Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Just an update about my ID Dennis on his after sales service. Recently realised that there are some water droplets under my kitchen sink. Informed Dennis about the problem. Despite full schedule on that day he still managed to arrange a slot for me to rectify the problem. One of my kitchen cabinet door also had a slight problem and amazingly he was also able to arrange for rectification on the same day. Kudos to his fast and professional after sales service!

:jammin: Hi

I fully agree with Newbie's comment about Dennis Tan. His after-sale support exceeded our expectation. There was a few minor problems required touch-up after our renovation on Sep 2013:

1. Minor wall hairline crack and small chip-off on the cabinet door edge, in my study room on Nov 2013.

2. Some bubbles on the study room table top, due to heat and damp on Dec 2013.

3. Silicon finishing near the edge of my full height wall cabinets cracked due to dry spell weather on February 2014.

Dennis was very responsive to our call. He immediately arranged his carpenter to do the restoration works at our own convenient time (My wife and I work on shifts) and closed the above mentioned issues swiftly at no extra cost.

4. In fact, the cabinet door below my MBR toilet wash-basin, was not able to close fully due to faulty hinge, after 7 April 2014. Dennis goes the extra mile to help me, liaise with the supplier (***, Tradehub 21) to come down and replaced the hinge without extra charge.

Lastly, I also like to take this opportunity to thank the people from *** and Noel brand wash basin for their efficient service and good job done.

:sport-smiley-018::sport-smiley-018:

Today, the boss of Summit Design Studio called and arranged for a meeting to view the state of the renovation of the place.

I shall report back after the meeting with Summit Design Studio.

Today, the boss of Summit Design Studio called and arranged for a meeting to view the state of the renovation of the place.

I shall report back after the meeting with Summit Design Studio.

Hi punggoldweller,

How ur meeting with Summit Design Studio boss?

Hi punggoldweller,

I also would like to know how to meeting with Summit Design Studio boss?

My house tiles were badly done too. i just move in 10 mth but the joint line keep peel off itself.

now the peel off line is countless, almost everywhere in the house. the tiles line get dirty easily and hard to clean, even use brush also cant clean up the tiles line.

the tiles line should be white but now all is grey. its irritating.

i visit my next door neighbour, they moved in earlier then us, they cooked everyday and the tiles is still white and beautiful. none of it peel off.

Hi Zero,

I had to postpone my meeting with them to tomorrow afternoon. My joint lines cracked and came off day after the chemical washing. Yes mine are very dirty and grey too.

In fact my joint lines will go from fat to thin to fat along the perimeter of tiles because they are trying to bridge up the different in height.

A couple of things I read online

1) Grout lines should not be sloped which makes it easier to chip off.

meaning it should be flush with the tiles, never higher.

2) There are some grout powder with additive to make it dirt resistance. I don't think they are using that. Generally in singapore, people just use white cement. which i read online it can absorb water..., not stain resistance.. The tiler SUmmit Design hired also call the powder bai hui.. white cement.

One thing i learn from the BSC supervisor: Grout lines, you overlay will not have enough sticking power.. You have to remove it entirely with a cutter and re-apply it.....

Today Summit Design(Boss, Project Manager, ID, Carpentry) came to my place to look at the defects.

The boss say will try to sort out everything and if there is anything should approach him directly by calling or sms-ing. He expressed that every company would have one or two (black horses), can't remember the term he used.

Summit Design boss says that he is not the supplier of my tiles so can only ask the supplier of my tiles to come and rectify. He arranged for the tile supplier, Harfary's staff to come and take a look and try to give me a solution. Will update you people the solution they provide.

He explained that blockboards are used because it is less likely to warp. But all boards(ply or blockboard) will warp. Seems like they are saying wanna to change it plywood and adjust the slanted drawer. But I declined because I already have plans to change the drawers mechanism.

Crack on the tile, offered to replace. Pending. I hate to clean up. Cos already cleaned up the kitchen twice from BSC help at patching.