Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi!

I would like to check if this quote by them is their standard as I find it quite ex.

MASONRY WORKS (max tile price $2.40PSF)

Supply material & labour to lay 600 x 600 homogenous floor tiles for living, balcony and store room(approx 580sqft) $5,880.00

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi guys,

After hearing reviews (on Carol) from a few renotalk-ers and having personally visited one of her client's completed house, I felt rather confident with her.

I was at Summit's showroom yesterday and Carol went through the quote with me, giving me suggestions along the way. Although we had been communicating since May, she did not rush my hubby and I to sign on the dotted line. In fact, she said it's definitely okay for us to wait till a site visit for a final quote (collecting keys in end November).

Throughout these months of discussions via e-mail, she was very prompt. In times of doubt, she will send me photos for better illustrations.

She understood our concerns and worries being a 1st timer in house renovation, she gave us practical suggestions and truthfully told us that she is okay with us outsourcing some works to contractors as her quotes for these items were indeed higher than contractors.

As we did not have an exact idea of our theme, she lent us 2 albums of laminates (EDL and Jennings) for references! We were very surprised as we did not expect her to go the extra mile when we were not confirmed customers.

She told us that we were allowed 2 changes on 3D perspectives drawings. But because they were rather pricy if there is a lot of changes. She suggested us to go through laminates and colours, note them down and let her know. She will match for us according and if everything is okay, she'll send it for 3D drawings so changes can be minimized.

After going through the final quote and some bargaining :notti: , we decided to sign up with her.

On the same night, she even forwarded me an estimated work schedule so we can visualize the happenings during renovation better.

I hope this is a good start to our renovation! :yamseng:

Edited by punggolianaj

Anyone tried SD before? Read in the forums about them and many were excellent reviews. Approached them a few weeks back to do up my house and after some minor fumbles ( a month since last communicated), a few things I'm rather disappointed about like sub my project to another staff without informing the him, dear staff left for overseas during our meetup session and took one plus week (still counting down) to get back to me on some pictures that I requested.

Anyone care to share their experiences with **? So far not impressed but hope this is not a norm in popular ID firms.

Genuine comments.

I have signed up with Summit even though i still have no idea of when my key collection.

He's not pushy, willing to accomodate to our ideas and constant changes. Give suggestions on cost saving. Quote is def not the highest nor is it the lowest.
workmanship looks good after viewing 1 of his client's place.

Unlike other IDs we enquire on, he's able to draw out his concept/our ideas on the spot. This's what we wanted. We are not looking for an ID that after dscussing/sharing on our ideas/concept, will note down and then pass it to their in house designer to come up with the drawings.

Most impt, my wife and I feel comfy relating to him.

Let's hope that this will be a good reno with super less hassles and hiccups. Will update again when the reno starts.

Hi nooby,

If you are a genuine cust who had bad experience with Summit, please share it out here for the rest to see...

To the rest of the viewers, my home was recently completed by them.

I did not have a bit of problem with their service.

Is good and accomodating to my various requests.

I lives in Punggol Breeze and there are 2 neighbours here who had their homes done by them.

I viewed both the homes of my neighbours and he did a good job for both, tat is why I signed with them.

Their quotation is one of the lowest of the 12 quotes I have found, but the materials he used is not of the lowest quality.

For example, providing soft-closing hinges for all casement cabinets are quite standard nowadays...

But most of those I saw or read, their IDs either use a brandless type of hinge, or they use the cheapest ones from Blum.

Ben did the 2 homes and mine, using the Blum which is not the cheapest type.

To prove I'm not a fake customer, attached is my kitchen..

IMAG0201.jpg

hi don't mind sharing the bad experience. but make sure you check around before engaging them. check with referrals.

Edited by leyenda

Hi guys,

After hearing reviews (on Carol) from a few renotalk-ers and having personally visited one of her client's completed house, I felt rather confident with her.

I was at Summit's showroom yesterday and Carol went through the quote with me, giving me suggestions along the way. Although we had been communicating since May, she did not rush my hubby and I to sign on the dotted line. In fact, she said it's definitely okay for us to wait till a site visit for a final quote (collecting keys in end November).

Throughout these months of discussions via e-mail, she was very prompt. In times of doubt, she will send me photos for better illustrations.

She understood our concerns and worries being a 1st timer in house renovation, she gave us practical suggestions and truthfully told us that she is okay with us outsourcing some works to contractors as her quotes for these items were indeed higher than contractors.

As we did not have an exact idea of our theme, she lent us 2 albums of laminates (EDL and Jennings) for references! We were very surprised as we did not expect her to go the extra mile when we were not confirmed customers.

She told us that we were allowed 2 changes on 3D perspectives drawings. But because they were rather pricy if there is a lot of changes. She suggested us to go through laminates and colours, note them down and let her know. She will match for us according and if everything is okay, she'll send it for 3D drawings so changes can be minimized.

After going through the final quote and some bargaining :notti: , we decided to sign up with her.

On the same night, she even forwarded me an estimated work schedule so we can visualize the happenings during renovation better.

