Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

So happy - my toilet bowls will be changed next week! Hopefully they turn out to be better...

They haven change mine yet leh...am I suppose to call them Khriz?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I am not sure about you guys but when I submitted the maintenance request form on MyHDBPage, they called up within two days, came over to see the toilet bowl the following day and confirmed to change by next week.

I dun think they are doing it because its me, cuz the HDB officer only recognised me when he came up to my flat. BTW, all our officers are different; for Blk 89 is Mr Teo, Blk 91 is Mr Tan while Blk 90 is another guy. The other people (eg Peter) maybe the contractors...

Those who don't get response can try login to MyHDBPage and call your respective officers; their DID are displayed in the Flat Details page.

I am not sure about you guys but when I submitted the maintenance request form on MyHDBPage, they called up within two days, came over to see the toilet bowl the following day and confirmed to change by next week.

I dun think they are doing it because its me, cuz the HDB officer only recognised me when he came up to my flat. BTW, all our officers are different; for Blk 89 is Mr Teo, Blk 91 is Mr Tan while Blk 90 is another guy. The other people (eg Peter) maybe the contractors...

Those who don't get response can try login to MyHDBPage and call your respective officers; their DID are displayed in the Flat Details page.

oic, i tot that time u collect the unit nos. from the various homes (including mine)with toilet bowl backflow problem, can just sit and wait...heehee...i misunderstood....sorry :P ...anyway, not urgent, still can live with it... :D

ok, i will fill up the maintenance request in the website when i'm free, thanks. :thumbs up:

ActuaLLY I didn't ask the name of the guy that he called me last week. The chrome looks quite ok. As for the cover.. it's just much thinner when compared to our old "rigel" toilet bowl. See picture for clarification

P1000422.jpg

P1000423.jpg

P1000424.jpg

P1000425.jpg

floortrap.jpg

Thanks Armani for the photos. They look quite ok for us .... now I recalled why they delayed calling me liao ...cos i request for a dual flush new bowl .... mentioned to them that it helps us to save water mah .... so hope they can help me source a dual flush Saniton ... dont mind topping up the difference ...

so far any comments on the new bowls beside the top cover and chrome nuts?

This "saniton" is dual flush. Press and let go will be for ard 4.5litres and if u press and hold then it'll be a 9litres flush. actually the flushing... still not so strong as i had to flush twice to get everything out after "big" business. but it's considered much better as the "ahem" will not come back even if u flush once. only those bigger pieces toilet paper will not be flushed down the first time as tested. but i guess if u had a pail of water, just pour one scoop into the bowl before u flush, u 'll be able to get everything out in one "press and hold" flush.

Actually this brand(and perhaps model) is the same one as the one my mum(in woodlands) has during the hdb MUP.

oh ya... just saw "panda312" qns. They did drill holes to secure the nuts. in fact i think two holes were drilled. as you probably notice. "rigel" on had one hole while "saniton" had two on each side.(correct me if i'm wrong bout "rigel"). but i'm very sure they drilled holes on the floor.

But since the work is done by the contractors. they would surely have considered the part of waterproofing. didn't really stood there and look at them doing the work. but they had applied silicon to the sides of the bowl. perhaps... they applied silicon to the bolt as well?

Edited by armani

oic, i tot that time u collect the unit nos. from the various homes (including mine)with toilet bowl backflow problem, can just sit and wait...heehee...i misunderstood....sorry :P ...anyway, not urgent, still can live with it... :D

ok, i will fill up the maintenance request in the website when i'm free, thanks. :thumbs up:

I suspected the list of unit nos had contributed towards changing the brand of the toilet bowls, and some of us did get calls from HDB.

Maybe when you filled up the form you can put that you had already tried to contact them but no avail; maybe that will make them react faster. :notti:

I suspected the list of unit nos had contributed towards changing the brand of the toilet bowls, and some of us did get calls from HDB.

Maybe when you filled up the form you can put that you had already tried to contact them but no avail; maybe that will make them react faster. :notti:

Yeah, must push them then they will work faster... :D

Armani, you are rite, my parents' home also using Saniton, functions the way that you mentioned. Saniton actually not bad... :)

Edited by oda

hmm...off-topic here..i think I found a fellow hobby-ist. hehe...country lover, I also have a dry box to run 24/7.

Hehe...cool! But any idea if the dry box takes up a lot of energy consumption? My current one is a 30L and I'm running out of storage space. Cos I have my 2 SLRs and 5-6 lenses all back to back now. Actually thinking of upgrading to at least a 50L one but think it's gonna use up even more electricity? I've got another 30L one at my parent's place, maybe I shd bring it over. But just worried abt the consumption ie 2 X 30L vs 1 x 50L. Hmm... :o

Saw your chadeliers pics b4, should be able to change to those energy saving bulbs (shaped like candle). Can check out Megaman, Philips or even Ikea. We have a standing chandelier at home, changed to energy saving bulbs (7W each) from Ikea.

Erm, I actually checked with my electrician, but he said there are no energy saving ones for that kind of bulb holders for my chandeliers. The size of the holders are really small, not the usual sizes for lamps. :bangwall: So end up my chandeliers are really there as display, cos dun dare to switch them on too often. Sigh...

But thanks for your suggestions, I will check out Ikea since I might be going tonite. Hopefully they have a solution for me.

