Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Dear all,

I'm writing this in appreciation for the hard work put in by Ms Carol Lim and her team from Summit Design Studio(SDS).

We were about to receive the keys to our new home at Telok Blangah in Dec'11 and was shopping around for furnishings and renovation ideas during an Expo show in Nov'11. That's where we met Carol at their road show and had an initial layout planning at Expo. We were quite happy with the advice and proactive response from Carol during the layout planning and was promised a quotation within the next few days. True enough we got an initial quotation soon and we felt that the quotation was detailed,practical and in accordance to our requests. The pricing was also reasonable compared to the research we did online. The online community was also full of compliments about SDS works and therefore we decided to place our trust on Carol and SDS and signed up our renovation with Carol without getting any second quotes(pretty lazy here, hehe).It proved to be a good choice in the end.

We received our keys on 1st Dec'11 and had a site meeting with Carol that very evening . Carol understood that we were rushing to move in before Lunar New Year in mid Jan'12 and the renovation works commenced ASAP. Despite the very packed period for her sub-contractors, Carol came up with a work schedule to suit my shift work schedule and pushed for her contractors to keep on track as far as possible. She kept us updated on the possible delays or hiccups via whatsapp or email regularly and the whole renovation period was considered rather smooth-flowing.Her team of electricians, carpenters, tilers , plumbers and cleaner were friendly and helpful throughout the renovation period. The electricians and carpenters were especially responsive to our feedback and tried to rectify on the spot on most occasions.

Carol and her team's after sales service was also worth extra mentioning as well. She helped to arranged for touch ups even after handing over.Almost 6 months after moving in, the carpenter and Carol still offered to exchange a heat related defect in our kitchen for free. We really appreciate and feel her dedication & commitment in making our home like her very own home.

The final product was up to our expectations, if not better. The 3D drawings and advice from Carol were helpful in our choice of colors and laminates. We were able to move into our comfy nest on time on target during the peak period before Lunar New Year. A very big 'Thank You' once again for Carol and her team from SDS.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Apologize for my lengthy post of my post-reno review!

After 6 weeks of intense renovating and co-ordinating works, we have finally moved into our new 4 rm flat in Senja ! We felt it is time we penned our thoughts down , contribute to this forum and thank fellor forummers for all the research that was done here.

Prior obtaining our keys to our new flat in may, we have shortlisted 3 IDsfrom this forum and see what kind of ideas they could come up with. (since bothof us were zero in the designing department)

1st, P* L*...( shall not name him here ) After 2 hours meetup, this guyis sincere, nice and patient, however we felt that he doesn't "click"or "connect" with us. Some of the design my wife wanted for her kitchen, he doesn't really understand and came up with other things.

2nd, D*t*,...( again shall not name him )Maybe he has his sales target to meet. Felt this guy just wanted us to sign on the dotted line, pushy andimpatient at times. We were very uncomfortable meeting him. Needless to say, no more subsequent meetings.

3rd, Summit Design Interior Pte Ltd, ID Nicholas Leong. After the initial3 hrs meet up to discuss how to go about reno, me and my wife can already feel this guy's accommodating, easygoing, no attitude, not pushy for sales target and he suggested many ideas on how to go about renovating the kitchen. Subsequent meet-ups were relaxing, he sit down with us line by line explaining what we requested and those that we can opt in/out. He understands our needs and worked out the best around our budget. I think Nicholas is 1 of the few IDs who worked till late since we sometimes receive his quotatation past midnight. Needless to say, we confirmed with Nicholas after countless amendment quotations and reconfirming the design from this firm. We felt he has the"heart" to do business with us.

During renovation process, he took the trouble to helped to source out themost similar coloured tiles in his workshop for our door kerb since HDB cannot provide exactly the same tiles anymore. He draw up a time schedule and explain to us what are the works that is expected in the next coming weeks. Whenever his away for a period of days, he will sent sms to notify. He is always contactable and will always call back if busy.

I think I have made the poor painter (sorry I do not know his name) cameback and touched up on my wall countless times. Until I "paisay",kept calling him back. Yet Nicholas or his painter wasn't displeased.

