Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

If they can't control/managed the workers...it's their fault. Can't because of that expect customers to wait n wait...

You do have a valid point here. But I know my ID had done his best and it was beyond his control. As far as I am concerned, he is not at fault. KA_CHE~1.gif

There is another thing bothering me. My just-installed shower screen needs to dismantle and re-do. 1 pc of glass panel is not upright (slanted outwards), so, the gap between the glass door and the panel becomes a thin "V" shape. Big gap at the top and tiny gap at the bottom. This kind of standard is not acceptable.

My ID had already taken some pics and he is taking the issue with the installer.

Why am I so unlucky to have to encounter such eye-sored workmanship and the hassle of having to re-do some work? WORDS_~1.gif

I just got a call from the Painter, informing me of the time they are coming. Giving me a time frame of 1/2 hr. This should be the wayBRAVO_~1.GIF.

Can let the customer wait, but cannot let the customer wait for too long. A time frame of within 1 hr is reasonable.

From now on, I won't wait for too long. If within 1 hr they don't come, I won't wait. I will just leave my house and continue with my work.

Edited by patgoh

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You do have a valid point here. But I know my ID had done his best and it was beyond his control. As far as I am concerned, he is not at fault. KA_CHE~1.gif

There is another thing bothering me. My just-installed shower screen needs to dismantle and re-do. 1 pc of glass panel is not upright (slanted outwards), so, the gap between the glass door and the panel becomes a thin "V" shape. Big gap at the top and tiny gap at the bottom. This kind of standard is not acceptable.

My ID had already taken some pics and he is taking the issue with the installer.

Why am I so unlucky to have to encounter such eye-sored workmanship and the hassle of having to re-do some work? WORDS_~1.gif

If it happen once or twice, then maybe close one eye. If it happens too often, then something is not right. Can't possibly always use the same reason all the time and push it to the workers. It means that the workers they engage have issue with time management

It indirectly reflected bad on the ID and the company as well, for using such workers.

It's just like in a company, if you are the boss, your workers do a bad job, can you tell your customers it's your workers fault not your fault?

Even if you outsource your job to 3rd party, somehow you got to be liable for it.

Edited by EeEe

Little update on the reno in Blk 144 Lor Ah Soo.

My complaint about the thin "V" gap glass door of my master shower screen has just been rectified by the installer. According to the installer, it was because of the size of the glass panel. He installed additional stainless steel bar at the top of my shower screen to secure the glass panels. I am very satisfied with the prompt rectification work. S_THUM~1.GIF

My satisfaction level of Summit reno, [scale from 1 (poor) to 5 (very satisfied)]

Kitchen cabinet - 5

Table top - 5

Painting work - 5

Tiling - 4

Plumbing - 5

Workflow Co-ordination - 3.5

Reliability - 5

Helpfulness - 3

Responsiveness to complaints - 5

Rectification work done - 4.6

Overall - 4.7

Patrick Goh

Hi,

Anyone has worked with Johnson from summit before? He seems experienced and is able to provide answers to our queries. Any one has engaged him as well?

Hi,

Have you already engaged Johnson from Summit? Able to provide any review? Thank you!

Just want to bump up my review for Carol Lim from Summit. Recently decided to install CCTV for my home and was quite worried about the extra wiring and ugly trunking that might be visible, decided to drop her a message to ask if she have someone who can help me with that at a reasonable price and she didn't disappoint! Even remembered that my husband is usually the coordinator (haha...) and informed me that she will help me ask for a quote and contact my husband directly. Thumbs up for Carol on her intiative and thoughtfulness :)

- A genuinely satisfied customer of Carol 5 mths into enjoying my home!

Just want to bump up my review for Carol Lim from Summit. Recently decided to install CCTV for my home and was quite worried about the extra wiring and ugly trunking that might be visible, decided to drop her a message to ask if she have someone who can help me with that at a reasonable price and she didn't disappoint! Even remembered that my husband is usually the coordinator (haha...) and informed me that she will help me ask for a quote and contact my husband directly. Thumbs up for Carol on her intiative and thoughtfulness :)

- A genuinely satisfied customer of Carol 5 mths into enjoying my home!

Hi,

Can share contact of Carol? Currently looking for an ID.

Thank you!

We did our unit with Sheldon and he was a great help. He never failed to attend to all the faults that surfaced and was patient with our complaints. As a matter of fact, we were so stringent with the final paint work, kitchen table top and bathroom showers that we would simply call Sheldon at the slightest imperfection. But no matter whether it was an unsatisfactory job done by the painter or contractor, he would ensure that the end-result met our expections! Kuddos to Sheldon and we strongly recommend him. We believe that many others here have testified that the summit team is a dedicated team. Keep up the good job!

Hi,

Have you already engaged *** from Summit? Able to provide any review? Thank you!

Hi has anyone of you engaged *** Summit Design Studio ? I have being liasing with him on my renovation quotation and so far compared to other IDs, he is considered more attentive and seems experienced enough to know well of what we want in mind. Kinda comfortable liasing with him but this is my first time doing renovation so is there any reviews or advice I can get from anyone of you before I commit into decision?

Hi, can also PM me the ID name? Thanks

Hi,

I received some PMs asking me for the name of my ID.

I wish to apologize for not replying to the PMs. I have my principles and hope that other forumers can understand.

My reno is almost completed. Will be taking over and making my final payment once the final touch up is done.

I will not be visiting this forum after this. So, not likely to read any PMs or postings.

Forum which edits,delete,suspends or bans forumer/s for posting his views loses its credibility. So forumers who think that they can get the whole and true pic from this forum would be in for disappointment. I was being suspended for stating the truth. Some of my postings were deleted.

So, to me, this forum is not my cup of tea.

Regards,

Patrick Goh

After getting and comparing so many quotations from so many ID firm (very tiring process) http://www.renotalk.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/sad.gif , my wife and I have signed with *** from Summit Design Studio as my wife felt that Johnson was more experienced in knowledge and responsive. Hopefully our renovation project will be a good one. Will update soon when my renovation starts.

we have just signed with Summit, ID ***, yesterday night.
he's a funny guy. haah

the cost was slightly above our budget, but i guess, u pay for the quality..

Hi,

Can give me *** number?

Joey