This "saniton" is dual flush. Press and let go will be for ard 4.5litres and if u press and hold then it'll be a 9litres flush. actually the flushing... still not so strong as i had to flush twice to get everything out after "big" business. but it's considered much better as the "ahem" will not come back even if u flush once. only those bigger pieces toilet paper will not be flushed down the first time as tested. but i guess if u had a pail of water, just pour one scoop into the bowl before u flush, u 'll be able to get everything out in one "press and hold" flush.

Actually this brand(and perhaps model) is the same one as the one my mum(in woodlands) has during the hdb MUP.

oh ya... just saw "panda312" qns. They did drill holes to secure the nuts. in fact i think two holes were drilled. as you probably notice. "rigel" on had one hole while "saniton" had two on each side.(correct me if i'm wrong bout "rigel"). but i'm very sure they drilled holes on the floor.

But since the work is done by the contractors. they would surely have considered the part of waterproofing. didn't really stood there and look at them doing the work. but they had applied silicon to the sides of the bowl. perhaps... they applied silicon to the bolt as well?

Ic .... but after some thoughts .... I may just use the current Rigel one for a few years then I change my own .... understand need to use at least for 5 yrs rite for the waterproofing thingy. Anyway, I quite like the current Rigel dual flush ... just get use to it can liao .... saw the material of Saniton ... seems thinner than the Rigel ... hence not very convinced it will serve better than the current Rigel .... comments from others?

Thanks.

Ic .... but after some thoughts .... I may just use the current Rigel one for a few years then I change my own .... understand need to use at least for 5 yrs rite for the waterproofing thingy. Anyway, I quite like the current Rigel dual flush ... just get use to it can liao .... saw the material of Saniton ... seems thinner than the Rigel ... hence not very convinced it will serve better than the current Rigel .... comments from others?

Thanks.

As long as it flushes better and won't crack under my fat butt, who cares if its thinner materials??

Unless made of gold (like NKF tt durai's!) then I can go melt and sell by weight, otherwise don't care about thickness lah!

Currently feedback from those who got the Saniton replacement is that it works better...

It also can do dual flush; press and release = small business, press and hold = big business!

As long as it flushes better and won't crack under my fat butt, who cares if its thinner materials??

Unless made of gold (like NKF tt durai's!) then I can go melt and sell by weight, otherwise don't care about thickness lah!

Currently feedback from those who got the Saniton replacement is that it works better...

It also can do dual flush; press and release = small business, press and hold = big business!

Good deal for you guys since starting to get a better replacement. I spent the extra money for my toilet bowls. But after 2 days of usage, really glad with its performance too! hehe...even big business can be flushed away with a half flush...a good water saving recommendation by PUB indeed.

actually after testing the new bowl for a few days. realised that big business can be flushed away with "press and release" as long as you pour one scoop of water before u flush.

The cover is indeed a little bit filmsy but we can always change the cover ourselves right? places like IMM, Jln Besar sells tons of those cover. And i believe our seat cover should be of standard size.

actually after testing the new bowl for a few days. realised that big business can be flushed away with "press and release" as long as you pour one scoop of water before u flush.

The cover is indeed a little bit filmsy but we can always change the cover ourselves right? places like IMM, Jln Besar sells tons of those cover. And i believe our seat cover should be of standard size.

Yes its standard size, you can buy those with seashells embedded inside, or those winnie the pooh and mickey mouse ones!

Some more kiasu ones may want to detach the existing cover and seat, bring to the shop to compare... :dancingqueen:

Hehe...cool! But any idea if the dry box takes up a lot of energy consumption? My current one is a 30L and I'm running out of storage space. Cos I have my 2 SLRs and 5-6 lenses all back to back now. Actually thinking of upgrading to at least a 50L one but think it's gonna use up even more electricity? I've got another 30L one at my parent's place, maybe I shd bring it over. But just worried abt the consumption ie 2 X 30L vs 1 x 50L. Hmm... :o

Erm, I actually checked with my electrician, but he said there are no energy saving ones for that kind of bulb holders for my chandeliers. The size of the holders are really small, not the usual sizes for lamps. :bangwall: So end up my chandeliers are really there as display, cos dun dare to switch them on too often. Sigh...

But thanks for your suggestions, I will check out Ikea since I might be going tonite. Hopefully they have a solution for me.

sorry~ missed out on your reply...

Anyway, personally, I think it's better to straight away up to a digital based 60L. Admit it...your gear gonna increase..haha...I know....and I think 1 unit consumes less than 2 separate ones..I also don't think they consume on the high side..but definitely noticeable as it's on 24/7..

My classmate who's gonna move in 7 storeys directly above me end of this month also the same hobby as us! hehe...he is an "Alpha-ist"

sorry~ missed out on your reply...

Anyway, personally, I think it's better to straight away up to a digital based 60L. Admit it...your gear gonna increase..haha...I know....and I think 1 unit consumes less than 2 separate ones..I also don't think they consume on the high side..but definitely noticeable as it's on 24/7..

My classmate who's gonna move in 7 storeys directly above me end of this month also the same hobby as us! hehe...he is an "Alpha-ist"

Gosh...I'm an "Alpha-ist" too! All from my many years of being a Minolta user! ;)

Anyway glad to meet fellow hobbyists here! Can arrange to go for shoots on weekend liao. :dancingqueen: