Jump to content
Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dietgalvon

Project Muji Home - of white, wood and chrome

Recommended Posts

On 5/17/2017 at 5:01 PM, Scteo84 said:

Hi, as I am looking for Muji style renovation as well, do you mind sharing the contact information of your 5 (J&E) and 7th (ID- MH of LPS) as well for reference? Thanks!

PM sent!

 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 5/17/2017 at 5:01 PM, Scteo84 said:

7. ID - MH of L**** P****** S*******

This was through a recommendation of a blog I follow. The reviews of MH was very good. Albeit he was a young man, he was quite experienced and REALLY patient. My fiance really like him - he has a soft spot for people who are easy to work with - and he told me after the first meeting that he would pay for such better services. We were really torn between MH and J&E because we want both experience and quality. What was taken into consideration was also my perfectionism that I would prefer to take charge of every single detail in my home. The final quotation was $2k plus more than that of J&E, and we eventually picked J&E.

Hi dietgalvon, mind sharing MH contact?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow gonna follow your blog closely. loving the updates so far :)

btw, do you mind sharing your quotations and ID no. 7?

Thank you!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5. Contractor - J & E from C*** X**** 

Hi Dietgalvon,

I believe we have similarity in most area on renovation. Can you kindly share their contacts?

Thanks in advance

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2017 at 9:24 AM, T85 said:

Hi dietgalvon, mind sharing MH contact?

PM sent.

23 hours ago, saura said:

wow gonna follow your blog closely. loving the updates so far :)

btw, do you mind sharing your quotations and ID no. 7?

Thank you!

PM sent.

22 hours ago, Totoro0268 said:

Hi 

Would you mind to email me MH ID's contacts?  Thanks!

 

 

Hello, I was unable to PM you. 

20 hours ago, Fullsound said:

5. Contractor - J & E from C*** X**** 

Hi Dietgalvon,

I believe we have similarity in most area on renovation. Can you kindly share their contacts?

Thanks in advance

PM sent.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3D Drawings (II)

18518269_10155028573127529_4172765680649903143_o.jpg.dcc6fc7dceddc03de5cca6e9b06aecf7.jpg

IMG_7244.JPG.c3c51e31168a1d3bd7c68d23a5146822.JPG

What we did here was to try to make all things woody to prevent having the Scandinavian feel. We deliberately changed the laminates of the dining and MBR to the 2 we were contemplating and the 3D turned out really shocking! :o

We even got Evorich to send us samples because we might need to reconsider our choice of flooring. But we realised that our choice of flooring actually looks really pretty! It's the 3D drawing that is misleading. -__- 3D drawings are excellent in helping us to visualise the design but honestly I think 2D drawings suffice. The colours are way off!

And so, with the flooring sample, we made another trip to Lamintak. Before going over, we looked through countless pictures that gives off the feel of what we are looking for,  and we finally found out what we actually needed. Thanks to the researcher fiance who can tell what determines the feel of what we want. I look at the picture, I only know I like it. The fiance will analyse why we like it and report his findings lol.

IMG_7234.JPG.4ce3562e10810ad16abf7e8bb04a1131.JPG

Another problem with laminates is the what you see in the catalog and what you see on the samples (A4 or smaller) and what you see in real-sized can vary. And I am quite the perfectionist I am pretty anal with it comes to this. If there is just a bit that I don't like, it needs to be changed.

I think, we have settled on our choice of laminate; and we will be using it throughout the home. Just 1 laminate for all carpentry (except kitchen and toilet). And we ain't getting getting E to change the 3D drawings for us; we trust our own eyes.

TIP: Please always get samples of whatever - countertop, flooring, etc. And, get a few that you like. You never know when you may change your mind along the way and it's a huge hassle to go get the samples later.

Edited by dietgalvon
 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RENOVATION UPDATE - 20 MAY 2017

We dropped by our home yesterday to check on what's been done. Actually we popped over on one of the weekdays but it was super dark so can't take any pictures. Then, there were a lot of machines all over the home! It has been cleared off yesterday.

IMG_7247.JPG.964f82a9f5a652d2b7bbca24a76d6c3c.JPG

We saw that the tiling was done! Overlaying of toilet tiles is really so worth it. Thanks to the fiance who decided that the walls should be overlaid too. And now I am asking myself why did I want to save the money and not overlay the common toilet floor tiles. Overlaying floor tiles would give us a proper bathroom entrance kerb and a drop down at the shower area instead of a shower kerb which will look bulky especially because we are only installing a panel shower screen.

IMG_7248.JPG.a0aa769a2b8e73cc9a953878e826e9fb.JPG

Electrical works are also all up! Very, very well done.

IMG_7245.JPG.1d362a84e276106f99c6314f3758a7a9.JPG

Kitchen also slowly forming~ But I think works will be delayed because my sink has not arrived. :x

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 3:00 PM, dietgalvon said:

3D Drawings (II)

18518269_10155028573127529_4172765680649903143_o.jpg.dcc6fc7dceddc03de5cca6e9b06aecf7.jpg

IMG_7244.JPG.c3c51e31168a1d3bd7c68d23a5146822.JPG

What we did here was to try to make all things woody to prevent having the Scandinavian feel. We deliberately changed the laminates of the dining and MBR to the 2 we were contemplating and the 3D turned out really shocking! :o

We even got Evorich to send us samples because we might need to reconsider our choice of flooring. But we realised that our choice of flooring actually looks really pretty! It's the 3D drawing that is misleading. -__- 3D drawings are excellent in helping us to visualise the design but honestly I think 2D drawings suffice. The colours are way off!

