Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

To be worried about break-in via windows is an overkill lah! Most of our flats' windows can only be reached by spiderman, and spiderman is a hero, so won't break-in your flat one, don't worry!!

BTW can take a pic of your windows with removed grilles? How did you take it out, just unscrew?? I was worried that the whole window will come out, haha silly me...if really can take out I also want to remove...

Oh I am finally back...

I also took out the bottom grilles of the living room.. at first looks scary but it actullay looks much nicer and more 'open' feeling. Not to mention that its much much easier to clean that part of the window. I have asked my contractor before, and they all mentioned that its not allowed to remove the grill. So after they hand over, i just took it out myself, actually very easy. All you need is a pen knife and a screw driver.

1. Remove the plug that blocks the hole to the screws.

2. Slice away the silicon glue at the angle bars that is connected at the edge

3. Unscrew all the screws (i forgot i think its 6 screws per panel)

4. Remove gently without scratching the sides and alot of aluminium dust will fall out so watch out

5. wahla.. . nice clear view!

Just keep the grill in your bomb shelter, and when you need to sell your flat later or need to install grill for all your windows, then just put it back...

disclaimer: pls dun hold me liable for any damages or fine for illegally removing it... actually i also duno if its really not allowed to remove it or not...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
:yamseng: Yay, I'm gonna remove mine!:jawdrop: Ask my husband remove. Ha, later his parents and sister faint. Anyway, I'll be expecting some snide remarks about the lack of grilles in the house perhaps during the housewarming or their next visit when the reno is completed . :rolleyes:

:yamseng: Yay, I'm gonna remove mine!:jawdrop: Ask my husband remove. Ha, later his parents and sister faint. Anyway, I'll be expecting some snide remarks about the lack of grilles in the house perhaps during the housewarming or their next visit when the reno is completed . :rolleyes:

before housewarming just say that you have window grilles in the house...... .. .. . err... but its in the bomb shelter.... .. . :rofl:

Haha! Ok, thanks for all your helpful comeback lines. :sport-smiley-003:

zirhk3355, maybe I shall invest in some of those child leashes for the kids during housewarming...heheh..*evil* I can imagine a bunch of kids on leashes!:sport-smiley-003: Then it's the parent's responsibility to use them and not blame me in case their "kids action really fast"..and fall over my grille-less windows. :dribble:

Oh I am finally back...

I also took out the bottom grilles of the living room.. at first looks scary but it actullay looks much nicer and more 'open' feeling. Not to mention that its much much easier to clean that part of the window. I have asked my contractor before, and they all mentioned that its not allowed to remove the grill. So after they hand over, i just took it out myself, actually very easy. All you need is a pen knife and a screw driver.

1. Remove the plug that blocks the hole to the screws.

2. Slice away the silicon glue at the angle bars that is connected at the edge

3. Unscrew all the screws (i forgot i think its 6 screws per panel)

4. Remove gently without scratching the sides and alot of aluminium dust will fall out so watch out

5. wahla.. . nice clear view!

Just keep the grill in your bomb shelter, and when you need to sell your flat later or need to install grill for all your windows, then just put it back...

disclaimer: pls dun hold me liable for any damages or fine for illegally removing it... actually i also duno if its really not allowed to remove it or not...

Thats GREAT! Cant wait to spend my saturday tml removing all my ugly grilles! :bleah:

Thanks for your insights! Maybe he's stressed, so am I! I also think it's ridiculous that grills are the cause of all these conflicts. I'm not so rich as to on the aircon 24/7. :good: Anyway, I'll be staying with my parents tonight, their house is near Tanglin Halt too, so I'll pop by alone to view unit..Heehee...Yesterday we were supposed to go down, but in his anger, he said not going already. I should be the one who's angry, yet he got angry with me for getting angry with his family members! :dancingqueen: He's on their side more than mine. For our wedding, I also had to fight very hard for what I want. I really envy those girls whose husbands give in readily to their every whims. My wedding was beautiful, but the memories of the fightings tarnish those beautiful memories... :( During the wedding, he thanked me for doing all the planning and giving him such a beautiful wedding. He gave me h-ell during the planning! Now after the wedding, he reminded me I'm a tua CC and only know how to spend alot and that the wedding is not even what he wants in the first place! :yamseng:

I'm think the reno will be no different. H-ELL..

