Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, this is a belated review (reno completed Nov last year) of *** services from Summit Design.Quite a simple project (but still, being our first home, we naturally had high expectations) - 2 bedroom new condo, so no hacking was required. We knew exactly what we wanted - a kitchen island, storage at the tv wall, a display cabinet, planter decking, bay window laminates. However, we also had a strict timeline to meet.We met up with quite a number of IDs shortlisted through renotalk and magazines, and *** seemed to be the best fit for us. As we didn't enjoy communicating with the pushy ones ("why don't you sign up first and we can slowly go through the designs later"), the boastful ones ("look, this is my project on Home and Decor magazine" x infinity), we appreciated *** ability to balance aesthetic with practical ideas, and his willingness to listen to our needs, design ideas, and budget. He was also able to do quick sketches well (my spatial intelligence is quite poor, and his were one of the few I could understand without trying too hard), and had pretty good product knowledge. Although this is my first time being a homeowner, my family has engaged contractors and IDs a number of times, and I've seen firsthand how some of them can be very defensive, how some cut corners, and how some have absolutely no control over what their suppliers do.The schedule went largely to plan (any deviations, *** would notify us). Hiccups were dealt with quickly and fuss-free, without any excuses or fingerpointing by *** nor his suppliers. Workmanship of painters, carpenters and electricians met and sometimes exceeded expectations and they were easy to communicate with. Once the reno was done, *** was also very stringent with the checking, identifying some defects that we didn't notice and making swift arrangements to rectify them.Overall, we're pleased with *** services as he was able to take into account our design requirements and principles, and include his advice without being overbearing. More importantly, his good service and disposition were consistent throughout the entire process - from confirmation to delivery.Here're some pics:living.jpgliving2.jpgdrykitchencabinet1.jpgdecking1.jpgbedroom2zl.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.usI understand that home renovations can be a hit-and-miss process at times. For our case, we're just glad that we did our homework and shortlisting, placed our trust in ***, and everything turned out well. Good luck to those trying to find a good ID - I hope this review helps!(Edit: having read this again after posting it, I realise some might have their doubts - one hit wonder (now that my reno is over, I probably won't be coming back here to post again) - must be a hoax. It's up to you to decide. smile.gif My account isn't new anyway, have been a lurker here since 2007 when I helped my family to decide on an ID.)

Hi nicely done!! can pm me *** contact? Many thanks!!

Hi, i'm new here, and just went to Summit for quotation and i'm posted to Chris. Anyone has engage his service before? Is it ok to change designers within Summit?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi, I have also visited Summit and I am posted to Dennis. Anyone here engaged his services before and is it possible to get a $40 K quote for a 5-room BTO flat? Thanks!!

Anyone intending to engage Summit design studio can call 6345 7763 and look for the particular ID u want to fix an appointment (thats what i do).

Spoke to carol last sunday. She quite busy. First impression still okok only, display professionalism in discussion, told her the expection and requirement in my reno. Told me in advance that she couldnt give me quotation within short time as she have a few quotation need to come out with other customer. I told her 2 weeks is fine for me (cuz im still sourcing for other ID as well).

Edited by EvolutionX

Any one had ****** as their ID , well we had and we are currently staying in the completed work of his?

******... We are happy to engage services from Summit Design Studio and having ****** as our ID for our 5 room flat unit, that is of 30 years old.
The stories of those bad experience with those irresponsible and dishonest renovation company that we read from renotalk forum, attribute to our selection on the ideal renovation company. We werent so confident with the Company at the beginning , doubtful of the positive comments that was read on the forum assuming that those were fraud and part of gimmicks.

Our 1 1/2 month experience with the Summit Design Studio , especially our ID , ****** was good and assuring . The unit that we bought was a 30 years old one that condition was bad that require a lot of work ...

You can imagine how big the cost of renovation will be. We are glad to have ****** as ID , friendly and patient. He give us his invaluable advices and about cost saving that not most ID would do . He would also respond to our calls and sms even when it very late in the hour...

He is also patient with us , because we were indecisive at the design. In fact, the 3D drawing was changed more than 3 times, and finalized to suit our different requirement. Workmanship is good . It is the attidue and the service that makes it more assuring ...

:good:

If you want to view at the pictures, feel free to ask me

Edited by leyenda