Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Sorry to anyone who came for the meetup yesterday - I overslept and went down very late. But I guess also not alot of people came right...hehe...

Anyway, who is sitting at home NOW and nothing to do?? Come down for a kopi/tea!! I am going down now...hehe...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Sorry to anyone who came for the meetup yesterday - I overslept and went down very late. But I guess also not alot of people came right...hehe...

Anyway, who is sitting at home NOW and nothing to do?? Come down for a kopi/tea!! I am going down now...hehe...

So sorry zirhk, doing many chores after the curtain installation, but we passed by there around 3pm+, didn't see you... !! anyway...sleepy now, cannot join you for kopi/tea, enjoy ur tea anyway....zzz.z.z.z... ;)

Heavy rain, did not go down. Anymore meet up?

Hi Hi! We will be home this evening... anyone wants to meet up for coffee? The Kopi Peng at the market very nice! but not sure if they open tonite heh

Hi guys

For those who knows Angel and me, we will be having our housewarming party this Saturday at 12:30pm. All of you are invited! Please come along for lunch and get to know each other. No need for any gifts at all, I am serious. Just want to know all of you neighbours mah!

For those do not have my address, please call my mobile at 81883355 - erm do not use a private line so that I can trace who I gave my address to.

Hello, i m from Jalan Membina thread. Jus wondering anyone of you in Tanglin Halt has engaged Gim Wee as their Renovator? Any feedbacks to share?

Hey Guys,

Am new here but i got a unit in blk 91, started reno a few weeks ago thus have been going down to our neighbourhood alot recently, somehow i realised that our area has been looking dirty and a lot of rubbish been throw around. Not sure if u guys feel the same way? Maybe we shld all complain to the town council. Obvious they haven't been doing a good job in cleaning n upkeeping the cleanliness. Just imagine if this goes on, how wld our estates look like in two yrs time :)

Lastly, anyone experience on n on slow flow of water in your unit?

Hey Guys,

Am new here but i got a unit in blk 91, started reno a few weeks ago thus have been going down to our neighbourhood alot recently, somehow i realised that our area has been looking dirty and a lot of rubbish been throw around. Not sure if u guys feel the same way? Maybe we shld all complain to the town council. Obvious they haven't been doing a good job in cleaning n upkeeping the cleanliness. Just imagine if this goes on, how wld our estates look like in two yrs time :wub:

Lastly, anyone experience on n on slow flow of water in your unit?

Notices has been put up recently. Slow flow of water? Anyone faced any problem after installing rain shower. Water pressure should be between 3-4bar right?

ah yess yess ... I was also wondering why the cleanliness level is so low. I thought it might be just because its still renovation time. :wub: I will call the town council to complain later.

Cleaniness

Think the town council cleaners kind of slack a bit lar... since they clean so much also no use, cos will get dirty very soon... Pass by block 89 just now, theres a lot of litter thrown from the air well area...

Water Pressure

Was thinking of using Rain Shower too, but the shop owner (Poh Joo) advised that if we are using the Citygas Gas Heater, the presuure will be weak...

Cleaniness

Think the town council cleaners kind of slack a bit lar... since they clean so much also no use, cos will get dirty very soon... Pass by block 89 just now, theres a lot of litter thrown from the air well area...

Water Pressure

Was thinking of using Rain Shower too, but the shop owner (Poh Joo) advised that if we are using the Citygas Gas Heater, the presuure will be weak...

Well, the water pressure is the confusing part. Some say use citygas while some say must use storage tank and not individual electric heater.

I guess not on the heating part. the retailer should advise on the water pressure part, else rain like no rain.

Anyone can recommend a good contractor who has done your home at Tanglin Halt and whom you're satisfied with? I want to start reno ASAP, but still haven't decided on a contractor. I don't need ID, just a reasonably priced and reliable contractor. Tks!

I have called up town council to complain but i do hope if you guys feel the same way, pls make a call as well so that they will take action. Blk 89 is really bad, rubbish everywhere. Doesn't seem like anyone cleaning at all. Really frustating :curse:

Also i think renovation in progress is not an excuse for the cleaner to slack, i mean if the rubbish just keep on accumulating, there will be no ending to it.

Edited by SPACE

It is not totally the town council fault, it is partly the resident fault and responsibility.

Rubbish everywhere on the floor and thrown down the airwell shows that it is done by the residents.

If you go round the other 10 storey blocks around Tanglin Halt, all blocks are dirty. This shows that most resident of Tanglin Halt are poorly educated and not civil minded.

Compare and take a look at estate of Tampines, Pasir Ris and East Coast in the east side.

Area are to be upkept by the cooperation of town council and residents.

I'm not speaking on behalf for the twon council, in fact I've wrote a complaint letter to them but not much action was taken. Next, I'll elevate to the non-stop to the next higher authority till satisfactory actions are taken.

I think for now we need to calm down and give this some time; after all, the estate had been opened for less than six months!

Everyone is moving in and naturally there are alot of cartons, rubbish and stuff; of course I do not condone those who throw rubbish down the airwell, these people should be tracked down and penalised.

But for the occasional heap at the lift lobbies, rubbish dumps or some loose cartons here and there, we just got to wait till all the residents settle down and see how it goes. Unless, of course, the situation becomes so badly infested with rats or pests, then we better go pressurise the town council for some immediate action. For now, its part and parcel of new estates lah, just bear with it for awhile.