Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

Can I have ID contact nos? As I have a rather tight renovation budget, I need to find an ID who can help me save some money.

S/N DESCRIPTION T/PRICE
PROFESSIONAL SERVICE
1 Design consultation & space planning
2 Design proposal & 3D prespective drawings ( *$300.00 ) *F.O.C
3 Selection of colour, material & accessories , decoration advice
4 Site co-ordination & supervision
A PLUMBING WORK (OWNER SUPPLY FITTING)
1 Supply & install new Stainless steel piping for Kitchen sink (Cold only) $180.00
2 Supply labour to install 01 nos of Kitchen sink $80.00
3 Supply labour to install 01 nos Storage heater $100.00
4 Supply labour to install 01 nos Kitchen sink Tap fitting $60.00
5 Supply labour to install shower set F.O.C
6 Supply labour to install Accessories & mirror F.O.C
B PAINTING WORKS
1 Painting of whole house with ICI/NIPPON Pentalite paint(Up to 6 colour) $1,250.00
a main gate, frames & piping
C TIMBER WORKS
1 Supply & install Classic door at 03 nos bedrooms & 02 nos toilets c/w $950.00
round door knob sets with magnetic stopper
D ALUMINIUM BI-FOLD DOOR
1 Supply & install 02 nos Aluminium Bi-fold door at Both toilets
CUSTOM-MADE FURNITURE (EDL LAMINATE)
E MASTER BEDROOM
1 Design & fabricate (L8ft) full ht Sliding doors Wardrobe $2,240.00
a Selected Laminate finish
b internal carcass in white pvc finish
c heavy top hung tracks
d lockable drawer unit
e top storage cabinet
F KITCHEN CABINET
1 Design & fabricate Suspended kitchen cabinet complete with : $2,720.00
a doors in seleted laminate finish and ABS trimmings
b (L21ft) bottom cabinet internal carcass in white pvc finish
c 01 nos of Aluminium frames with sandblasted glass door
d s/s dish rack
e installation of hob, hood (item supply by owner)
f soft closing for casement

S/N DESCRIPTION T/PRICE
G SOLID SURFACE
1 Supply & install solid surface top at kitchen approx (L21ft) $1,785.00
H CLEANING WORK
1 Clearing of debris, uploading, downloading of haulage $350.00
2 Supply & lay corrugated paper for affected flooring $150.00
3 Provide chemical washing for whole house (Flooring Only) $180.00
T/TOTAL : $10,045.00
I REMARKS
1 No 7% GST Charges
2 No Hidden Cost
3 5 years warranty on workmanship (Warranty letter will be given after work completion)
J TERMS & CONDITIONS
Payment Terms
10% of Contract Sum upon Signing & Confirmation
50% of Contract Sum upon Commencement of works
35% of Contract Sum upon Commencement of Carpentry works at Factory
05% of Contract Sum upon Completion
Note * Quotation above does not include any P.E Submission hacking of wall

super budget reno as quoted by SDS. feel free to comment. smile.gif

Just handover the unit to us from Submit. Have to say i'm satisfied. Can refer to my blog on my signature to find out the progress but here's a simple snapshot.

ZLivingroom.jpg

Zkitchen.jpg

ZDining.jpg

Zbathroom.jpg

Overall score

My ID was Carol by the way.

Company and ID

Friendliness : 9

On schedule : 10

Responsiveness of ID : 10 (All sms replied to my queries within short time, even PH etc. Even i dun to my boss, what do you expect lol)

Price : 7 (Wat you want, what you pay is what i always believe)

Co-ordination : 8 (On time etc but somehow i feel could be better but i know it's not easy as i've engaged seperate contractor to do my window grilles etc... can vomit blood if you follow my post in another topic)

Subcon

Tiling worksmanship : 8.5 (minor flaw but patched up later)

Carpentry worksmanship : 7.5 (Not quite to my standard but still ok, anything extra is $$$.)