His electrician worth mentioning I think was called "ah boy" and there's another plumb man which I couldn't remembered. They were superb. They installed the lights up fast and were accommodating to all other request for other minor works. 1 thing worth mentioning, most contractors will don't bother; Smoke inside their client's house. But I saw contractors from this firm smoke outsidethe lift lobby as not to dirty the house. (because I do surprise checks)

Carpentry work and general plumbing works were generally good. Even after we havemoved in, my tv console hinge got knocked out by accident by my boy , I called Nicholas, and his men came back within the next day for rectification work. Before renovation I was skeptical about the firm. But after the work done, I think this is 1 of the few renovating firms that we did not need to quarrel until "mian hong er chi" or any unhappiness arises; unlike other friends or family may have encountered. We have a very positive experience dealing with Summit design team and we certainly hope others will have a happy and satisfied renovation process as well. :)

img0268e.jpg

Living rm area

img0271mf.jpg

Kitchen cabinet up

Edited by hitsuji123

We just engaged the services of Marcus Pee. Seems sincere and quite prompt response so far. As ours is a DBSS,only minor works is required.

Will post more reviews on SDS and Marcus once renovations complete =)

**crossing fingers nothing goes wrong...

Hi Superfree, your shoe cabinet and TV feature looks great! Can pm me Gavin contacts. Thanks in adv...

I just met up with ***** last Sat, we felt he is really experience and professional, he did the space planning and draw some hand sketches base on our requirement, after that he showed us around his showroom with some carpentry work explanation. After the meet, he promised to give quotation within 3 days...and he really did!! Quote not the highest, neither was the lowest...Looking forward to view his project's site in order to take a look at the workmanship by next week.

I just met up with ***** last Sat, we felt he is really experience and professional, he did the space planning and draw some hand sketches base on our requirement, after that he showed us around his showroom with some carpentry work explanation. After the meet, he promised to give quotation within 3 days...and he really did!! Quote not the highest, neither was the lowest...Looking forward to view his project's site in order to take a look at the workmanship by next week.

Hi chenchen,

Can you msg me ***** contact. Thanks!

Hi chenchen,

Can you msg me ***** contact. Thanks!

Hi, Jenny, You can reach him at gavinlee@summitdesignstudio.com.sg
Good Luck :drunk: Edited by leyenda

After settle down for my new home in punggol for few months, finally I have time to share my personal views/comments abt my ID for his hard work and effort in our new home.

I have engaged *** from Summit Design after searching for a few ID firm. Reason being, he is knowledgeable,unlike those who do sales-talk speech alot,but with no knowledge at all. He is quite accomodating and of cos price is reasonable ,furthermore with 5 yrs warranty after-sales.

I can said that from the first meeting with *** to handing over, his attitudes and service remain unchanged,unlike those who changed after closing the deal and collect payment from you.

For followup & coordination work from quotation to actual work, he is responsible and prompt in replying you via sms/email.
Sometimes when I sms him late at night, he still tried his best to reply me back.No problem in contacting him.

Though,along the way, there is some minor hiccup cause by his contractor but he always tried his best to resolve asap,this is what I call a responsible ID.

Till now, he is still reachable when I need him to touch-up certain things for me,quite appreciated.Hopefully in future as well. I think some other ID may have possibly deleted your hp no. once handover.

Hope my sharing helps.

Hi
Will appreciate if you can share *** contact with me. Thanks!

Hi,

I just met *** this afternoon in his Joo Chiat road office. Nice guy with full of energy..he already gave me a quotation and floor sketch. So, I just bring along those with some inclusions and few modifications which I require.
He was very patient while listening, also suggested me some good ideas to minimize the cost.
I was told him to trim a bit, so as to fix within my budget, where he promised me that he'll do his best without compromising quality and service.
I do believe that those whom all engaged him before and intend to engage him might get relaxed and stress-free renovation.
Looking forward to start our reno shortly with handsome, polite and honest ID.
Really don't know, whether can mention his mobile number or email id here?
Any need arise, PM me. I'll send it.
Good luck guys!

Hi,

I just met *** this afternoon in his Joo Chiat road office. Nice guy with full of energy..he already gave me a quotation and floor sketch. So, I just bring along those with some inclusions and few modifications which I require.
He was very patient while listening, also suggested me some good ideas to minimize the cost.
I was told him to trim a bit, so as to fix within my budget, where he promised me that he'll do his best without compromising quality and service.
I do believe that those whom all engaged him before and intend to engage him might get relaxed and stress-free renovation.
Looking forward to start our reno shortly with handsome, polite and honest ID.
Really don't know, whether can mention his mobile number or email id here?
Any need arise, PM me. I'll send it.
Good luck guys!

fantastic review from u...