I always believe that marriage is not just between 2 individuals. Like it or not, it is between 2 families (sometimes extending to relatives on both sides). No point straining all relationships bcos of reno, should be able to work out a compromise.

Really can? If can, I also wanna remove. Haha, instead of putting on grilles, I remove more grilles! :P

Can I check with y'all, I'm having headache over this, I want a 2-bowl sink. Is "L" shaped kitchen better where the sink is resting on shorter "L" and washing machine at the end near the kitchen window, or should I put the sink near the kitchen window where part of it jutting out because the protuding wall is too short. Or should I put the sink beside the protuding wall very near the cooker? I hope y'all will know what I'm saying because I think our kitchens should be similar. Any insights would be great. I need to know ASAP, hope to confirm floor laying and kitchen this weekend.

I intend to place a 1.5m (L) x 0.7m (W) kitchen table at the opposite wall. Which of the above will be the best layout? I'm thinking of putting the sink perpendicular to kitchen window where part of the jutting out of the protuding wall. Is that layout good?

Can the washing machine be put on the opposite wall and the dryer above it? I'm a shortie, can I reach the dryer this way? Can Citygas water heater be shifted slightly to the top or right or is there only one fixed point for installation? So many questions, hopefully some people can answer them. Thanks!

my opinion is better to get a smaller 1 1/2 bowl sink which is bout 63cm. put it near the jutted out L-shape corner which is width of the kitchen. then washing machine beside the window. then ur cooker near the other side of the jutting wall. btw, are u from unit 308 too?

or maybe post ur floorplan. it'll be easier for us to visualise

BTW can take a pic of your windows with removed grilles? How did you take it out, just unscrew?? I was worried that the whole window will come out, haha silly me...if really can take out I also want to remove...

This was during my routine checks after key collection. The bottom grille bars was twisted with sharp ends. Once they took it down, it never go up again. hehehe... so much nicer.

You need to locate the round 8mm plastic plug along the top & base of the grille, pull out the round plastic plug to screw the joint & Wala :P

Edited by HOME2BE

Can remove the bottom grilles meh? Is this allow?

Dunno. The indian guy ask me to endorse what was done the cover other ;) ba

:P Yay, I'm gonna remove mine!:P Ask my husband remove. Ha, later his parents and sister faint. Anyway, I'll be expecting some snide remarks about the lack of grilles in the house perhaps during the housewarming or their next visit when the reno is completed . :deal:

There's sharp edges & rather heavy. So be careful of yourself & your nice flooring/furniture ya.

Have not move in but already can see rust stains and spots on the HDB shower spray in my common bathroom, seems like quality not so good.

Possible to get a replacement from HDB/Building Service Centre?

Edited by TYM

Have not move in but already can see rust stains and spots on the HDB shower spray in my common bathroom, seems like quality not so good.

Possible to get a replacement from HDB/Building Service Centre?

Yes I think they should cover this. The people at the centre are quite ok one, even my little complaints like main door doesn't close properly and bomb shelter door too tight, they also come and rectify.

Yes I think they should cover this. The people at the centre are quite ok one, even my little complaints like main door doesn't close properly and bomb shelter door too tight, they also come and rectify.

Tks! will check with them.

Need some insights here. Should I make tempered glass swing door for the MBR shower area? The shower area is longish rectangular shape, afraid the width might be too narrow for bathing after installation, or that it will make it difficult to sit on the toliet bowl with ajar legs (sorry if too graphic), since toliet bowl is located just next to it.

Anyone installed and with no regrets? Need to know soon as I'm gonna sign with contracter soon!