Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Do note that the exit near sheng siong allows people to go onto Tanglin Halt Road, then turn right shortly can go into the small road between the NPP and wet market, then go onto Commonwealth Dr. If can only exit at the primary school c/site, then drivers who want to go Commonwealth Dr will have to go all the way to the end of Tanglin Halt (near the church/indian-temple junction) and turn right, which is a big round.

Another thing is I was looking at the 'man-made' dirt track right smack in the middle of the grass patch, felt that its really the stupid landscape architect's fault - should have built a nicely-designed pathway, so that people from the wet market can walk straight to our roundabout and playground.

Guys, I think its time for another meetup? How about this Sunday morning? According to the Koufu signboard, it should be open this Friday liao (although I am highly suspicious), so we can gather there on Sunday morning, say 10am, then go visit again lah.

Onz??

Sunday my wife and I go jogging early morning and then will have breakfast at market hawker centre (or maybe Koufu?)....btw, my sofa will only arrive on the 21st October from my old neighbour's house (2nd-hand sofa), so if you guys happened to drop by again, sorry that you have to stand.... :notti: also, may be very untidy in the rooms (underwears hanging around....hahaha)...paiseh paiseh..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Do note that the exit near sheng siong allows people to go onto Tanglin Halt Road, then turn right shortly can go into the small road between the NPP and wet market, then go onto Commonwealth Dr. If can only exit at the primary school c/site, then drivers who want to go Commonwealth Dr will have to go all the way to the end of Tanglin Halt (near the church/indian-temple junction) and turn right, which is a big round.

Another thing is I was looking at the 'man-made' dirt track right smack in the middle of the grass patch, felt that its really the stupid landscape architect's fault - should have built a nicely-designed pathway, so that people from the wet market can walk straight to our roundabout and playground.

Guys, I think its time for another meetup? How about this Sunday morning? According to the Koufu signboard, it should be open this Friday liao (although I am highly suspicious), so we can gather there on Sunday morning, say 10am, then go visit again lah.

Onz??

Paisay... this sunday I cannot make it.... Going to BKK. Another time ok?

I will try to make it. THanks for initiating again :dunno: but timing kind of early :furious: But my house's been the same since the last time you guys came over. Ha... empty.

No problem lah, visiting is only one of the agenda - main thing is to meet friends and get to know neighbours mah.

If 10am too early then maybe 11am? 12pm also can...

Sunday my wife and I go jogging early morning and then will have breakfast at market hawker centre (or maybe Koufu?)....btw, my sofa will only arrive on the 21st October from my old neighbour's house (2nd-hand sofa), so if you guys happened to drop by again, sorry that you have to stand.... :dancingqueen: also, may be very untidy in the rooms (underwears hanging around....hahaha)...paiseh paiseh..

Wahh, healthy lifestyle...hehe...I know I should exercise also lah, but no will power. Exercise already eat even more!

Anyway just come down for a chat that day lor...like above said, maybe not so early, like late morning or noon time instead...

I would love to join too, and meet fellow new neighbours... but sunday morning is soccer leh... will only go up to see the reno status in the afternoon...

Hmmz, seemed like quite a few of us cannot make it.

How about Sunday afternoon then? Never mind not alot of people lah, just gather around and we see how lor. The other day we also didn't know who will turn up, but in the end about 5 couples! Just come lor...surely someone will be there! (or at least you will see zirhk sitting there by himself...haha)

So let's fix it on 7/10, Sunday, 2pm?

How about Sunday afternoon then? Never mind not alot of people lah, just gather around and we see how lor. The other day we also didn't know who will turn up, but in the end about 5 couples! Just come lor...surely someone will be there! (or at least you will see zirhk sitting there by himself...haha)

Will join in if can finish early. :bangwall:

I'm installing my curtains sunday late morning, see whether got time in the afternoon, btw, sit inside or sit outside? :sport-smiley-004:

I'm installing my curtains sunday late morning, see whether got time in the afternoon, btw, sit inside or sit outside? :dunno:

Depends on weather lor...you should recognise me right? :dunno:

Depends on weather lor...you should recognise me right? :D

I can remember your figure only.....hehe....just kidding. :)

I'll be starting renovation at my unit in Tanglin Halt soon. Got a few questions, hopefully the helpful soon-to-be neighbours of Tanglin Halt can help me,

1) Air-Con - Is it possible to put 2 compressors at the air-con ledge? Mine is a 4-room unit. I'm thinking of doing a system 3 (3 bedrooms) + system 2 (Living/Dining room). Salesman said the air-con ledge is not big enough for 2 compressors. Is it true?

He said if we want to, we can still do it by placing one on top of the another, which means the air-con window will be partially blocked. Is there other way to go about this? Eg. laying the system 2 compressor horizontally on top of the larger compressor, instead of vertically.

Any advise will be appreciated!

2) Also, did everyone here placed the water storage heater in the kitchen? Anyone placed theirs in the bathrooms by re-routing the pipes?

3) Can the yellow gas pipes near the ceiling in the kitchen be removed if we're not using Citygas?

4) Is Citygas for heating water heater expensive compare to heating by electricity?

1) Air-Con - Is it possible to put 2 compressors at the air-con ledge? Mine is a 4-room unit. I'm thinking of doing a system 3 (3 bedrooms) + system 2 (Living/Dining room). Salesman said the air-con ledge is not big enough for 2 compressors. Is it true?

He said if we want to, we can still do it by placing one on top of the another, which means the air-con window will be partially blocked. Is there other way to go about this? Eg. laying the system 2 compressor horizontally on top of the larger compressor, instead of vertically.

Any advise will be appreciated!

Tell him to go take a look at all the aircon compressors in our blocks - everyone is having two compressors on the aircon ledge WITHOUT blocking the aircon window. Unless his aircon is super old model, compressor big big one? :good:

2) Also, did everyone here placed the water storage heater in the kitchen? Anyone placed theirs in the bathrooms by re-routing the pipes?

There are basically three types of commonly used water heaters:

1. Instant Water Heater - Directly connected to your shower head, hence placed inside your toilet.

2. Electrical Storage Heater - Heats up water for all the sinks and showers in the house; usually placed in the kitchen.

3. Gas Water Heater - Heats up water for all the sinks and showers in the house; usually placed in the kitchen.

So unless you are using instant water heater, usually people do not place the heater in the bathroomS. ONE storage heater is enough for ALL bathrooms...

3) Can the yellow gas pipes near the ceiling in the kitchen be removed if we're not using Citygas?

Yes.

4) Is Citygas for heating water heater expensive compare to heating by electricity?

Why not try the gas water heater since its free?? Don't like then change to electrical one lor. Rather than price, I think you would be more concerned about the temp of the water. This is because since gas heater does not have storage, they would take a while to heat up the water, depends on the length of the pipes also. Gas heater only switches on when you turn on the tap and it switches off when you turn off the tap, I guess that makes it cheaper.

But for electrical storage heater, it has to remain on all the time to have instant hot water. If you keep switching it off after use, the tank of water inside would turn cool so will take even longer to heat up later on. But if you don't turn off, then waste electricity...so dilemma lah!