I hope this is a good start to our renovation! :yamseng:

I'm currently engaging Submit to do my home as well, a 20 year old house. Carol is the ID we're working with right now. Not very proactive like flooding you with ideas etc. It's best you engaged her with a intial concept of yours, however, if you're stuck, she can give pretty good suggestion but do tell her or she'd prefer you to do what you want with your house.

timing pretty on time as i brought forward my reno by 2 months and she's fine even. No rush, helpful, my wife feels comfortable with her. However, she doesn't give you a good idea of what you should do and when you should be doing in detail, you need to ask her. Like she'll tell you can bring in lights after certain works done but she'll hand you a schedule and you'll feel clueless exactly when will be a good time. Then again as i mentioned, if you asked, she's helpful in providing you the details and even contact the vendor for you to arrange.

Overall Helpfulness / attitude : 8

Worksmenship i've have to see, this is something ID not in total control. Today is 2nd day of hacking, so far on time, will update.

Hi guys,

I have signed up with Summit since July 2012.
Work is more or less 80% completed to date.
So far so good and definitely no complaints.
Nice ID to work with.
Pictures speak a thousand words...

Living Room
livingroom.jpg
Kitchen
kitchen.jpg
Main Bedroom
masterbedroom.jpg
Bedroom 2
bedroom1.jpg
Bedroom 3
bedroom2.jpg

Hi,

I received several PM asking me my ID's name. These PMs put me in a dilemma.

I am the type of person who commend the good and condemn the bad. But my ID is not that bad. Nothing serious enough to warrant condemnation. So, I decide not to reveal.

Please don't PM me.

Let me sleep soundly (snore like a pig)

Patrick Goh

yes, heard of and had used them. bad experience for me. so be careful when choosing reno contractor.

hi 2 years ago through this forum, i have engaged Summit for my house renovation and had quite a pleasant experience with them. Even till a few months ago i once again experienced good after sales service from Summit.

I had one faulty drawer due to my own misappropriate usage so rang up Summit to see if there any remedy. My ID was prompt in sending a repairman to my place and to my surprise, had a new drawer replaced free of charge for me.

Hence personally i highly recommend Summit to all.

Nooby, unsure of the bad experience u had with your ID but did you ever try to check with the Summit Boss to rectify your problem? in whichever company, there is bound to have black sheep but as long as there is a good leader, is the company that we consumer should have trust in.

Edited by freddie

Renovation is an one off thing. Those who surf this forum are people who are going to renovate their houses, their purpose of coming here are to: seek recommendation, suggestions and feedback on some contractors. After the renovation and feedback given, there isn't any purpose to come here anymore.

I am puzzled that there are forumers who renovated their house years ago still bother to come here to read and post. To me, there are 3 main categories of posting forumers.

1) Genuine house owners - to find a contractor. After completion of reno and leave their feedback, these forumers would disappear.

2) Forumers from Reno contractors - their main purposes are here are to promote their firms and defence any negative comments

3) Reno Competitors out to badmouth each other.

Who are the forumers who are trustworthy? It is not easy to know. But those who joined this forum for more than 6 months and still actively posting are forumers the general public need to be wary. They may be from the contractor side or from the competitors.

There is one forumer whose words are trustworthy and his views need to be taken seriously. This forumer none other than me - Patgoh.

Patrick Goh

Edited by patgoh

Renovation is an one off thing. Those who surf this forum are people who are going to renovate their houses, their purpose of coming here are to: seek recommendation, suggestions and feedback on some contractors. After the renovation and feedback given, there isn't any purpose to come here anymore.

I am puzzled that there are forumers who renovated their house years ago still bother to come here to read and post. To me, there are 3 main categories of posting forumers.

1) Genuine house owners - to find a contractor. After completion of reno and leave their feedback, these forumers would disappear.

2) Forumers from Reno contractors - their main purposes are here are to promote their firms and defence any negative comments

3) Reno Competitors out to badmouth each other.

Who are the forumers who are trustworthy? It is not easy to know. But those who joined this forum for more than 6 months and still actively posting are forumers the general public need to be wary. They may be from the contractor side or from the competitors.

There is one forumer whose words are trustworthy and his views need to be taken seriously. This forumer non other than me - Patgoh.

Patrick Goh

i think that is very generalising statement, patgoh. i am in this forum for nearly 2 years and i never badmouth any contractors nor actively promote any contractors. only when people asked me for contact in my tblog, then only i give. never purposely out to look to promote my contractor....

So what you said about forumers either from contractor side or competitors side are totally inaccurate. If you are the only one that can be trusted, then why you changed your posting?

Care to tell your job?

I just glance thru a few of your posts and I saw this:

"So those that want Ah Soon's number, here is it: ******** :yamseng:"

Why are you doing so?

OK, to answer you why I edited my posting -

The reason - at the request of Mr William, the Project Manager. I feel that since they are attending to my issues, it is fair that I take down my comments and let them rectify the defects. Of course if the defects remain, I would post it up again.

We have to give people a chance to do rectifications.

Patgoh

sure!! i work in a bank.... you want to come look for me? but i don't process loans nor take deposits.

if you look through my pages of tblog, you would see there are at least 50 postings asking for Ah soon number so after a long time if answering that, i post the number. if you look at the date i edited my posting, it would be this year, abt 3-4 months back. and i only do that in my own tblog, not all over the place.
i don't mind you giving others a chance to do rectification but to say that no one else is trustworthy or that old forumers are dubious, i think that is not right. and i stated before, i only give in my own tblog, not all over the place.

what is wrong with you that you have to attack those forumers that are here for long? we didn't do anything against you and yet you say we are not trustworthy. :furious: :furious: :furious: