, so he dutifully agreed and suddenly started echoing his family views and kept insisting we need grills.

I said: For what?

Him: For kids' safety.

Me: whose kids?

Him: In case kids visit.

Me: No kids will come lah. Even if have, not often.

Him: What if my nephew comes?

Me: How often will he come?

Him: *silence*

Me: Once a year? During housewarming only? At the most few times a year only. Like that need to do grills already ah? They're also not living here!

Him: *angry*

After that he kept on pestering me to do grills. Very frustating having the deal with that. Then suddenly yesterday while I was at his parent's place, he told them I do not want to do grills. The parents suddenly explode and the father forcefully told me I NEED to do grills. My father in law said, if you do grills, then I'll support! The mother also echo the same views. Then the sister sitting nearest to me started insisting, I MUST do grills. MUST ONE..MUST ONE!! What if her son visits? Kids action very fast one, what if one kid falls down? What if..what if..what if... :sport-smiley-004: The most infuriating thing is she scolded me CHAO BAN just because I stand firm on my point and did not listen to her. How can she behave like this? Have more respect for people's own views and opinions. Nobody like other's opinions and views to be forced down their throats. Moreover it's MY house, not hers!

I do not succumb to pressure easily. The more they insist, the more it'll turn me off only.

Your husband shouldn't tell his parents that YOU do not want to do grills, he should say, "WE do not want to do the grills." By saying the word 'YOU', he's like pointing the finger at you and took the blame on you. As a couple, it's wrong to blame each other, this will affect your marriage. Both of you must stick together and be strong and insist together not to do the grills. Then the parents will have nothing to say. If the parents still nagging, then let it be, they will stop once both of you have strictly decided not to do grills. Meantime, you must understand your husband that this problem will make him stress up. Try to give in a bit if possible so that your husband understands that you still care for him and not want to stress him.

Btw, if you have curtains and no window grills, it's nice. But once you want to do the grills in the future, the brackets for the curtain tracks may need to extend longer.