And so, with the flooring sample, we made another trip to Lamintak. Before going over, we looked through countless pictures that gives off the feel of what we are looking for,  and we finally found out what we actually needed. Thanks to the researcher fiance who can tell what determines the feel of what we want. I look at the picture, I only know I like it. The fiance will analyse why we like it and report his findings lol.

IMG_7234.JPG.4ce3562e10810ad16abf7e8bb04a1131.JPG

Another problem with laminates is the what you see in the catalog and what you see on the samples (A4 or smaller) and what you see in real-sized can vary. And I am quite the perfectionist I am pretty anal with it comes to this. If there is just a bit that I don't like, it needs to be changed.

I think, we have settled on our choice of laminate; and we will be using it throughout the home. Just 1 laminate for all carpentry (except kitchen and toilet). And we ain't getting getting E to change the 3D drawings for us; we trust our own eyes.

TIP: Please always get samples of whatever - countertop, flooring, etc. And, get a few that you like. You never know when you may change your mind along the way and it's a huge hassle to go get the samples later.

Hi hi, following your blog closely. Ihave few questions for you.

1. Do you mind to share the laminate code?

2. Which lamitak office that you go to, can provide me address and do they give you the full sample that they have?

3. When you get Evorich to do the platform in your MBR, the price that you've gotten includes doing the elevated platform? 

Thank you. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/05/2017 at 10:47 PM, Yune Ki said:

Hi hi, following your blog closely. Ihave few questions for you.

1. Do you mind to share the laminate code?

2. Which lamitak office that you go to, can provide me address and do they give you the full sample that they have?

3. When you get Evorich to do the platform in your MBR, the price that you've gotten includes doing the elevated platform? 

Thank you. 

@Yune Ki

1. We picked WY5244D. Think you should match it against your flooring for best results!

2. Think there's only one office at Sungei  Kadut, can google for the full address. They allow you to view all A4 samples and the real sized laminates. You can bring home A4 samples of those you selected.

if you're not particular, can get your contractor to request A4 samples too.

3. There is a separate quote for constructing the platform.

HTHs!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dietgalvon said:

@Yune Ki

1. We picked WY5244D. Think you should match it against your flooring for best results!

2. Think there's only one office at Sungei  Kadut, can google for the full address. They allow you to view all A4 samples and the real sized laminates. You can bring home A4 samples of those you selected.

if you're not particular, can get your contractor to request A4 samples too.

3. There is a separate quote for constructing the platform.

HTHs!

Thanks. Was it J & E or Evorich that construct the platform? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Works have been delayed because my kitchen sink has not arrived (argh the seller for vanity set did not dispatch the item!). Last Thursday, aircon guys came to do aircon trunking and install the aircon, but that left me depressed for a bit.

I regretted not giving much thought to aircon trunking as I thought I could leave it to the Gain City guys (ain't they experts?). We listened to them analysing the pros and cons of each trunking method, and decided based on that. It turned out to be a disaster. For first time owners, please do consider how the trunking should run before you arrange the guys to come down. Do your own research, and don't simply believe what the aircon guys tell you.

***

INSTALLATION OF AIRCON - 25 MAY 2017

Due to the unique layout of our flat, the aircon trunking has to run round the living round. So first bad news was, trunking will cover part of our top windows. My OCD self cannot even accept top cabinets covering part of the service yard windows. And for this, we have absolutely no choice. This cannot be boxed up at all. Curtains cannot be installed under the beam at the windows also, but at least can still be covered by curtains lah.

Will box up the trunking at the living room wall.

IMG_7338.JPG.a508013105501fbe57a82d8947d67ae1.JPG

Another option was to create a fake beam across the living room, J was not willing to do because he said it's going to be very ugly (tiny living room already).

Next, was the passageway. Due to the sheer amount of trunking, after box up, will need to do false ceiling and install downlight instead.

IMG_7329.JPG.5483391176ddefef4dda96a9fa3d5bbd.JPG

Same for MBR entrance, need to do false ceiling and install downlight instead. I already bought my cute woody light for this. :'( My MBR is supposed to be all woody!!

IMG_7327.JPG.da7973e8983e47fcb031dbadfc30584f.JPG

And really, these ain't that bad, I can only blame it on the structure of my flat.

The bomb comes when we saw the state of the MBR toilet.

IMG_7341.JPG.fb1a125385f6b73d500d49c39bedcd94.JPG

I WAS SO SAD. We only have 2 pieces of grey shower feature wall and it is gone just like that. I wanted to shift the water pipe to the opposite side of the wall but the guys said it cannot be done. The huge trunking across the wall also bothers the fiance. Our wall tiles are so pretty before this!

[Sidetrack, we even agreed to pay for the extra hours for the guys (he quoted $180) to redo the trunking but they refused to giving lots of excuses like no extra trunking case if redo the case will have a hole at the side, etc.]

We had no choice but to let it be. However, upon some research and advice from others, it seems that the aircon trunking could be run at the ceiling (for MBR toilet) so that it would not be so obvious. I think, the guys simply took the easy way out.

We really could not bear the aircon trunking, and decided to call Gain City to arrange to redo the trunking at the toilet. They agreed! We called E to check on the price to mend the tiles after redo the trunking but he said he will not charge us. Awww. Certainly hope that the re-trunking will be done properly; my heart is not ready for another scare.

Edited by dietgalvon
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! Do you mind sharing the following contacts with me? Thanks! :)

5. Contractor - J & E from C*** X**** 

6. Contractor - E from DX I*******

7. ID - MH of L**** P****** S*******

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, auddddd said:

Hi! Do you mind sharing the following contacts with me? Thanks! :)

5. Contractor - J & E from C*** X**** 

6. Contractor - E from DX I*******

7. ID - MH of L**** P****** S*******

 

PM sent.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Aura Sink download renotalk renovation guide


×