Electrical worksmanship : 9 (Great guy, knows his job friendly and able to make good decisions for you but minor flaw for wrong positioning but no issue as it can be redone later)

Overall good ID and company that can be trusted. Isn't the best out there I'm sure there's better ones but you can be almost worry free of mess up here and there and keep calling up ID without answer, halfway no do job linger for a week etc. My main concern when engaging is on time and worksmanship which they can deliver, ID super creative ideas, Super low price, etc are secondary hence my good review. Some of you might want areas of interest of your own.

Please note all these are due to my own personnel experience when engaging this company. Do not throw shoe at me if your experience turns out otherwise. LOL.

Just handover the unit to us from Submit. Have to say i'm satisfied. Can refer to my blog on my signature to find out the progress but here's a simple snapshot.

ZLivingroom.jpg

Zkitchen.jpg

ZDining.jpg

Zbathroom.jpg

Overall score

Company and ID

Responsiveness of ID : 10 (All sms replied to my queries within short time, even PH etc. Even i dun to my boss, what do you expect lol)

Co-ordination : 8 (On time etc but somehow i feel could be better but i know it's not easy as i've engaged seperate contractor to do my window grilles etc... can vomit blood if you follow my post in another topic)

Subcon

Carpentry worksmanship : 7.5 (Not quite to my standard but still ok, anything extra is $$$.)

Electrical worksmanship : 9 (Great guy, knows his job friendly and able to make good decisions for you but minor flaw for wrong positioning but no issue as it can be redone later)

Overall good ID and company that can be trusted. Isn't the best out there I'm sure there's better ones but you can be almost worry free of mess up here and there and keep calling up ID without answer, halfway no do job linger for a week etc. My main concern when engaging is on time and worksmanship which they can deliver, ID super creative ideas, Super low price, etc are secondary hence my good review. Some of you might want areas of interest of your own.

Please note all these are due to my own personnel experience when engaging this company. Do not throw shoe at me if your experience turns out otherwise. LOL.

Hi Pesadelo,

Your house is very nice. Can you PM me rougly how much is yr renovation

Thanks

ZLivingroom.jpg

Zkitchen.jpg

ZDining.jpg

Zbathroom.jpg

Overall score

Company and ID

Subcon

Nice done up. Can provide the contact of your ID. Thanks.

Finally my house feels like home. Thanks to my ID Stephanie for making my dream home possible in a very short time and within my budget. I re-did my whole kitchen and minor works for the bathrooms and it turned out better than we expected. I was very impressed with Stephanie keeping to our budget by finding ways to cut on the costs but not on design. Will definitely recommend her to my friends.

ZLivingroom.jpg

Zkitchen.jpg

ZDining.jpg

Zbathroom.jpg

Overall score

Company and ID

Subcon

Hi, can pm the contact and the cost to me too?

thanks man.

Regards

Roy

House Type: New 4 Room Punggol Flat (Premium; Tiles & basic sanitary fittings included)

ID: Shah Larkhan

Total Renovation cost: $23,779.50

We chose Summit Design Studio as our ID after reading about them in this forum. Shah is a really patient and nice lady who constantly provided updates on renovation works to us. She does not impose her ideas on us, but instead listened to our needs, ideas and worked around our budget. The only imperfection would be the total time taken to handover unit to us, which was delayed by 1 of their contractors. Other than this, we are satisfied with our newly renovated house. We would still recommend Shah and Summit Design Studio. Our renovation consisted mostly of carpentry works, with the details as follow.

Kitchen:
- Top & bottom cabinets, stainless steel dish rack, aluminium frame frosted glass flip-up door, installation of cooker & aluminium sheet in replacement of cooker hob,soft closing hinges for casement doors, tempered glass backing painted, frosted tempered sliding door @ kitchen entrance and solid top @ kitchen.

Living/Dining Room:
- TV console in laminate finish with aluminium frame clear glass flip-down doors, full height normal feature wall, odd-shaped mirror with light pelmet and shoe cabinet.

Master Bedroom:
- Full height normal sliding door wardrobe and partition feature wall.

Bedroom 2:
- Full height normal sliding door wardrobe.

