Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
btw anyone having tv reception problem?

Have you gotten SCV to come activate your points yet? Otherwise you will be receiving signals via the antenna on the top of our blocks. My TV reception was bad also when I depended on the antenna, but after activating SCV it becomes very good.

Let me go test my baron toilet bowl, if good, i recommend you all where to buy at $250 ok?. Personally like the design..you guys can come see when you want...

Welcome neighbour!!

Any pics for your toilet bowl?? :notti:

Have you gotten SCV to come activate your points yet? Otherwise you will be receiving signals via the antenna on the top of our blocks. My TV reception was bad also when I depended on the antenna, but after activating SCV it becomes very good.

Welcome neighbour!!

Any pics for your toilet bowl?? :notti:

activate scv means must have cable subscription ahz? I just got starhub subscription services. Does that mean I can have everything in good reception?

oh..i didn't specifically take a photo of it...maybe I go take tomorrow during lunch and upload the picture for you guys. It's a simple 1 piece design. Not that 2 piece kind.

activate scv means must have cable subscription ahz? I just got starhub subscription services. Does that mean I can have everything in good reception?

No need, but you have to tell them you want to subscribe lah. And since you subscribe liao they will surely come and do it for you.

oh..i didn't specifically take a photo of it...maybe I go take tomorrow during lunch and upload the picture for you guys. It's a simple 1 piece design. Not that 2 piece kind.

What do you mean one piece...?? :dunno::dunno:

No need, but you have to tell them you want to subscribe lah. And since you subscribe liao they will surely come and do it for you.

What do you mean one piece...?? :dunno::dunno:

oh...ok...but I thought we already have the scv plug at the wall? Need to do anything one mehz? I called them to ask how to shift the service from my current address to tanglin halt, they say just need to bring the modem over and connect then inform them to shift the service on their side then can liaoz.

Ok...Most toilet bowls that we see are seperated into 2 piece. that is the flushing system and the sitting module. There are quite a number of 1-piece toilet bowls around too. They are, in my general market survey, slightly more expensive. But to some people, it looks nicer. I tried googling and managed to find 1 sample photo of my Baron toilet bowls! hehe...see below to understand what I mean by 1-piece, you see no segregation between the flushing block and the sittng block. It comes in 3 colours I think. white, biege and black. But black is expensive as it costs $320.

one%20pcs%20bowl.jpg

Hope this helps!

oh...ok...but I thought we already have the scv plug at the wall? Need to do anything one mehz? I called them to ask how to shift the service from my current address to tanglin halt, they say just need to bring the modem over and connect then inform them to shift the service on their side then can liaoz.

Yup - accordingly, the SCV point was done up by HDB, whom connected it to the antenna. Only SCV's authorised contractors can come and connect your point to the SCV cable. And because HDB build so many flats, they do not connect up every flat, but only when owner calls them, because some people do not want SCV so the antenna would be good enough.

If they just ask you to shift over the modem then maybe your unit is already connected lor. For my case, the SCV's contractor open up the service door outside my house to do the connection, then come in to test every single point. If the signal is good, they will paste a sticker over it.

I tried googling and managed to find 1 sample photo of my Baron toilet bowls! hehe...see below to understand what I mean by 1-piece, you see no segregation between the flushing block and the sittng block. It comes in 3 colours I think. white, biege and black. But black is expensive as it costs $320.

Thanks for the pic! Why would anyone pay more for black toilet bowl; can just use this mahh... :notti::notti:

Special_Color_Effect_Spray_Paint.jpg

Yup - accordingly, the SCV point was done up by HDB, whom connected it to the antenna. Only SCV's authorised contractors can come and connect your point to the SCV cable. And because HDB build so many flats, they do not connect up every flat, but only when owner calls them, because some people do not want SCV so the antenna would be good enough.

If they just ask you to shift over the modem then maybe your unit is already connected lor. For my case, the SCV's contractor open up the service door outside my house to do the connection, then come in to test every single point. If the signal is good, they will paste a sticker over it.

Thanks for the pic! Why would anyone pay more for black toilet bowl; can just use this mahh... :notti::notti:

Special_Color_Effect_Spray_Paint.jpg

Haha...seriously, I almost got the black one as it won't show years of usage years later, example yellow water stains...also, most importantly, it needs to match your toilet. Some people like black toilets...

Spraying needs alot of skill lehz..haha..and it may peel when you get up from your toilet bowl after a few years! :D

Come to think of it...they never tell me whether my unit is connected the way you mentioned anotz. They asked me, and I presumed new flats are connected cause I see the box at the wall....maybe need to get them down to do it...do they charge for that?

Come to think of it...they never tell me whether my unit is connected the way you mentioned anotz. They asked me, and I presumed new flats are connected cause I see the box at the wall....maybe need to get them down to do it...do they charge for that?

First just see if your SCV points got that Starhub sticker or not. Second and the easiest way is to just plug in the box and see if can watch lor! :sport-smiley-003:

And anyway, its free to connect the SCV cable.

First just see if your SCV points got that Starhub sticker or not. Second and the easiest way is to just plug in the box and see if can watch lor! :sport-smiley-003:

And anyway, its free to connect the SCV cable.

thanks for the information khriz! :yamseng:

anyway...if anyone wants to replace any of your room wooden doors, I have an extra, cause i changed my toilet door to a bi-fold door. tell me soon as I need to do something about it soon...

anyway...if anyone wants to replace any of your room wooden doors, I have an extra, cause i changed my toilet door to a bi-fold door. tell me soon as I need to do something about it soon...

quite unlikely that these doors can be salvaged as the mounting hole position is slightly different from door to door and unit to unit, unless if the person does not mind visibly additional holes on the door.

also the dimensioning of the door also varies from unit to unit and door to door....

this was what happened to us the last time, end up discarding 5 doors

quite unlikely that these doors can be salvaged as the mounting hole position is slightly different from door to door and unit to unit, unless if the person does not mind visibly additional holes on the door.

also the dimensioning of the door also varies from unit to unit and door to door....

this was what happened to us the last time, end up discarding 5 doors

haha..wow...ok...then out it goes..

deepavali is right; I sold my MBR door to someone in the forum too and end up they got so much problems in fixing it up.

BTW just to let you guys know, we had an impromptu steamboat dinner last Sunday, total 6 attendees, jule+hubby, cartoon_wayne+wifey and myself+wifey. End up watching superband with some great wines. Will post up the pics soon...

We must have this more often!

haha..wow...ok...then out it goes..

hi sohzai,

remember some new neighbours asking for doors... but not sure if ur door will fit...

anybody here joined the facebook tanglin halt group?