Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

Where To Get Glass/acrylic Display Box?

Not sure where to post this, but just trying my luck here, probably hoping that people into geomancy and FS will know.

I want to get a display box for a FS sculpture that I had bought recently - those that are used to contain Buddha statues or other scupltures to prevent dust.

Can anyone help? Thanks...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Not sure where to post this, but just trying my luck here, probably hoping that people into geomancy and FS will know.

I want to get a display box for a FS sculpture that I had bought recently - those that are used to contain Buddha statues or other scupltures to prevent dust.

Can anyone help? Thanks...

ready maded ones are too flimsy....usually made with thin acrylic. :good:

I always go to DAMA for customise projects ( they do charge labour for making a box apart from the acrylic material)

www.dama.com.sg

ready maded ones are too flimsy....usually made with thin acrylic. :good:

I always go to DAMA for customise projects ( they do charge labour for making a box apart from the acrylic material)

www.dama.com.sg

So far wat project have you get them to done for you ? Can share ?

So far wat project have you get them to done for you ? Can share ?

car hifi.

round speaker enclosure.

you can custom make your TV console or even a coffee table.

the materials arent expensive.....it's their professional labour charges that hurts the pocket.

they sell special glues/tools for DIY too.

ready maded ones are too flimsy....usually made with thin acrylic. :notti:

www.dama.com.sg

Thanks for your advice!

However, are they familiar with boxing up such FS scrupltures? Even though it may be a simple acrylic cover with wooden base, I am still hoping for a religious-looking base with some simple designs/carvings.

Anyway, you have anyone I can contact at Dama? Thanks... :lol:

Thanks for your advice!

However, are they familiar with boxing up such FS scrupltures? Even though it may be a simple acrylic cover with wooden base, I am still hoping for a religious-looking base with some simple designs/carvings.

Anyway, you have anyone I can contact at Dama? Thanks... !!

hmm...u want "wordings" on the acrylic?..this might cost you.

dama is a huge company, no point calling them on the phone, you need to go there personally.

bring the dimensions, preferably a drawing and they can quote you on the spot.

look for Miss Chen, the one sitting on the rised platform desks.

hmm...u want "wordings" on the acrylic?..this might cost you.

dama is a huge company, no point calling them on the phone, you need to go there personally.

bring the dimensions, preferably a drawing and they can quote you on the spot.

look for Miss Chen, the one sitting on the rised platform desks.

Well I am not exactly looking for wordings or any specific works to be done - in fact I dun even know how it is to be done! Hehe... :sport-smiley-004:

What I was asking is whether they had done this before so that they can give me the appropriate advice, eg how much excess space from the dimensions of the scruplture, any standard height (like if we want to install an altar, there are predefined heights to adhere to, not suka-suka drill onto the wall at a height that we think it looks nice), whether need to make a hole at the face of the scruplture, etc.

Erm maybe I should put it this way: I need the advice of those who are an expert in doing this, or at least has done this several times before and whether are there any photos of their past works to see. Hehe...am I asking for too much ah, after all its just a display box! But since I value this alot I want to do it right mah...

Think I will pay this Miss Chen a visit by this weekend...appreciate your help!

Well I am not exactly looking for wordings or any specific works to be done - in fact I dun even know how it is to be done! Hehe... :dribble:

What I was asking is whether they had done this before so that they can give me the appropriate advice, eg how much excess space from the dimensions of the scruplture, any standard height (like if we want to install an altar, there are predefined heights to adhere to, not suka-suka drill onto the wall at a height that we think it looks nice), whether need to make a hole at the face of the scruplture, etc.

Erm maybe I should put it this way: I need the advice of those who are an expert in doing this, or at least has done this several times before and whether are there any photos of their past works to see. Hehe...am I asking for too much ah, after all its just a display box! But since I value this alot I want to do it right mah...

Think I will pay this Miss Chen a visit by this weekend...appreciate your help!

:dancingqueen:

just remember to bring all the dimensions - of the scrupture, etc,