Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Songz

1 Bedder Condo (Modern Theme)

Recently my girlfriend is looking to purchase a 1 bedder condo, a place not too big as its only for both of us. Most importantly a place not too big to clean :P :P :P

We view various showroom and resale but nothing really catch our eyes till we view this unit. 

The view was great from both the room and balcony, the ceiling was high at about 4.8m tall, the place is near the MRT (5 mins walk) :good: :good: :good:

Its the first house that both of us agree upon (Usually 1 of us will dislike something on the other party shortlisted house )

We try to lowball the owner but sad to say, we failed at it ( :D :D :D ), however the price we purchased was still attractive :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

This is the floorplan of the unit ^^ 

Floorplan.jpg

Edited by Songz

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Sorry for being inactive for a while as I was busy with work.

Thus after confirming with the purchase we started to look around for ID.

We decided to go for Modern theme with lots of storage if possible.

Below are just my own personal thoughts on the IDs :

B from Inspire 
- pricing is good
- ideas are more of we gave to him and not much input from him
- seems newbie 

J from 3D Innovations
- intro from 1 of the forum person 
- easy to get along and a few ideas not that bad
- pricing looks reasonable 

Joshua from Piuottso 
- great ideas and color recommendations
- show great passion
- however initial price is high
- listen to our needs and ideas, follow by giving good idea to modify better

W from Sky creation 
- newbie but show a lot of commitment at the start 
- towards sometime later she seem distracted and went back to malaysia for some stuff thus taken over by her boss D 
- D is experienced and give good ideas but pricing is too high and there were some hidden cost which was not listed till we ask (Eg. Haulage and etc fee)

(Forgot Name) Rest & Relax 
- Expensive, ideas not really that great 

Foo from CustomBox 
- wanted to engage him as he did my house previously
- however during that time he was quite busy with projects and his kids thus unable to get him

D from Yu Jia 
- target because seen a friend house which is not bad
- no response after meeting the ID, reply only after we contact the boss
- show no interest thus we decide not to engage any further

In the end we decide to take a leap of faith and choose Joshua from Piuottso (There was not much review about the company and only 1 complain which the boss replied)
Reason being he is very approachable, great ideas and most important the passion he show for interior designing. 

Below are a few pictures of the house and view from balcony.

Living (Balcony).jpg

Living (Entrance).jpg

Loft.jpg

Room.jpg

View from Balcony.jpg

44 minutes ago, fingerscross said:

Nice view! Is this a duplex unit with the bedroom on the upper floor? Frm the photo the kitchen cabinets look pretty new and modern looking, will you be keeping them?

Its not a duplex unit, just that the loft comes with it.

For other level which ceiling is not that high, you will need to climb to your bed on the loft. 

Due to the height of our unit, we are able to walk normally to our bed on the loft (We are both not very tall ) :D:D:D

All the cabinets and etc i will be keeping as this place is just 1 year old, however we will be covering the top cabinets as its too tall 

Its a cool house!

If i were young and single, staying in a house like this with my girlfriend.....that view! that balcony! hmmmmm kinky stuff comes to mind:D

Just curious, for a unit like this, do they aldy include the loft area into the house floor area?  Do u intend to built a upper deck for your living room as well, maybe as a study area or guess room?

Really LOL at my house when I read your post.

No kinky stuff at the balcony as opposite on the hill top is Mindef and I really don want to take the risk of being stomp  :D :D :D

For the unit it already have a loft in the room (For size of a bed and side table only)

Like you suggested, I will build a small loft (Around 5m2) above the living as a study area :good: 

After signing with Joshua, we got our 3D drawings after sometime.

We went through 2 rounds of 3D drawings as there errors and we made some changes during the first round .

Below are the final 3D drawings : 

View from Entrance 

As per suggest by Joshua, the front part do 45 degrees slanted to make it look less cramp

From Entrance.jpg

Living area

Living.jpg

Study loft above the living area

Study Loft.jpg

Bedroom

Bedroom Downstair.jpg

Bedroom loft.

The ceiling above the window will have false ceiling with downlights, the side table is suppose to be on other side 

We decided to cancel the false ceiling above the whole bedroom loft due to height constraint

Bedroom Loft.jpg

Edited by Songz

Your 3D drawings are nice. Is there any reason why the TV cannot be on the storage staircase side?

You could have your sofa on the wall side instead. Would not only save you $1 to $2 k on the TV console and feature wall, also make the walking path to the balcony wider.....sorry just love that balcony:D. Of course that would also mean giving up some of the storage space at the staircase.

Alternatively if storage space is precious commodity, you could have some storage space built above the TV at the feature wall side. I find that feature wall is somethg that most IDs mark up alot. Carpenters charge a low psf for this while IDs charge a high pfr

Nice view! looking at the greens everyday is so soothing to the eyes and mind.

What is the plan to the bedroom below the bed? seems quite a big empty space.

Is there storage space in the first 2 steps of the staircase leading to the study loft?

I remember reading your T-blog when you purchased your 3 room resale when I was doing my research in 2015. What happened to that unit now that you have purchased this condo? 

15 hours ago, fingerscross said:

Your 3D drawings are nice. Is there any reason why the TV cannot be on the storage staircase side?

You could have your sofa on the wall side instead. Would not only save you $1 to $2 k on the TV console and feature wall, also make the walking path to the balcony wider.....sorry just love that balcony:D. Of course that would also mean giving up some of the storage space at the staircase.

Alternatively if storage space is precious commodity, you could have some storage space built above the TV at the feature wall side. I find that feature wall is somethg that most IDs mark up alot. Carpenters charge a low psf for this while IDs charge a high pfr

The sofa is much longer and it will spill over to the door side thus this arrangement.

Also I will be making a big storage below the stairs for bulky items. 

14 hours ago, Kobelala said:

Is that tree house or Eco sancturary bro, anyway nice layout loft. All the best for your upcoming Reno 

This is not Eco or Tree.

Thanks a lot for the well wishes. 

6 hours ago, mmoh said:

Nice view! looking at the greens everyday is so soothing to the eyes and mind.

What is the plan to the bedroom below the bed? seems quite a big empty space.

Is there storage space in the first 2 steps of the staircase leading to the study loft?

I remember reading your T-blog when you purchased your 3 room resale when I was doing my research in 2015. What happened to that unit now that you have purchased this condo? 

Ya I love the view when I visit the house for the first time.

Building additional cabinets and a vanity area for gf. The 3D drawings open space look big but in actual fact not much space is left ~ :D :D :D

I rem there will be no storage at the stairs and only the back will have a empty area below to store bulky stuff, will need check with Joshua again

I am still living at the unit for the time being, my parents will stay after I move over to this after reno.

Edited by Songz

The reno is actually going on now and my update is a little behind schedule ~ :P :P :P

After we got the keys, we started the following next few days. However there were some defects which was not done by the management and they send some workers to do it. :good: :good: :good:

Management send people to rectify the defects

Defects.jpg

Protection is lay before commencing of Reno.

Protection 1.jpg

Protection 2.jpg

Edited by Songz

5 hours ago, Songz said:

Ya I love the view when I visit the house for the first time.

Building additional cabinets and a vanity area for gf. The 3D drawings open space look big but in actual fact not much space is left ~ :D :D :D

I rem there will be no storage at the stairs and only the back will have a empty area below to store bulky stuff, will need check with Joshua again

I am still living at the unit for the time being, my parents will stay after I move over to this after reno.

Your second property??? If so i must thank u on behalf of ah gong for contributing absd to the ah gong fund:P

Anyway now is a good time to buy, with enbloc craze back, only a matter of time the tide turns