Study Room:
- L-Shaped study table + top hung cabinet with casement doors.

Master Bathroom:
- Suspended vanity cabinet, top cabinet with mirror and solid top @ master bathroom, clear tempered glass shower screen with door handle and solid top @ common bathroom.

Common Bathroom:
- Suspended vanity cabinet, clear tempered glass shower screen with 2 sliding doors and solid top @ common bathroom.

Ceiling works:
- False ceiling at entrance & dining, L-box ****, dining & cover air-con piping, U-box at kitchen entrance.

Doors:
- PD door for bathrooms and 3 solid veneer bedroom doors.

Windows:
- Service yard windows

Others:
- Painting for whole house (6 colours), plumbing & cleaning works & 3D drawings.

Edited by leyenda

House Type: New 4 Room Punggol Flat (Premium; Tiles & basic sanitary fittings included)

ID: Shah Larkhan

Total Renovation cost: $23,779.50

We chose Summit Design Studio as our ID after reading about them in this forum. Shah is a really patient and nice lady who constantly provided updates on renovation works to us. She does not impose her ideas on us, but instead listened to our needs, ideas and worked around our budget. The only imperfection would be the total time taken to handover unit to us, which was delayed by 1 of their contractors. Other than this, we are satisfied with our newly renovated house. We would still recommend Shah and Summit Design Studio. Our renovation consisted mostly of carpentry works, with the details as follow.

Kitchen:
- Top & bottom cabinets, stainless steel dish rack, aluminium frame frosted glass flip-up door, installation of cooker & aluminium sheet in replacement of cooker hob,soft closing hinges for casement doors, tempered glass backing painted, frosted tempered sliding door @ kitchen entrance and solid top @ kitchen.

Living/Dining Room:
- TV console in laminate finish with aluminium frame clear glass flip-down doors, full height normal feature wall, odd-shaped mirror with light pelmet and shoe cabinet.

Master Bedroom:
- Full height normal sliding door wardrobe and partition feature wall.

Bedroom 2:
- Full height normal sliding door wardrobe.

Study Room:
- L-Shaped study table + top hung cabinet with casement doors.

Master Bathroom:
- Suspended vanity cabinet, top cabinet with mirror and solid top @ master bathroom, clear tempered glass shower screen with door handle and solid top @ common bathroom.

Common Bathroom:
- Suspended vanity cabinet, clear tempered glass shower screen with 2 sliding doors and solid top @ common bathroom.

Ceiling works:
- False ceiling at entrance & dining, L-box ****, dining & cover air-con piping, U-box at kitchen entrance.

Doors:
- PD door for bathrooms and 3 solid veneer bedroom doors.

Windows:
- Service yard windows

Others:
- Painting for whole house (6 colours), plumbing & cleaning works & 3D drawings.

Any pictures?

Hi,

Is it the norm for staff in Summit Design to be called a 'Lifestyle Consultant' in their namecard? Just curious whether the person I'm currently speaking to is really an ID or a salesperson as she seemed clumsy in handling a tape measure and her free hand sketching CMI. I think I can sketch better than her.. :dunno:

Also is it company practice for Summit Design IDs to pair with someone else working as a team when you engage them?

To be fair to this lady from Summit Design, she has been responsive so far and not pushy but just slightly cautious as she's not that kilat as compared to some other IDs I've spoken to.

Edited by hbk16

Most of the time, the project coordinator, just "go-through-motion". Will be dropping them, for the next renovation!

Exactly my thoughts on the 'go-through-motion' part. Most of the designs were thought up by myself with relatively minimal inputs from them and yes, agree on their quotation being quite ex too.. Thanks at least I can strike them out.

I started off with shortlisting Summit as one of my ID and managed to get a quote from them. True that they are not the cheapest and I found that there quotes are very "vague".

A lot of items that they quoted me examples are 10ft X 10ft, 8ft X 8ft, unlike some other ID companies where they are more detailed and they even gave me 2D sketch of pictures and lightings sketches for the room.

I have dropped them too.